I just saw a video of BB10 in action and was wowed by just the little bit I watched. The functionality is amazing. The soft-keyboard does more than any other KB I've seen. The integration of swipe panels is sweet.

Sheeesh! I can't wait for this to hit my PB and for BB10 hardware to be released. Depending on the actual hardware aesthetics and features, BB10 has the possibility to blow all other systems away.

BlackBerry 10 hands-on (video) -- Engadget
    zma15 likes this.
    06-19-12 05:20 PM
    I think we all are eagerly awaiting bb10.
    06-19-12 06:42 PM
    I'm not too sure about the keyboard. Are we really going to keep swiping the keyboard upward when we see a word that fits?

I see the benefit of swiping vs pressing the word; swiping avoids false positives; but will it really feel "natural" to swipe the keyboard?
    06-19-12 06:46 PM
    That is a really cool video. Certainly got me keen to get the new BB10 phones as soon as it is released. I soaked my Torch 9800 so had to replace it recently with the 9860. I'll be looking for someone to takeover the 9860 from me as soon as the new BB10 phones comes out.
    06-19-12 07:37 PM
    is it me? but the guy showing the phone with BB10 seems a little bit slow or lost! LOL the interviewer had to actually walk him through it and coax him...right? LOL but the BB10 OS looks very nice indeed!
    06-19-12 08:25 PM
    is it me? but the guy showing the phone with BB10 seems a little bit slow or lost! LOL the interviewer had to actually walk him through it and coax him...right? LOL but the BB10 OS looks very nice indeed!
    That guy.. is actually the man who invented BBM. I'll go out on a limb and say he was a little out of his element giving demos to a slew of bloggers and journalists who are trying to pump him for more info than he is allowed to give.
    06-19-12 08:53 PM
    Using me predictive keyboard just really makes me feel 'lost' many times when I'm typing.. But it's more so because I'm so amazed at the fact that the predictive keyboard is actually able to predict my thought and not just a word!

Now can someone tell me if the 'PDF Attachment' is a cached copy opened or is it that fast?
    06-20-12 12:09 AM
    Using me predictive keyboard just really makes me feel 'lost' many times when I'm typing.. But it's more so because I'm so amazed at the fact that the predictive keyboard is actually able to predict my thought and not just a word!

Now can someone tell me if the 'PDF Attachment' is a cached copy opened or is it that fast?
    I was wondering the same. People here have said that "all apps will be open" so If thats the case than it would be fast. Its possible that RIM will have some apps like PDF paused in the background (but not in the app switcher screen) listening for action. But only RIM knows right now.

The keyboard seems better than the PB one where you need to take your eyes off the letters and look at the suggestions. Having the word right at the letter seems a lot better but not sure yet if i'd ditch it for a real keyboard as I'm already fast.
    06-20-12 06:34 AM
    I agree with Blaize. To me the interviewer wasn't walking him through, he was more like probing and Gary's responses were more like, "well duh!" lol
    06-20-12 07:01 AM
    The peeking is probably nice, but I do not see the usefullness of this. Why do you want to peek? Memory loss? Like the predictive keyboard. Will it work with other languages?
    06-20-12 08:33 AM
    I'm not too sure about the keyboard. Are we really going to keep swiping the keyboard upward when we see a word that fits?

I see the benefit of swiping vs pressing the word; swiping avoids false positives; but will it really feel "natural" to swipe the keyboard?
    Wouldn't you get more "false positives" by doing the same action (pressing instead of swiping) to send the word?
    06-20-12 08:42 AM
    I agree with Blaize. To me the interviewer wasn't walking him through, he was more like probing and Gary's responses were more like, "well duh!" lol
    Umm no, the idea of giving a show N tell is to narrate what the app is able to do at the same time to let the viewers know what can/cannot be done...which the guy didn't LOL he just "showed" what can be done...I have to agree with blaze, which is the guy was out of his elements
    06-20-12 08:43 AM
    I love and hate BB10 right now. I love the features I'm seeing right now, however the I hate waiting for it!

-Sent straight from my BlackBerry PlayBook.
    mandony likes this.
    06-20-12 08:56 AM
    ... who are trying to pump him for more info than he is allowed to give.
    Definately seemed to me that he was thinking carefully about what answers he was allowed to give before answering.
    In fact I'd go as far as to say that the last couple of questions were not what he wanted to show. The way he pulled accross to the "app tray", but didn't pull accross fully made me think that there was possibly somthing in there he didn't want (or wasn't allowed) to show.

Si.
    06-20-12 09:31 AM
    Umm no, the idea of giving a show N tell is to narrate what the app is able to do at the same time to let the viewers know what can/cannot be done...which the guy didn't LOL he just "showed" what can be done...I have to agree with blaze, which is the guy was out of his elements
    Yeah he is out of his element! lol... that's why I think some of his responses were like "well duh" isn't that obvious, with a little bit of reluctance (well the last "right" that Gary said in particular). But a picture is worth a thousand words...
    Last edited by bounce007; 06-20-12 at 11:39 AM.
    06-20-12 11:37 AM
    Definately seemed to me that he was thinking carefully about what answers he was allowed to give before answering.
    In fact I'd go as far as to say that the last couple of questions were not what he wanted to show. The way he pulled accross to the "app tray", but didn't pull accross fully made me think that there was possibly somthing in there he didn't want (or wasn't allowed) to show.

Si.
    Yeah, I think he didn't want to dwell on the app tray full of repeating icons. I really think that the BB10 we've been seeing is more of a mock-up prototype, to be as controlled as possible. The repeating icons show that. Otherwise we'd be seeing other apps I'd think - such as PB apps. I don't think it's actually been shown to get new emails or browse the web or anything. It also prevents someone from seeing something accidentally that wasn't intended, and prevent bugs from showing up since the OS is still being worked on.
    06-20-12 12:04 PM
    That guy.. is actually the man who invented BBM. I'll go out on a limb and say he was a little out of his element giving demos to a slew of bloggers and journalists who are trying to pump him for more info than he is allowed to give.
    I actually think the video recording was done after to match the audio recording of Gary. I mean I thought it was awful and maybe Gary just didn't have much EQ or something...but then I saw this video on N4BB and it's waayyyy different and seems more like the hands match the voice. Link below.

We Go Hands-on the BlackBerry 10 Keyboard with BBM Creator Gary Klassen (Video) | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    06-21-12 03:09 AM
    all that RIM need Now To be Sucefull On BB10 Is Put It On a Powerfull Hardware Quad-core processor And At last 2G of ram cause QNX is an Ram killer Like android Need Good Ram To works Good And Dont crash Apps Mainly Browser as happens In Playbook ...
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-21-12 02:39 PM
    I'm really looking forward to the release of Bb 10 and seeing as I get an upgrade in Oct I'm gonna get one on release but I still can see me passing on my 9900 anytime soon. Such a good phone, just hope bb 10 has a better battery life but with it being full touch screen is that asking too much??
    06-21-12 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD