pretty much what I expected to hear, as it would mainly be a media device and pretty much a throwaway price, it still works better than most entry level android tabs even with the newer android. I've had a play with other stuff and still prefer the total package I get with the playbook. its strengths still outweigh it's weaknesses imo. and buying something known can save a lot of grief later. I must have read a couple of hundred reviews before I settled on an 'obsolete' tablet to get me used to the idea. if you always try to be cutting edge then you usually fail like friends who used to fly to the US computer shows to get the latest motherboard at 5 times the price of waiting a few months for it to reach the UK. that said I used to run win 7 on a 486 laptop until I could upgrade to another durable enough to survive a motorbike crash.

neither of us really want laptop replacements, hate apple and are old enough to remember dialing up bulletin boards so laggy browsers don't mean all that much to a generation used to waiting, once it catches the stream though it works well enough.

not had mine so long but I've taken to using mine continuously now as companion screens when I'm busy or suitable noise to help me sleep or emergency browser when out and about or in the kitchen. they also smarten up my obsolete TVs quite nicely. using two at the same time is quite handy as well and it saves having two laptops on which was what I usually did.

thousands of them on ebay along with even more cheap android tabs which just goes to show how fickle people are and how a little sideloading can transform things. I put battery guru on all mine and none of them had had more than 100 charges. one only had 9 and I got it for a 1/4 of what they paid for it so for the price of one 'good' new comparable tablet I got 4, two with blackberry keyboards.

I think I'll send him one of mine, let him have a play about and start using my spare 32gb as the 'house' tablet.
    Attachment 268879
    05-09-14 07:38 AM
    NO. lol
    05-09-14 08:30 AM
    No, unless he just wants a cheap movie player in the car for his kids and/or a fancy alarm clock. As others have alluded to, he can pick up an awesome android based tablet on the cheap that will offer browsing abilities that far surpass what the pb is capable of, not to mention an app store with all the apps he could ever want.
    05-09-14 10:41 AM
    No, unless he just wants a cheap movie player in the car for his kids and/or a fancy alarm clock. As others have alluded to, he can pick up an awesome android based tablet on the cheap that will offer browsing abilities that far surpass what the pb is capable of, not to mention an app store with all the apps he could ever want.
    Android 4.4 operation on my 2012 Nexus 7 is clumsy compared to PB and not very fast. Maybe I have too many apps o. it from that wonderful Google store, Browser is not very swift and I have yet to find a good email app. Charges slow and battery life not great. Nice screen and does better on You Tube than the PB. Awesome Android tablets of this years technology are not that cheap. Which one(s) are suggested?
    05-09-14 10:56 AM
    Android 4.4 operation on my 2012 Nexus 7 is clumsy compared to PB and not very fast. Maybe I have too many apps o. it from that wonderful Google store, Browser is not very swift and I have yet to find a good email app. Charges slow and battery life not great. Nice screen and does better on You Tube than the PB. Awesome Android tablets of this years technology are not that cheap. Which one(s) are suggested?
    I suggest a win8.1 tablet even a RT isn't bad.
    05-09-14 11:15 AM
    The 2013 Nexus 7 is really fast at doing everything I've tried. I'd definately recommend one.

K-9 Mail is a decent email app which can be customized to look and act a lot like a BlackBerry, including the universal Inbox for viewing multiple accounts in one list.
    05-09-14 11:28 AM
    love my venue pro with 8.1
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-09-14 11:34 AM
    I love my Toshiba encore too
    05-09-14 11:41 AM
    Another vote for Dell Venue Pro 8!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 03:33 PM
    Hi mate, are you a CrackBerry administration guy?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    05-09-14 03:46 PM
    In a word - YES!

I have 2 64GB PB that I use daily.
    05-10-14 11:02 AM
    Yes - I still use both of my Playbooks regularly.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 12:23 AM
    Sure. Not much is working these days, but enough. I'm actually enjoying myself typing on its VKB, on a portrait mode.
    02-26-16 03:36 AM
    Love mine but no. Also would not recommend any other 3 year old hardware.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 08:39 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge works with BlackBerry 10, just different hook up than with BlackBerry 7. After you install your PlayBook on the phone and the phone on the PlayBook, you open the browser on the phone and then hit "share" in the 3 dot menu. It will offer the option to open browser on Play book. With some providers an incripted phone is necessary.

Mac's Z10 or PlayBook
    03-02-16 07:20 PM
    Yes I would. Still use frequently, but unable to use overdrive media.keep getting errors
    03-13-16 05:44 PM
    Why not just open browser on playbook??

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 08:24 AM
    Why not just open browser on playbook??

Posted via CB10
    Ain't gonna happen...just learn to disable Javascript and re-enable when you need it. You'd be surprised how much of a hit processing javascript, pushed increasingly from sites for more and more tracking/ads these days, has on browser performance. Turning on Booster in OrigamiBrowser does the same thing.
    03-16-16 04:52 PM
43 12