Having a 2nd PB means more testing to get OS10 on it
    06-30-13 07:32 PM
    Why don't you guys offer up money to buy some off of people? Start a PlayBook wanted thread with what you are willing to pay for different specs and models and let existing owners not happy with the recent news from Waterloo decide if they want to get something out of it?
    07-01-13 10:40 AM
    Why don't you guys offer up money to buy some off of people? Start a PlayBook wanted thread with what you are willing to pay for different specs and models and let existing owners not happy with the recent news from Waterloo decide if they want to get something out of it?
    Fine.. 1$
    07-01-13 10:43 AM
    Yes, yes, yes, people are still at liberty to setup fs ads or eBay auctions for PlayBooks they want to offload, this thread was created as a direct consequence of a poll where a certain number of people had responded to say they'd bin / smash / otherwise destroy their PlayBooks as an appeal to the desire to not see needless / wanton waste and destruction.
    07-01-13 11:35 AM
    I'm currently using a 16gb. I wouldn't mind using the 64gb. My hands are open to RECEIVE.

Posted from my Z10 via CB
    07-01-13 12:05 PM
    I don't have any tablet at all and wouldn't mind one if someone doesn't want theirs... But I'll say that I don't have a dire need for one so if you see someone else who just REALLY needs one, then obviously that person should have priority...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-01-13 02:28 PM
    Having a 2nd PB means more testing to get OS10 on it
    That was my original plan for my 32gig pb - install bb10 and see how things went before moving on to the 64gig. Ah, well, the best layed plans of mice and men destroyed by a thunder bolt from Thor!
    Lendo likes this.
    07-01-13 03:12 PM
    That was my original plan for my 32gig pb - install bb10 and see how things went before moving on to the 64gig. Ah, well, the best layed plans of mice and men destroyed by a thunder bolt from Thor!
    very very frightening......
    07-01-13 04:26 PM
    all of you here are selfish, aside from quackquack and his crew who are working on behalf of all playbook owners. if anyone should receive a playbook it should be quackquack.
    no
    07-01-13 04:32 PM
    no
    ill, take 3
    SPNKr likes this.
    07-01-13 04:34 PM
    I picked up one week and a half ago for 65 bucks. It pretty much looked brand new. Pretty neat little unit IMO. Great for taking along with you or while im sitting out side. I do have a nexus 10 that is my primary. I don't think the browser is as bad as everyone says it is.
    07-01-13 05:10 PM
    Would still gladly accept an LTE model, already have a 16 and 64 model

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:36 PM
    Would still gladly accept an LTE model, already have a 16 and 64 model

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't we all
    07-01-13 07:40 PM
    Wouldn't we all
    Lendo no disrespect meant but every time I see your name on the forums Lando Calrizian from starwars comes to mind without fault each time......I had to share that
    KittyBomb likes this.
    07-01-13 07:45 PM
    Wouldn't we all
    NOPE. I'll take a wifi version and Bell, Rogers and all the rest of those soulless crocksmokers can kiss my lilly white arse
    EchoesFX likes this.
    07-01-13 07:45 PM
    NOPE. I'll take a wifi version and Bell, Rogers and all the rest of those soulless crocksmokers can kiss my lilly white arse
    I agree carrier updates suck and lte playbooks probably will never see 2.1.0.1526
    07-01-13 07:49 PM
    I agree carrier updates suck and lte playbooks probably will never see 2.1.0.1526
    But it's free
    07-01-13 07:53 PM
    But it's free
    haha very true lando very true
    07-01-13 07:55 PM
    But it's free
    Not once you power it. then it costs monthly.

My wifi version was (somewhat) more free the second it left that name we cannot mention brick and mortar store
    07-01-13 08:00 PM
    Haha lover,lover anywhere
    07-01-13 10:11 PM
    I'm one of the people who decided to get off my **** and tried to rally the troops to generate $$ for QuackQuack147.

The amazing generosity of certain community members who contributed donations (DJDragon is one of them - I mention him because he is in this thread and actually deserves to get a working PlayBook donated to him because of his generosity - and there are others too...) enabling us to pool $148 CAD together in 24 hours. We were only asking for $125 CAD by the way so we could buy broken devices to get to QuackQuack in India. As of the time of me writing this, I have paid out $38 CAD to an eBayer in BC, Canada for his broken device and is being shipped to me, to reship to QuackQuack, as we speak. It's taken a LOT of pestering and shopping to try and pry "broken, bricked and otherwise pretty useless" devices from people's hands. I am writing here in this thread because we still need one more device to get to QuackQuack.

I still have $109 CAD left. I think about half of that will be needed for packaging and shipping to India from Canada. Long story short, if you really do NOT want your PlayBook or it no longer functions, PM me and I will give you a chunk of the donated money we've raised as a group...It will at least cover shipping. I'll also list you as a donator on our hacking thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...7/index12.html see post #278.

We're only doing this for the benefit of EVERYONE. It gets hacked or it doesn't. We succeed or we fail. But we most definitely fail if we don't try. I believe it doing something and I believe in the community here too. So think about helping the people who are trying to help everyone else...Thank you.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 07-01-13 at 10:43 PM.
    07-01-13 10:31 PM
    Don't get me started on Bell... I worked for their tech support call centre when they had been outsourcing it to AZ and that was bad enough. Now that is a company that knows how to shaft it's customers hard and dry.

I don't care about the 4G features however, More interested in the faster CPU.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:56 AM
    Hmm, Yea. Add me to the list.
    Anyone that has a PlayBook that they are going to bin or smash. I'll pay you the shipping to send it to me and I will give it a good home. I may keep it connected to the TV, or maybe just as a spare/one to take on holiday etc. Just to prevent being inundated with offers, I'd prefer one from the UK as I'm a cheapskate and shipping will be much less.
    07-02-13 05:06 AM
    If any has another playbook they want to give, just let me know. Never had chance to use video or video chat. Another will make investment. Complete if any arriving them away. Minus fees and shipping of course
    07-02-13 07:31 AM
    That's not in the spirit of this thread, which was started in response to this poll.

Specifically, as of this morning, there are 21 people who claim they are planning to smash perfectly good PlayBooks in a rage, and another 73 who plan to shove a "useless" PlayBook in a drawer since they can't "sell them".

So that's 94 PlayBooks that - according to this poll - will get no more use, and 21 "useless" PlayBooks that will be destroyed.

The purpose of this thread was to find them a new, loving home - since, according to the poll, these owners apparently hate their PlayBooks so much, that they are planning on destroying them or throwing them in a drawer to gather dust anyway.

But as I've said above, so far, not one of these people (who now hate their PlayBooks and plan to destroy or mothball them) has actually stepped up and offered their PlayBooks (that they hate and don't plan to use again) to someone who will take it off their hands and use ...
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 07-02-13 at 12:44 PM.
    07-02-13 08:17 AM
66 123