There has been evidence that BlackBerry may be working on a PlayBook 'Bridge Hub'. I for one would welcome that! Comments Please! How much would this update improve the PlayBook experience?

BlackBerry Hub Revealed on PlayBook Through Bridge Backdoor - N4BB

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    axllebeer likes this.
    02-14-14 06:15 PM
    I would like to see it. If for no other reason than to confirm BlackBerry is still seriously supporting the PlayBook. Never mind how much the functionality of the bridge would improve.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 06:23 PM
    The good thing is that this feature would sit nicely beside the recently added BBM & Text Bridge. So no conflicts with the recent updates.

02-15-14 02:13 AM
    Yeah ))))

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 03:41 AM
    Just a Browser and Keyboard update and I think I'd be happy. I guess it depends on how Bridge-Hub would work.
    02-15-14 07:37 AM
    I would enjoy that. But the update I would really like would be the ability to delete a word by swiping back on the keyboard. I must do that 10 times a day on my PlayBook. Frustrates the heck out of me.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:11 AM
    What A boost 'Bridge Hub' would be for the PlayBook!

axllebeer likes this.
    02-17-14 02:31 PM
    Really, bridge hub would be a great addition. I miss being able to access my BlackBerry 9930 messages on my PlayBook. And if I'm running on just bridge on the go, the PlayBook native email app is unable to send or receive messages without a wifi connection.

I'd like to see this functionality return to the handheld, on the 10 devices.

Posted with my CB10 using the power of " Q "
    02-17-14 06:45 PM
    I would enjoy that. But the update I would really like would be the ability to delete a word by swiping back on the keyboard. I must do that 10 times a day on my PlayBook. Frustrates the heck out of me.

Posted via CB10
    I've said this in other threads in the past, but the keyboard needs to be rewritten. As of now I believe it's written in Adobe Air. We need that BB10 keyboard! How awesome would that be?!

Also I would like to see the BB10 browser. The PlayBook browser is pretty good, but the native broswer on my Q10 is so damn fast it's crazy. I've yet to use a broswer on any other device that can beat it, and I'm counting everything on the PC too.

Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-17-14 06:57 PM
    I've said this in other threads in the past, but the keyboard needs to be rewritten. As of now I believe it's written in Adobe Air. We need that BB10 keyboard! How awesome would that be?!

Also I would like to see the BB10 browser. The PlayBook browser is pretty good, but the native broswer on my Q10 is so damn fast it's crazy. I've yet to use a broswer on any other device that can beat it, and I'm counting everything on the PC too.

An update to the browser would be welcome, although I find the Origami browser to be a mind blowing experience. I'm very interested in your comment about improving the keyboard to the BB10 style.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 07:43 PM
    An update to the browser would be welcome, although I find the Origami browser to be a mind blowing experience. I'm very interested in your comment about improving the keyboard to the BB10 style.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much, functionality aside, the keyboard is written using a different code than the one on BB10. It's not nearly as good obviously which is shown by the occasional lag and hangs.
    (this goes for the broswer as well by the way)

The functionality of it isn't as good as the one on say, the Z series. But it is pretty good considering the design has been around for about 2 years now. Even if they just rewrote it using native coding and added no features, (which would be silly to add nothing, but an improvement none the less), the performance would be drastically improved.

That's my explanation in a nutshell.

Still love my PlayBook, but there are simple improvements that are already in BlackBerry 10 and could be added.

02-17-14 08:04 PM
    If Jesus can walk on water,
    02-17-14 08:11 PM
    Yep

Via CB10, Brklyn, NY
    02-17-14 08:13 PM
    If Jesus can walk on water,http://www.crazyki.com/10.jpg
    According to some books available he could.

02-17-14 08:14 PM
    Pretty much, functionality aside, the keyboard is written using a different code than the one on BB10. It's not nearly as good obviously which is shown by the occasional lag and hangs.
    (this goes for the broswer as well by the way)

The functionality of it isn't as good as the one on say, the Z series. But it is pretty good considering the design has been around for about 2 years now. Even if they just rewrote it using native coding and added no features, (which would be silly to add nothing, but an improvement none the less), the performance would be drastically improved.

That's my explanation in a nutshell.

Still love my PlayBook, but there are simple improvements that are already in BlackBerry 10 and could be added.

From your comments I assume you are asking for a change to the predictive text and layout on the screen. I have to admit that would make the PlayBook keyboard a very slick experience.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 08:16 PM
    From your comments I assume you are asking for a change to the predictive text and layout on the screen. I have to admit that would make the PlayBook keyboard a very slick experience.

Posted via CB10
    The changes, (I believe), should be layout, the underlying code that the keyboard was written in, and the predictive txt would be better if it were on the frets like the Z series.

As it is now, the predictive txt is very good, but rows of frets and the predictions on there would be better.

02-17-14 08:28 PM
    Understood. The browser is in need of help. I'm using the Origami browser and I can't help wondering why the stock PlayBook browser does not get updated by the BlackBerry people considering how well Origami integrated the use of gestures.

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    02-17-14 08:58 PM
    It's still a good browser. Just need some work done on it and further optimization then the could be faster again.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 using the CB Forums App.
    02-17-14 09:18 PM
    I'll take it!!! I'll take whatever they're pushing to PB right now. Just keep it coming...

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    02-18-14 03:06 AM