View Poll Results: Would you buy a white playbook ?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, lf available

57 37.25%
  • No, thanks, i prefer a 'Normal black playbook'

96 62.75%
    Would you buy a WHITE playbook (for the same price as a normal 'black' playbook) ?

Just for the color comparison. Also: WHY would you buy it ?

Like this one

Click to view quoted image

BlackBerry PlayBook Skins | DecalGirl
    08-11-12 01:08 PM
    The real poll is, would you make passionate love to your PlayBook? I mean... If you were also a PlayBook.
    08-11-12 01:23 PM
    Implemented as shown in the OP, this color change would involve only a $35 screen replacement. Getting it dirty would not be an issue at all, as the white bezel would be entirely protected by the top glass layer. The same could not be said of a white back cover.

Alternate color choices for a replacement screen would definitely be a cool option---especially if you had to replace the screen anyway. I definitely would have chosen a different color if I had had the choice. Reminds me of all those trackball colors available for the old Curves.
    08-11-12 01:40 PM
    I'd buy one if it was black plastic and a metal band like the 9900 Or a Porsche design PB. RIM you hear me?
    08-11-12 02:58 PM
    I'd buy one if it was black plastic and a metal band like the 9900 Or a Porsche design PB. RIM you hear me?
    One with a BIG SILVER 'Blackberry' logo on the back would be awesome
    08-11-12 03:09 PM
    omg Please don't even get me started. I *NEEEEED* a white PlayBook to match my white Galaxy Note. You don't understand how many times a day I go on Google and just look up 'white PlayBook' UGH it pisses me off that I don't have one in my hands. And if they do release one it would probably just be white on the back and not the bezel to match the White Dev Alpha. I would seriously pay $700 dollars for one idc idc idc
    08-11-12 03:30 PM
    omg Please don't even get me started. I *NEEEEED* a white PlayBook to match my white Galaxy Note. You don't understand how many times a day I go on Google and just look up 'white PlayBook' UGH it pisses me off that I don't have one in my hands. And if they do release one it would probably just be white on the back and not the bezel to match the White Dev Alpha. I would seriously pay $700 dollars for one idc idc idc
    On page 2 is a link with special 'foil' that you can stick on top of your touchscreen (it only sits over the bezels). Its available in very nice 'prints' and colors ! Good alternative for you

Edit: Link; http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/BlackBerry-PlayBook-Skins
    08-11-12 04:26 PM
    I think RIM should keep following suit of old mother Russia: "You may have any colour car you want, as long as it is black"
    08-11-12 05:47 PM
    I think RIM should keep following suit of old mother Russia: "You may have any colour car you want, as long as it is black"

You'll find Henry Ford to have said that first

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-11-12 05:50 PM
    You'll find Henry Ford to have said that first

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Ya, I know it is good old Ford-ism re the Model-T around 1910 but I like how it was bent for communist Russia.
    08-11-12 05:55 PM
    Na we're BlackBerry...

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Colors!
    08-11-12 06:06 PM
    If there was a model in rastafarian colours I would get it in a heart beat.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    08-11-12 06:09 PM
    To be honest the white playbook would look very smart I would deffernatly consider buying one
    08-11-12 06:16 PM
    Apple would probably try to sue RIM for coming out with a white Playbook.
    mrpink73 likes this.
    08-11-12 06:22 PM
    I thought the quote belonged to the Ford Model T?
    08-11-12 07:11 PM
    Apple would probably try to sue RIM for coming out with a white Playbook.
    Apple products are over rated. The only reason people think iPhone is holy is because they aren't tech saavy and dont know the meaning of quad core, NFC, Multitasking, bezel, good sound quality, lte, and FREE APPS. People automatically think I have a flip phone if I say I dont have an iPhone UGH
    08-11-12 07:16 PM
    ^ Can't agree with you about sound quality, iTunes is like 256 bit rate (good) but the built in speakers sounds like trying to start a 1950 tractor during winter, under water, with a stick of dynamite. Lol
    08-11-12 07:31 PM
    Red would ah been nice !

The black is the reason why I did not buy tickets to win one of the the 'first ed.' units for some charity event . . . . before I realized "..any colour, as long as it is black" was the offering !
    08-11-12 11:56 PM
    White would make the app gap so much easier to bare...he says with sarcasm dripping from every pore.
    08-12-12 05:44 AM
    I'm really hoping for a white BB10 full touch and a white 4G LTE 64 GB PB.............jus sayin
    08-12-12 09:14 AM
    Why not like rainbow?
    08-12-12 09:20 AM
    Why not like rainbow?
    Or American flag on the back
    08-12-12 09:34 AM
    I like it in black. It looks business-like. Professional. I wouldn't fancy it too much in white.
    Gun metal or brushed metal though? - That would be AWESOME.
    carbon fibre? - God tier.
    Last edited by JRAtk027; 08-12-12 at 04:17 PM.
    BryantCarpio likes this.
    08-12-12 04:13 PM
    The white looks good, I would consider purchasing a two tone but would be too scared to dirty the white. My girlfriend had a white 9780 and the leather backing was filthy when we purchased her a 9900.
    08-12-12 05:05 PM
    I like it in black. It looks business-like. Professional. I wouldn't fancy it too much in white.
    Gun metal or brushed metal though? - That would be AWESOME.
    carbon fibre? - God tier.
    I'll definitely but a Plastic/Rubber case for the playbook is they had one made out of Carbon Fiber !
    08-12-12 06:52 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD