I love the concept of the BB PB, but I dont get what exactly is it for? Only for enterprise? Why not get a tablet with Windows 7 or a Macbook? The reason why I ask is because I am due for an upgrade with Verizon now, and I'm trying to hold out for a Storm3, with QNX, or the PB. But if I use $500 for the PB, I would like to use it as a phone too. It doesn't make sense to have a BB phone, plus a PB if your an average consumer, in my opinion. So does anyone know if you would be able to use it as a phone?

Question about the lag in the PB demos, thus far. Do you guys think it would still be a little bit laggy when it hits the shelves? If so, that is not a good look for RIM. iOS and Android handsets are smooth as butter when switching screens and apps.I think It will be ashamed if the PB duel core still lags
    11-17-10 10:22 PM
    are u sure the "lag" isn't a perceptual issue from watching crappy internet videos of the PB? Reports I've read have said it's very responsive. Relax. You can always opt out of buying one, if it REALLY is laggy when you see it in person. With the dual core 1Ghz processor, I'm expecting it to run decently. and if it really sucks, then I won't buy one.
    11-17-10 10:34 PM
    Its not the videos that are crappy. An It's not much of a "lag", but it isn't as smooth as I anticipated and hoped. I was waiting for a Storm3, but the Storm Refresh rumors scared me, so I looked forward to the PB. I only like BB devices.
    11-17-10 10:39 PM
    Its not the videos that are crappy. An It's not much of a "lag", but it isn't as smooth as I anticipated and hoped. I was waiting for a Storm3, but the Storm Refresh rumors scared me, so I looked forward to the PB. I only like BB devices.
    Nothing beats trying it yourself. I don't see the point in worrying about something not yet released. Nor do I worry about things I can't control.
    11-17-10 10:48 PM
    bear in mind its months from sale, and you`ll realise how much of difference it can make, i tried the beta win7 and the beta ie9 and both were buggy and a little slow, but look at them now, fast as ya like. never never base a choice of a pre-release device. like dave1812 says, getting it in your hand is the real test.
    android tablets run on a phone OS and it isnt the best imho (obviosuly differs between hardware) where the tablet runs its own `developed for this purpose` OS which can only be a good thing.

to answer your OP though, no ya cant use it as a phone, it doesnt have a radio stack, but ya cant use an ipad or half the android tablets (galaxy you can) as a phone either and with all of them you need a seperate data plan to get them going if ya dont have wifi, the playbook is ideal in using the phone connection as you only have one bill per month not two.

again these are really only my opinions, wait for it to come out, wait for the release product to be reviewed and get a go on one then go from there
    IvanAMANation likes this.
    11-17-10 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD