So currently if the PB is Bridged with the BB you can see who is calling and even silence the ring with the PB. With OS2 we are getting A2DP so would it be possible to answer the Phone with the PB over bridge itself?

My use scenario would normally be in my room when my BB is on the charger and I'm in bed playing with the PB. Each time a phone comes I always think how much cooler it would be to answer it with the PB than walk over and get my phone. Yea I'm a bit lazy....
    02-02-12 01:22 PM
    Check this open thread (bottom of Pg 2 right now):

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-calls-693793/

It is something many people, myself included - would love to see. It is however, not something anyone has seen in the dev beta, nor was it demonstrated @ CES.

I would say though, it is technically possible - whether RIM chooses to work on the functionality is another story though. Don't get your hopes up!
    02-02-12 01:26 PM
    Thanks for the link. Didn't know there was a thread on this already.
    02-02-12 01:28 PM
    what about viewing sms on playbook? love bbm but isnt there some sort of app out there for sms ?
    02-02-12 01:30 PM
    Yep - there is an app you can download for this I believe (SMS). Maybe someone can chime in with the name, as it is not something I've used myself.
    02-02-12 01:32 PM
    I hope they allow sending a-gps over bridge, that would definitely give the playbook an edge over other wifi tablets when it comes to apps that require location info.
    02-02-12 04:57 PM
    So currently if the PB is Bridged with the BB you can see who is calling and even silence the ring with the PB. With OS2 we are getting A2DP so would it be possible to answer the Phone with the PB over bridge itself?

My use scenario would normally be in my room when my BB is on the charger and I'm in bed playing with the PB. Each time a phone comes I always think how much cooler it would be to answer it with the PB than walk over and get my phone. Yea I'm a bit lazy....
    could use a bluetooth headset connected to your phone!!!!!
    02-02-12 05:49 PM
    The SMS app is called SMS Bridge. It's available in App World, and works very well!
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-02-12 05:57 PM
    The SMS app is called SMS Bridge. It's available in App World, and works very well!
    looked for this on app world, couldn't find it. can you post a link?
    02-02-12 06:47 PM
    it is an app made for your phone, not the playbook.
    02-02-12 06:51 PM
    aaaahhhhh thanks
    02-02-12 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD