View Poll Results: Would a new Blackberry Tablet with 10.2 sell or flop?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 48.28%
  • No

30 51.72%
    So when the Playbook released, the OS was under cooked and it never gained traction or support from:

1) Developers
    2) or Blackberry

IF Blackberry launched a new tablet again, with 10.2, would it be more successful this time round?

Personal opinion:
    I think no, no it won't be successful whatsoever, which is why Thorsty threw in the towel, although annoyed that BB10 isn't coming, I think even with 10.2 on the Playbook or any new tablet would equate to minimal sales, much like the Z10 has endured, so before they start putting BB10 on any device & supporting them, they'll probably want to ensure the phones/OS is attractive to the current population.

In the mean time Samsung has probably pre-installed Tizen in to their fridges, freezers, tv, microwaves, irons, dvd players, washing machine etc etc so all their devices can & will actually talk to each other ONE day.
    Last edited by mr_zed10; 08-27-13 at 09:30 AM.
    08-24-13 12:59 PM
    I would buy it, nothing like blackberry security and qaulity.

I'm still using a Playbook
    08-24-13 01:01 PM
    That doesn't answer the question though :P

I'd probably buy it too, but I still think it will be a flop...
    Robert Roger likes this.
    08-24-13 01:06 PM
    IF Blackberry launched a new tablet again, with 10.2, would it be more successful this time round?

Possibly for an enterprise niche, provided it had options like a flip physical keyboard or optical keyboard and sufficient power to match a lap top's capability for enterprise software needed by road warriors. THEN it might also be adopted by consumers who are power users like some students, gamers etc.
    08-24-13 01:13 PM
    Sell between us, but eventually flop.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    08-24-13 01:19 PM

Possibly for an enterprise niche, provided it had options like a flip physical keyboard or optical keyboard and sufficient power to match a lap top's capability for enterprise software needed by road warriors. THEN it might also be adopted by consumers who are power users like some students, gamers etc.
    Yes but they will still need apps, so whatever they make, if they cannot support it by apps for the users that you mentioned, then it will be a flop.

Posted via CB10
    Robert Roger likes this.
    08-24-13 01:21 PM
    as long as it isnt called a playbook it might have better success
    08-24-13 01:25 PM
    Likely flop. Everything BBRY makes nowadays flops... I don't know what they can do to turn it around.
    08-24-13 01:32 PM
    I think Blackberry are in agreement with the flop conclusion of tablets, but have decided to go ahead by releasing the new:
    Playbook Mini AKA Z30.
    axllebeer and Robert Roger like this.
    08-24-13 01:45 PM
    A new playbook would flop. Just like Z30 is going to be another flop. But what else is new. Blackberry never listens to what the market tells them anyways.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    08-24-13 03:26 PM
    I think it would flop. Consumer sentiment is just too negative at the moment.

I'd still buy one.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Robert Roger likes this.
    08-24-13 03:40 PM
    I am wondering how is the 9720 going to sell, certainly the price might be appealing, but if you don't respect yourself, none is going to respect you.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 03:47 PM
    I believe it would succeed because BlackBerry 10 os would work amazing on a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    nappp likes this.
    08-24-13 03:48 PM
    I believe it would succeed because BlackBerry 10 os would work amazing on a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    So basically you are saying that it is not working fine on the phones? Or did the playbook not work fine?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 03:50 PM
    Flop.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 03:51 PM
    I really like the PlayBook form and design and features. If they made another that looked and felt very similar, but with better specs, bit lighter, bit thinner, with a slightly improved design (chrome perhaps?), tweaked BB10 UI, and with or without the same name, I think it would sell ok. Not well, but better than the original. More apps would help too. But until the iPad starts dying it'll be a tough go.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:18 PM
    That doesn't answer the question though :P

I'd probably buy it too, but I still think it will be a flop...
    It can flop two years later. This time I will be fine. Make sure BB put an expiry date on it.
    08-24-13 05:46 PM
    Just like the original PlayBook, it would be the superior tablet, with the best OS and hardware, and I would buy one for each member of my family, even though it was at the same price point as the iPad or Surface. But, alas, I would be in the minority because despite its superiority to its competition the masses would buy cheap Android tablets or overpriced iPads. So, it would flop.

Do I want a Blackberry Playbook with 10.2? Yes, desperately. Will I ever see one? Not unless BlackBerry makes BB10 open source and gives it away.
    08-24-13 09:57 PM
    I'm actually in the market for a new PlayBook and would totally buy it. Would it be a success? I think no.

Now, if the PlayBook never existed and they released their 1st tablet now, I think it would do well enough. They could've launched it it the Z10 and the Q10 with proper Bridge and it would've been good. But now it would be rough.

Not only is the PlayBook name too tarnished, but they bombed in the tablet market bad enough that most people won't trust them again.

Keep in mind, I love the PlayBook and am storing up some cash to buy another one, but I'm being realistic here to how the normal population would react.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 08-24-13 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    08-24-13 11:17 PM
    If they did, it would have to sale. That's why TH discontinued the PB because it didn't sale. He needs to know that it'll be a success in the market.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:39 PM
    Then no one would buy the Z30. The main reason PB never saw BB10 was also the same reason. Z30 5 inch screen dual core processor, PlayBook 7 inch screen dual core processor why would people buy Z30 if PB is upgraded to BB10? Also BlackBerry and the word tablet has put them in great shame! The tech world will not believe in BlackBerry easily unless the come out with an innovative tablet which differentiates them from the existing market. Shame Thorsten killed PlayBook.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    08-24-13 11:52 PM
    Flop I reckon

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 05:07 AM
    TH says: no more tablets. Therefore this poll is meaningless.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    08-25-13 05:20 AM
    No there word is not trustworthy and they wonder why people are not buying there products.
    08-25-13 05:39 AM
    TH says: no more tablets. Therefore this poll is meaningless.
    He also said BB10 is coming to the PlayBook, the lesson here is, never believe, ever, and never say never.

Posted via CB10
    Robert Roger likes this.
    08-25-13 05:58 AM
89 123 ...