View Poll Results: Would a new Blackberry Tablet with 10.2 sell or flop?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 48.28%
  • No

30 51.72%
    I learned a hard lesson from dealing with BlackBerry - you can't trust a company's future promises, you can only trust what it has right now.
    In general this is true of tech companies. Future development is a bumpy road. I am quite happy with my Playbook. But if they did want to introduce a new tablet it would only make sense to support the existing installed base rather than start from scratch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330
    El Bori likes this.
    02-07-14 11:02 PM
    Well I'd like my new BlackBerry Powerhorse to work with my BIS, but it won't be backwards compatible so that's a few million sales less including me...
    02-08-14 01:27 AM
    Flop mightily. I think many PB initial users would have the attitude of "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me."

Personally, after the huge anger and let down of the upgrade failure of the original PB, I would never buy another tablet from BB again.
    02-09-14 01:31 PM
    Flop mightily. I think many PB initial users would have the attitude of "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me."

Personally, after the huge anger and let down of the upgrade failure of the original PB, I would never buy another tablet from BB again.
    Feel that way about a car company. But if they put out a 1968 Chevy II Nova SS again I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    02-09-14 02:57 PM
    Is "sell" yes or no, or is "flop" yes or no?

How is one supposed to know which way round it is before answering?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-11-14 11:31 AM
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step..

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 03:36 PM
    Isn't it better they start with the PlayBook, push out popular updates, like Android Runtime, Browser, Bridge. Get the users happy again and then from that base start work on a PlayBook 2.

Posted via CB10
    StLouisMan2 and axllebeer like this.
    02-11-14 03:47 PM
    Isn't it better they start with the PlayBook, push out popular updates, like Android Runtime, Browser, Bridge. Get the users happy again and then from that base start work on a PlayBook 2.

Posted via CB10
    Hey, it's good to see you here from Twitter!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-11-14 04:27 PM
    Thank you. It's time to get this PlayBook rocking again. Just a couple of updates from BlackBerry can't be that difficult. Thanks for your support!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 12:06 AM
    Thank you. It's time to get this PlayBook rocking again. Just a couple of updates from BlackBerry can't be that difficult. Thanks for your support!

Posted via CB10
    Well, you are a really positive, upbeat guy as far as BBPB is concerned anyway. Do you have some kind of "in"? Or are you just an "always hopeful" like the rest of us?
    02-12-14 12:18 AM
    Hi St Louis Man..we meet again! Some of the improvements being talked about in these forums are what BlackBerry should be talking about! We can't do their job for them but I believe The PlayBook was a success in design and software. The marketing was useless (like BB10) and no significant Dev of the software. This doesn't have to be a sunset Device. I'm a PlayBook owner...use the device daily just like the many on here. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 04:01 AM
    BlackBerry need to release a new tablet, but not yet. They need to get two new flagships out, and they need to be selling well before any other tablets are released. Maybe some time in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:01 AM
    Hi St Louis Man..we meet again! Some of the improvements being talked about in these forums are what BlackBerry should be talking about! We can't do their job for them but I believe The PlayBook was a success in design and software. The marketing was useless (like BB10) and no significant Dev of the software. This doesn't have to be a sunset Device. I'm a PlayBook owner...use the device daily just like the many on here. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    Version 1 of the software was not a success. No email, calendar, contacts was considered unacceptable by the masses. For anyone without a BlackBerry phone, I would tend to agree. I owned a BlackBerry and Bridge solved that problem for me.

OS 2.0 and beyond I would agree is a success on its own merits. But the promise from Thor to get BB10 on the PlayBook making the tablet "Future Proof" ruined BlackBerry's reputation even more. Anyone outside of CrackBerry may not even consider another tablet from BlackBerry again. It's sad but likely very true.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Cynycl like this.
    02-12-14 07:45 AM
    Version 1 of the software was not a success. No email, calendar, contacts was considered unacceptable by the masses. For anyone without a BlackBerry phone, I would tend to agree. I owned a BlackBerry and Bridge solved that problem for me.

OS 2.0 and beyond I would agree is a success on its own merits. But the promise from Thor to get BB10 on the PlayBook making the tablet "Future Proof" ruined BlackBerry's reputation even more. Anyone outside of CrackBerry may not even consider another tablet from BlackBerry again. It's sad but likely very true.

Posted via CB10
    There's plenty of folks within Crackberry that wouldn't consider another blackberry tablet
    02-12-14 08:24 AM
89 ... 234