View Poll Results: Would a new Blackberry Tablet with 10.2 sell or flop?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 48.28%
  • No

30 51.72%
    It would flop but not for any reason they think. It would flop because any sane buyer with experience of BB's previous form would take the attitude 'fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me'. Exception would be if a goodwill measure of steep discounts was offered to playbook owners. But I'm not naive enough to believe that would ever happen

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:57 PM
    Another tablet by by other name produced by this company would flop simply because of all the bad will resulting from the whole PlayBook experience. They made great hardware but the customer experience with regard to BlackBerry is absolutely horrid.
    08-27-13 07:48 PM
    OK will it "sell" or "flop"? Possible votes "yes" or "no".

So, which is which?
    Yes it will sell, no it will flop.
    Yes it will flop, no it will sell.

This is they type of poll you set up when you've already determined the answer you want.

I didn't vote.
    08-28-13 04:29 AM
    Microsoft write off a whopping $900million due the failing of the Surface.

Now prepare yourselves for:
    Surface 2 release date, news and rumours | News | TechRadar
    08-28-13 02:28 PM
    I say flop. BlackBerry could release a new PB that cures cancer and it still wouldn't sell. Not enough acceptance of BB10 yet or accuracy och enougj. If this platform can ever gain traction then I think it would do well. Other way is if they made a good enterprise tablet that the market to companies for a mobile computing solution. In the consumer pace thou, timing would not be great IMO

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    08-28-13 02:41 PM
    It would flop as BlackBerry can not organise a launch of anything. They could make it twice as good as an I pad but would still lose money on it

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-13 07:37 AM
    If they can add in TRUE BRIDGE, and have the computing power shared between the tablet and phone just like in the demo, it will stand a chance.
    09-01-13 10:39 AM
    It would deserve. To flop but I still use mine use loads, how about some kind of loyalty type deal! Whether it be a trade/swap and market it properly so my guess is never gonna happen
    09-01-13 11:07 AM
    No. More. Tablets. Thank. You.

Fired from my Z10
    09-01-13 12:09 PM
    I really like the PlayBook form and design and features. If they made another that looked and felt very similar, but with better specs, bit lighter, bit thinner, with a slightly improved design (chrome perhaps?), tweaked BB10 UI, and with or without the same name, I think it would sell ok. Not well, but better than the original. More apps would help too. But until the iPad starts dying it'll be a tough go.

Posted via CB10
    If they do what you say, wouldn't it be just another Android Tablet? Maybe go all the way in that direction then and give it access to Google Play for the applications? I think the big problem is that BlackBerry designed a tablet almost exclusively for Business folks with little flexibility and there just isn't a big enough market there. The Business folks can use a Nexus 7 for their purposes as well as play some games and post their kids pics on Instagram. I'm with ScrapMetal58, but I say go all the way to Android and it'll sell, but not be a big success.
    09-02-13 12:01 PM
    It will flop like a flounder on a deck. But I'll still buy it!! Just so I can start a few threads here
    daveshiz likes this.
    09-02-13 12:05 PM
    Someone from the UK calling himself @PlaybookUnitedK started on Twitter just 2 days ago. Perhaps everyone else knows this but me. He's all about the BlackBerry PlayBook making a return, being revitalized. He Tweets about updating the OS and getting great apps. He says the new head of BlackBerry is going to make this happen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-03-14 09:53 PM
    It's depends on they the introduce the product. Advertising is a. Crucial factor. And we all know BlackBerry does not know how to do this.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:56 PM
    He is definitely hoping so. I'm a follower of his too and he has a lot of motivation and some good ideas, (chatted with him on Channels), we can always hope that Chen does something with the millions of PlayBook out there.

Someone from the UK calling himself @PlaybookUnitedK started on Twitter just 2 days ago. Perhaps everyone else knows this but me. He's all about the BlackBerry PlayBook making a return, being revitalized. He Tweets about updating the OS and getting great apps. He says the new head of BlackBerry is going to make this happen.

02-03-14 10:34 PM
    Currently it will flop!

Still early in the game to get back to tablets!

Unless they develop the X platform dummy tab with a bridge like software for all os's!!

Then it will sell like crazy!

Q10 Powered by 10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 10:52 PM
    He is definitely hoping so. I'm a follower of his too and he has a lot of motivation and some good ideas, (chatted with him on Channels), we can always hope that Chen does something with the millions of PlayBook out there.
    He might help current owners some but if the phone business works out look for a phablet or maybe a new small tablet with enough on the inside to to run Android 4+ and do the required BB stuff. They probably will think of a better name than Playbook 2. With Foxconn on board they should be able to costs under reasonable control. But it won't be sold at giveaway prices.
    02-03-14 11:16 PM
    Is @PlaybookUnitedK in a position to get anything done with his motivation? Does he have any influence to go with his good ideas? Or is he someone like me who is just hoping his Playbook will become more than an expensive paper weight?
    02-03-14 11:17 PM
    What a difference a few months make. I think with seemless integration with Amazon AppStore to install android apps that 10.2 offers, a new BBRY tab would be a commercial success. Most people would not bother with sideloading. However, everyone that I've shown the current PB OS 2.1 gesture based OS to, love it...But no apps...So the key is to sell the OS to the masses.
    02-04-14 09:00 AM
    Is @PlaybookUnitedK in a position to get anything done with his motivation? Does he have any influence to go with his good ideas? Or is he someone like me who is just hoping his Playbook will become more than an expensive paper weight?

Pretty sure he is just an enthusiast.
    Pure speculation on my part.
    02-04-14 09:24 AM
    I couldn't agree more on the point of calling it the PlayBook 2. Bad idea. I love my Playbook, but I'm I'm he minority and I realize that.

Posted from my BlackBerry PlayBook �. Yeah, really.

He might help current owners some but if the phone business works out look for a phablet or maybe a new small tablet with enough on the inside to to run Android 4+ and do the required BB stuff. They probably will think of a better name than Playbook 2. With Foxconn on board they should be able to costs under reasonable control. But it won't be sold at giveaway prices.
    02-04-14 08:34 PM
    The cheapest, easiest way for Blackberry to re enter the tablet market is to release 10 on the existing installed userbase of Playbooks. Developing and launching new hardware is a huge expense. Doing it from an installed base of zero with hard feelings among the very people who would be first in line to buy a second generation device is not the way to go. They may still fail if they release a secoond gen tablet...but abandoning the first gen device entirely is not the way to get started.

As far as naming the thing, I'm not sure why it bore the name "playbook" when "workbook" would have been a much more logical choice for an enterprise oriented company.
    02-04-14 08:54 PM
    I would buy a bb10 tablet for sure, but right now BlackBerry has other priorities. a "lite BB10 update" would be awesome for existing PlayBooks, updating flash, browser, keyboard and android runtime and no hub for it only has 1gb ram. I think it could be possible..

channel C000F331C- my Z30 rocks!
    axllebeer likes this.
    02-04-14 09:00 PM
    I would buy a bb10 tablet for sure, but right now BlackBerry has other priorities. a "lite BB10 update" would be awesome for existing PlayBooks, updating flash, browser, keyboard and android runtime and no hub for it only has 1gb ram. I think it could be possible..

channel C000F331C- my Z30 rocks!
    Yes. Just let us run BB10 apps and update the Android Runtime time. That's all I want. That way those apps that won't work on my Q10 I can have on my Playbook.
    02-04-14 09:05 PM
    BlackBerry abandoned the PlayBook almost a year ago, so there's no reason left for them to dig up some creaky BB10 Alpha release and polish it up for release on PB. They're having a hard enough time selling new BB10 phones without having to support older devices.

I learned a hard lesson from dealing with BlackBerry - you can't trust a company's future promises, you can only trust what it has right now.
    02-05-14 09:36 PM
    BlackBerry abandoned the PlayBook almost a year ago...
    @PlaybookUnitedK told me on Twitter that he was a Follower of CrackBerry Forums and could find no evidence there (here) that that was true. Yet I knew that BlackBerry had dropped the PlayBook like you said; I just couldn't find a quote to support my recollection. Thank you.

02-06-14 03:37 PM
89 1234