View Poll Results: Would a new Blackberry Tablet with 10.2 sell or flop?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 48.28%
  • No

30 51.72%
    Then no one would buy the Z30. The main reason PB never saw BB10 was also the same reason. Z30 5 inch screen dual core processor, PlayBook 7 inch screen dual core processor why would people buy Z30 if PB is upgraded to BB10?
    Your argument sounds logical but Samsung is doing exactly the same thing with the 7" tablets and Galaxy Note phone.
    08-25-13 09:59 AM
    Flop. I won't trust them with a tablet again.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 10:07 AM
    Sure FLOP! But there will be no flop since there will be no PB follow up.
    08-25-13 10:39 AM
    OF course it would flop, no matter how good it was. Tablets are all about apps. It's as simple as that. Add in BB's now well-known attention to customer service, and where's the market? Anyway, it's not like the world is beating a path to BB10.2. BB is headed for the glue factory.
    08-25-13 05:18 PM

IF Blackberry launched a new tablet again, with 10.2, would it be more successful this time round?
    _IF_ Blackberry were to release an updated, upgraded tablet, I would have to assume they would have learned their lessons from the Playbook, and would actually commit to supporting it. But since I cannot trust BB to do right by a new device of this kind, I would assume the effort would flop. To be more realistic, I can't see BB _ever_ trying to market a tablet again, so the whole question is moot.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-25-13 05:24 PM
    Flop. I wouldn't by another tablet from them till they had some sales success with it and stood behind it. BlackBerry Killed off any future tablets for some time with their mishandling of the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 06:50 PM
    I don't have any tablet yet. So I would buy a PlayBook if it is on BB10 OS !!! I'm waiting

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 06:54 PM
    In my business and personally, I don't do business with disreputable companies. After BB repeatedly and frequently LIED about rolling out 10 for the Playbook and I made a purchase based on their word, they are off my reliable vendor list and not to be considered again. I still use the Playbook and have Blackberry phones, but when those are replaced it won't be with Blackberry. Even if they did release 10 for Playbook now, I would be reluctant to deem them reliable again for business use. The next time they say they will release something in 6 months WHO will believe them? How could anyone ever believe ANYTHING they say again? I don't care if they have 12 cores @12 Ghz and a 12,000 X 8000 display in their next product.... I'm done with Blackberry... Blackberry lies....

I'm done "waiting for Godot", and 10, and Skype, and.......
    FF22, imz and anon(4044683) like this.
    08-25-13 06:57 PM
    They were stupid to cut off their installed base of Playbooks and not include them in the 10 family. It might have made the difference in the momentum of BB10.... Yeah, I will never trust them again that's for sure!! (or buy another BB product) Next weekend I'm getting a new Android phone, my first non BB since I got a Pearl.... BYE BYE BB, YOU LIE!
    FF22, anon(4044683) and imz like this.
    08-25-13 07:10 PM
    Ii wouldn't mind a 10" tablet. I will not purchase an iWhatever and to me, the jury is still out on the Android. I use my PB everyday and would whole heartily purchase another BB tablet is one was offered for sell. Whether or not it is a flop, who knows. All I know is I would purchase one.

I've started down the ecosystem of BB and would like to stay. As my nephew told me, he has too much Apple stuff to change to a BB phone. I'm getting the other way.
    Last edited by PowderJockey; 08-25-13 at 07:40 PM.
    08-25-13 07:24 PM
    I don't know what they can do to turn it around.
    08-25-13 07:28 PM
    They should call it bookplay maybe then they can convince ppl it will be able to play many games and apps.

If they do so convince ppl, then it will succeed in selling a bogus device again.

If not then it will flop.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 09:15 AM
    I think if made and marketed correctly it could succeed I would buy one
    08-26-13 09:19 AM
    Now I want a android nexus 7 and soon I will buy one the newest one once the quriks are worked out of it or I may just get the gen below it 4.2 OS is fine for me.

For a couple of hundred bucks that's not bad, but soon many places will have a sale on them and I will get one for maybe 179.00

I want my Google play apps back that I miss from having my Galaxy S3 Phone.

Would I buy a new 10.2 tablet from BlackBerry..... nope and nope and nope, I said it already they lied about bb10 coming to the older playbooks, which my playbook is a LTE model made in Oct 2012 which is not that old... BlackBerry can kiss my royal black azz.

I will never buy BlackBerry again.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 09:21 AM
    Flop, of course.
    08-26-13 09:25 AM
    Now I want a android nexus 7 and soon I will buy one the newest one once the quriks are worked out of it or I may just get the gen below it 4.2 OS is fine for me.

For a couple of hundred bucks that's not bad, but soon many places will have a sale on them and I will get one for maybe 179.00

I want my Google play apps back that I miss from having my Galaxy S3 Phone.

Would I buy a new 10.2 tablet from BlackBerry..... nope and nope and nope, I said it already they lied about bb10 coming to the older playbooks, which my playbook is a LTE model made in Oct 2012 which is not that old... BlackBerry can kiss my royal black azz.

I will never buy BlackBerry again.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent point to counter all those who suggest that the PB is old technology and that bb should not waste resources on it. The LTE model is not antiquated and relatively new. It is just that Rim (they are unchanged other than in name) has washed its hands and does not want to deal with any pb issues. A complete failure in customer relations. A loss of good will that will be hard to overcome.
    kbz1960, ubeda92 and imz like this.
    08-26-13 11:56 AM
    LOL so is yes it will sell or yes it will flop, visa versa?

I'll just say the phones aren't selling that well so I don't think a tablet would either.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-26-13 12:16 PM
    abcdefghijklmnop. . . .
    08-26-13 04:05 PM
    Excellent point to counter all those who suggest that the PB is old technology and that bb should not waste resources on it. The LTE model is not antiquated and relatively new. It is just that Rim (they are unchanged other than in name) has washed its hands and does not want to deal with any pb issues. A complete failure in customer relations. A loss of good will that will be hard to overcome.
    Ditto to the above.

Probably the least consumer-friendly company that has had significant market share in the computing world over a significant amount of time (that I've encountered and IMSHEO) is Microsoft.

And (based on my observations) even Microsoft hasn't abused its customers on one standalone basis as badly as RIM/Blackberry abused its 4G LTE Playbook and 3G Playbook customers who bought those products in mid to late 2012, going forward.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-26-13 04:08 PM
    OK will it "sell" or "flop"? Possible votes "yes" or "no".

So, which is which?
    Angus_CB likes this.
    08-27-13 09:13 AM
    I'm sure it would be a monumental sucess like the first playbook and all the products that have followed.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-27-13 09:18 AM
    Assumed the "sell" option (so "no" = flop)

I really think that any tablet BBRY would put out would likely be a flop. People are far too entrenched in the Android/iOS tablet ecosystem. Plus, I have a Playbook and use it daily, but I would not buy another tablet that BBRY would put out. Hardware is good, but the support for the item is horrid. Personally, I'd probably look to a Nexus, but as I plan to use my PB for the foreseeable future, I'm not going to say what I'd use next.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-27-13 09:21 AM
    Assumed the "sell" option (so "no" = flop)

I really think that any tablet BBRY would put out would likely be a flop. People are far too entrenched in the Android/iOS tablet ecosystem. Plus, I have a Playbook and use it daily, but I would not buy another tablet that BBRY would put out. Hardware is good, but the support for the item is horrid. Personally, I'd probably look to a Nexus, but as I plan to use my PB for the foreseeable future, I'm not going to say what I'd use next.
    Yup for support. We went from:

"we will update regularly... to a module to allow small upgrades... to well, we have changed and it will be 6 months to upgrade to OS2.... to a few more upgrades.... to we will give you ALL BB10..... to ABANDONED your platform as we have no time, talent or patience to upgrade it anymore.........." And in there somewhere was the powerful inclusion of an Airplane Icon and Airplane Mode - wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-27-13 10:33 AM
    You'd think consumers would be the least annoyed in comparison to businesses and governments.

I remember reading the UK police force issued Playbooks, there were cruisers in Canada, Gus Design Group and many others who bought in bulk, after taking a sting that large I cannot see them buying into the new handsets, never mind another tablet.

People say it's not all doom and gloom but when BlackBerry do stuff like the above, how can it not be?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    08-27-13 02:05 PM
    You'd think consumers would be the least annoyed in comparison to businesses and governments.

I remember reading the UK police force issued Playbooks, there were cruisers in Canada, Gus Design Group and many others who bought in bulk, after taking a sting that large I cannot see them buying into the new handsets, never mind another tablet.

People say it's not all doom and gloom but when BlackBerry do stuff like the above, how can it not be?

Posted via CB10
    I feel sorry sometimes for those that talked companies and organizations into buying the pb's, now they are not so much trustworthy in some eyes, I was one of them, actually, if BlackBerry continued to support the Pb with the current OS it would still good.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    08-27-13 02:43 PM
89 1234