If the upgrades on this list from n4b.com are correct, I'll be one super happy camper. In regards to the Playbook..

"We knew a big update for the PlayBook’s OS was right around the corner. All signs, rumors, and even RIM pointed to native e-mail, BBM, and more this summer. However, we learned at yesterday’s earnings call that the ‘big update’ has been pushed back to October/November (sometime after DevCon). We were given a few glimpses of features in PlayBook OS 2.0 with a few leaked screenshots. However, not all features have yet been revealed. Here is a breakdown of what we already know and a few new features we’ve been told will be available with PlayBook OS 2.0:

BBM on PlayBook (attached to PlayBook’s PIN)

Native E-mail client

Extended Android app player (not a sandboxed variation!)

BES support (not integrated, separate software and will utilize ActiveSync)

Use BlackBerry smartphone as a remote control on the PlayBook (mouse, pointer for powerpoints, etc.) I hope we can use the trackpad AND the keyboards on our phones! It'll be so cool to connect the PB to my TV, online , and control it via a BB Bold, while sitting on my couch

PlayBook administration service support

Loads of bug fixes" ... - N4BB.com

That will be all cool. Just to add, we need Profiles, Widgest, AD2P, and make our own folders on the home screen
    Last edited by IvanAMANation; 09-17-11 at 11:02 AM.
    09-17-11 10:57 AM
    Using the trackpad would be nice, but the touchscreen for the BBs that have it would be far nicer...

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some more information leaks in the coming weeks...
    09-17-11 11:06 AM
    Touchscreen BB's - would be nicer.

I agree, I can't wait either. I want them to show innovation and BOLDNESS. Pun intended.
    09-17-11 11:14 AM
    Use BlackBerry smartphone as a remote control on the PlayBook (mouse, pointer for powerpoints, etc.) I hope we can use the trackpad AND the keyboards on our phones! It'll be so cool to connect the PB to my TV, online , and control it via a BB Bold, while sitting on my couch
    Is this a confirmed feature of v2.0?

I've been wishing for this since I got my playbook on day 1. I really hope that both the track pad and the keypad are enabled as you mentioned. Adding that feature would instantly turn my pb into my go to media server.
    10-03-11 01:54 AM
    I'm a 3 day PB owner and I'm lovin' it. Size is just right for me to carry it daily, useful for me, not much apps but just right. Waiting patiently for OS 2.
    10-03-11 03:30 AM
    I love using my PlayBook to catch up on CrackBerry videos on the TV, but at the moment I have to play the video, then get up after to play the next video... I'm way too spoiled, so bring on the controlling with my 9900!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 10:27 AM
    Just wait for DLNA ... and you won't have to plug your Playbook anyhow ... then, remote it with your phone may be just kinda gadget ... moreover when you can (already) use BT keyboard and mouse.

So my real hope is DLNA, that is supposed to be embedded with the video-on-demand service ...
    10-03-11 10:32 AM
    If POS.20 comes out with these features and more, then you should expect the Playbook to go back to its original pricing. If the pricing is still running discounted, then you should ask yourself "Why?"

If this does not have A2DP and USB OTG, then it will continue to be a niche item.
    10-03-11 10:37 AM
    I got my playbook for free (as a developer), but I haven't done any further development because the SDK is very limited. I hope RIM will release the official NDK at devcon with all new APIs so third party developers can built better apps.
    10-03-11 10:56 AM
    Just wait for DLNA ... and you won't have to plug your Playbook anyhow ... then, remote it with your phone may be just kinda gadget ... moreover when you can (already) use BT keyboard and mouse.
    So my real hope is DLNA, that is supposed to be embedded with the video-on-demand service ...
    Yes DLNA would have been very nice and berry review did report that Mike told them we would get DLNA for playbook.
    But sorry to say that there will be no DLNA in the pb. It was more of a selling point that never materialized like the below:
    http://cdn.digitaltrends.com/wp-cont...erryreview.jpg
    10-03-11 11:14 AM
    Yes DLNA would have been very nice and berry review did report that Mike told them we would get DLNA for playbook.
    But sorry to say that there will be no DLNA in the pb. It was more of a selling point that never materialized like the below:
    http://cdn.digitaltrends.com/wp-cont...erryreview.jpg
    Is there any specific info that makes you think so ?
    I've read many times that DLNA and DRM certifications will be (by 'obligation') ported to PB simultaneously with the VideoStore. DLNA (at least the receiver) is not that hard to implement, is it ?
    10-03-11 11:22 AM
    If POS.20 comes out with these features and more, then you should expect the Playbook to go back to its original pricing. If the pricing is still running discounted, then you should ask yourself "Why?"

If this does not have A2DP and USB OTG, then it will continue to be a niche item.
    The pricing will still be discounted because all the makers of 7" tablets will be trying to compete with the Kindle Fire even though the Fire isn't a full tablet. We've seen the HTC Flyer come down from their $499 perch as well.

I agree on the A2DP and USB OTG. My dad recently had to get his Pandigital Novel replaced due to a cracked screen and they gave him the upgraded version of the Nova. I was helping him set it up and went through the manual and was shocked that it had HDMI out and USB OTG. So, if a $179 e-reader/tablet can have USB OTG then the PB better get it too.
    Last edited by TBone4eva; 10-03-11 at 01:03 PM.
    10-03-11 12:59 PM
    Is there any specific info that makes you think so ?
    I've read many times that DLNA and DRM certifications will be (by 'obligation') ported to PB simultaneously with the VideoStore. DLNA (at least the receiver) is not that hard to implement, is it ?
    This is the response from late September: (after I posed the question in the forum here )

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-news-651069/

Thank you for your interest in DLNA. It is up to member companies to implement DLNA in their specific products. Research in Motion, the makers or Playbook, are members of the DLNA organization but have not yet certified any Blackberry products. You can contact them directly if you have any questions or concerns about their specific product(s)
    Best Regards,
    DLNA Certification Administration

I bought the playbook thinking it will be DLNA certified based on RIM announcement and advertising. Unfortunately this was another mistake in understanding 'RIM talk'.
    10-03-11 02:07 PM
    Is this a confirmed feature of v2.0?

I've been wishing for this since I got my playbook on day 1. I really hope that both the track pad and the keypad are enabled as you mentioned. Adding that feature would instantly turn my pb into my go to media server.
    This and several little icons like it are currently embedded in the available Blackberry Bridge 1.0.6.5. It is transparent but I put a black background on it so you can see it.

Like BBM originally being on the PlayBook before it was "unlocked" through the bridge, I think this is the other way around. It looks like another icon will show up on your Blackberry phone when unlocked because it's stored similarly to the actual Blackberry Bridge icon.
    10-03-11 06:28 PM
    Having a bbm within PB means that we're gonna have two different lists? I prefer if RIM fix the bbm when it's bridged with pb. less lag and categories/groups support.
    10-03-11 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD