Hi

I'm wanting a full-sized, or maybe slightly smaller, bluetooth keyboard to use with Playbook. I've searched the forums but didn't come up with as much as I thought I would, hence posting now.

I have found posts mentioning Logitech Tablet Keyboard for iPad, MS Wedge Mobile keyboard and HP TouchPad keyboard and, according to the posts, will work. However, the MS and Logitech keyboards are quite expensive; the HP TouchPad kb being a bit more reasonable.

Can anyone recommend any other larger/full-sized BT keyboards that are known to work with the Playbook, please (other than the Blackberry mini-keyboard)?

Would ANY bluetooth keyboard work???

Thanks for any help or advice

Cheers
    02-04-13 03:42 PM
    The ones made by Apple for the iMacs and other desktops work, as well as the HP keyboard for their discontinued tablet. Other keyboards are hit and miss, especially cheap ones.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-04-13 04:04 PM
    Yupz! a bluetooth keyboard really works I'm using one now with my playbook. I bought it at MiniSuit, actually it's a keyboard with a Stand that's why i liked it so much because it's really convenient and it maximized the usability of my playbook. You may want to try it, I think they still offer free shipping and 2 months warranty.
    mpetrol likes this.
    02-05-13 12:30 AM
    Yupz! a bluetooth keyboard really works I'm using one now with my playbook. I bought it at MiniSuit, actually it's a keyboard with a Stand that's why i liked it so much because it's really convenient and it maximized the usability of my playbook. You may want to try it, I think they still offer free shipping and 2 months warranty.
    Umm, sounds good but ... you didn't say which keyboard you were using
    Maybe you could let us know? Please?
    Thanks
    02-05-13 04:18 AM
    I have a Rocketfish BT keyboard (random key generated, follow with enter) and mouse (0000) both pair up and work fine. The keyboard can lag a bit if left idle but otherwise A-OK.
    Rocketfish was bought out by BestBuy so look there.
    02-05-13 12:11 PM
    I have a Rocketfish BT keyboard (random key generated, follow with enter) and mouse (0000) both pair up and work fine. The keyboard can lag a bit if left idle but otherwise A-OK.
    Rocketfish was bought out by BestBuy so look there.
    Thanks, Boight, but I'm in UK! However, I did find this keyboard on Amazon uk and certainly worth looking into. I was hoping for a full sized keyboard so wonder if this might be a little bit too small. Certainly, it looks a nice little keyboard and, of course, good to know it's compatible.

Thanks to all others who have contributed suggestions and confirmation regarding which keyboards work with the Playbook. I'll be thinking hard as to what to get!

Thanks again to you all
    Cheers
    02-05-13 05:37 PM
    At work someone threw out a Dell full-sized PC type Bluetooth keyboard due to corrosion on its AA battery contacts. A few moments cleaning restored it to operation. It works *great* with my PlayBook. I often use the two together with my Android phone tethered to get Web access fast and easy for email, etc.

While I've not seen this keyboard for sale anywhere (Dell model Y-RAQ-DEL2), I suspect the PlayBook would work equally well with any other. Logitech sells a full-sized keyboard and mouse combination which would likely serve you well.

Do note that the function keys, any added multimedia and such keys and so on almost certainly *won't* do anything with your PlayBook. But for fast and accurate text entry and editing, having one can't be beat.
    02-05-13 07:26 PM
    Thanks, Boight, but I'm in UK! However, I did find this keyboard on Amazon uk and certainly worth looking into. I was hoping for a full sized keyboard so wonder if this might be a little bit too small.
    Darn, must have found the wrong one. Here's a link to a newer but similar version.
    Rocketfish Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse - Black - RF-BTCMBO2 | Rocketfish
    02-06-13 02:23 PM
    good to know. Been meaning to grab one myself. Thanks.
    02-06-13 09:42 PM
    I have used my MS wireless entertainment desktop 7000 keyboard with it no problems et all. I believe I even got a mouse pointer because of the trackpad kind of thing on the keyboard. I was realy shocked playbook OS had support for mouse build in. Anyway worked great!
    02-07-13 05:24 AM