Hey, I'm a new owner of a Playbook, and I was wondering:

To those who already installed OS2, is it worth the wait? Has OS2 fulfilled your expectations and made the playbook a (more) serious tablet? Does the android app player work? Any shortcomings in your opinion?

Thanks!
    02-04-12 02:07 AM
    The OS2 that we are all (apart from RIM employees) is a development beta and has all of the key new stuff like native PIM and mail etc missing... Android player is in it and works reasonably well, although the multitasking (if you want to call it that) could be better.
    02-04-12 02:58 AM
    Hey, I'm a new owner of a Playbook, and I was wondering:
    To those who already installed OS2, is it worth the wait? Has OS2 fulfilled your expectations and made the playbook a (more) serious tablet? Does the android app player work? Any shortcomings in your opinion?
    Thanks!
    What some of us have installed is the latest dev beta, specifically made for developers testing purposes.
    Since we found a lot of improvements (performances, functionalities) it's far from being what official 2.0 will be. If your PB is still in its birthday suit, discover & enjoy the existing and be a little patient. The gap between 1.0.8xx and official 2.0 will take you to the moon , really.
    DD1968 likes this.
    02-04-12 03:27 AM
    If your PB is still in its birthday suit, discover & enjoy the existing and be a little patient. The gap between 1.0.8xx and official 2.0 will take you to the moon , really.
    Excellent advice
    02-04-12 03:56 AM
    Just a quick question on OS 2.0.

Would the calendar data on my 9900 sync w/ the PBs native calendar? and vice versa?

Thanks in advance.
    02-04-12 04:08 AM
    Just a quick question on OS 2.0.
    Would the calendar data on my 9900 sync w/ the PBs native calendar? and vice versa?
    Thanks in advance.
    So far I know, OS2 will combine both "native" and "bridged" applications in an unified environments. For instance, you will setup your PIM with personal email accounts, while emails on your (BB) phone will automatically be pushed into the "native" email app.
    It is highly probable that contacts and agenda will do the same.
    Yet, we can't be sure.
    02-04-12 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD