thanks for the reply Johberry! if the device was locked, I wonder how we got the first update?? I will definitely keep that code until I get my sim card -- I only ordered the Bell sim to receive OTA updates though lol.

I'm looking to get a screen protector too -- I'm still typing wit the plastic screen cover on until I get one haha. If you find a good one, post a link and ill take a look too.....THANK YOU SO MUCH for the file manager tip -- it worked to perfection and now I can play media from my 32g sd card in my phone lol
    Johberry likes this.
    03-26-14 12:28 AM
    If you want a more powerful file manager other than the stock one, either get Ghost Commander (Android app, also allows you to access the Android Player settings...but if you know what you're doing) or buy Files and Folders from Innovatology.
    geekl33tgamer and ZayDub like this.
    03-26-14 05:11 AM
    Hi Geek, I'm curious, are you listening to music on the PB via bluetooth on your cell phone? I thought I would be able to access my sd card on my phone via bridge, but I don't seem to have the option...I only have sms and bbm options.... thanks
    Hey, I do have access to music files on the Z10 via Bridge. You access the files via File Manager - where you'll see your phone and PlayBook shown:

Is it worth buying one?-img_20140326_101829.jpg

If you see that bridge is locked, as mine says - don't worry. This happens if you have encryption enabled on the Z and the session expired after you last used it (1 hour). Tap the phone name and move on. Then see the screens below in sequence and you can see I'm navigating my phones SD card:

Is it worth buying one?-img_20140326_101905.jpg
    Is it worth buying one?-img_20140326_101920.jpg
    Is it worth buying one?-img_20140326_101935.jpg

You can stream music and most video, access any documents or files too right off the phone to the PB. It also works for the phones internal storage. Others suggested Ghost Commander - It's useful once you work out how to use it, so I also recommend that.

The native PB music and video apps won't catalogue media found on your phone. However, for music only, Neutron Player (3.50 GBP!) is pricey but can access the music remotely. It also sounds much nicer on the ears too, thanks to its fancy DSP and Equaliser.

Hope this helps... :-)

The power of 10: CB10, Z10. BBM 2B80D5C2.
    ZayDub likes this.
    03-26-14 05:29 AM
    I too enjoyed our little journey. All the advice given on here really helped. I hope Geek responds to your question.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks to the time difference between me and you, it was figured out before I was even awake! Skip over what was posted above! ;-)

So glad you are both happy with them though, and finding my very honest pros and cons of the PB useful. Someone earlier up (may have been you) mentioned about the updates for PB.

Unlike the phones, the updates on all PB come directly from BlackBerry - should we get anymore (one more minor version was discovered last week). It should be released soon, and is suspect is minor security updates and possibly a patch to bridge on the PB side.

Johberry likes this.
    03-26-14 05:37 AM
    Thanks for the reply Geek! I'm hoping BB10 comes to the PB lol (anything is possible right?) haha. Seriously, I definitely think the android runtime should be updated at a minimum so BB10 owners can have similar app access on both devices, and then possibly the BB10 browser....other than that I am most certainly a happy camper! As Johberry said earlier, thanks for your thorough review. It helped aid in my purchase decision as well.

Thank you Fox for the recommendations for the file/music access! Much appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 08:04 AM
    Hey guys, is it me or are the Playlists one has created on a BB10 phone not compatible with Playbook when using Bridge? I was going crazy trying to find my music playlists! Best.
    03-26-14 11:03 AM
    Hey guys, is it me or are the Playlists one has created on a BB10 phone not compatible with Playbook when using Bridge? I was going crazy trying to find my music playlists! Best.
    By design, they won't work. If you look at the play list file as a text document on a pc/mac, it's a list of absolute paths to the media files. They make sense to your phone because the files are in the places expected - on the PlayBook Bridge, the file location is different.

If a file was in root/sdcard/user/music, the PlayBook would see it as devsda/rim_z10stl1002/root/sdcard/user/music for example. So your PlayBook won't see them files because it will take the first path I posted, as it is in the file and go and look on your PlayBook Storage area for them.

(these paths are not 100% correct, but you get the idea.)

Make sense? Programs like Neutron overcome this if you set up its network share mode. Point it to the bridge connection folder for your phone, it will read the list and dynamically change the file paths within. On the PlayBook side only, which is great so you don't break your phone lists.

You can always be left with using your pc to make or edit the play list file as a copy for use on PlayBook only? I could get a guide up for both, seeing as I've been there myself? ;-)

Johberry likes this.
    03-26-14 01:35 PM
    Oh my goodness, that sounds intense. Please do with the instructions. I hardly understand all that file business, lol. Thanks again.
    03-26-14 02:42 PM
    Oh my goodness, that sounds intense. Please do with the instructions. I hardly understand all that file business, lol. Thanks again.
    Edit (27/3/14): YouTube upload failed overnight, I'll try again. The link below doesn't work right now. :-/

Made this, check it in about an hour or so as it's still uploading:

It's nearly 2AM and I'm hitting the sack! ;-)

Last edited by geekl33tgamer; 03-27-14 at 05:26 AM.
    Johberry likes this.
    03-26-14 08:41 PM
    So I should create Playlists via Neutron when my PB is bridged to my phone. Would I need Neutron on my phone as well? Sorry for all the questions, the youtube vid is unavailable. Thanks for the effort to begin with, Geek!
    03-28-14 12:59 AM
    Cool Bro! I'm about to get my PlayBook LTE this week . This will be my second PB as my first was a 16GB Wifi.

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2228 | Globe PH
    Are you thinking of selling your 16gb model? Please? Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 05:25 AM
    You don't want that =)) it has been to the repair shop already. I have no intention of selling my PlayBooks knowing nobody is going to buy them =))

Oh yeah, as promised.

Is it worth buying one?-img_20140327_220310_edit.jpg

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2228 | Globe PH
    ZayDub likes this.
    03-28-14 06:20 AM
    I just got a second one weeks ago and its the best thing for me playing games and watching my videos and movies everywhere ,
    I love the screen quality and overall easy to use , I tried apple product like the Ipad but I hate it for so many reason , Playbook is the only tablet I feel its made for me
    03-28-14 07:06 PM
    Loving my PB so far, it's everything I had expected and meets my needs. The only thing I have found a bit annoying is reading PDF files. My professors upload lectures and when I go to open a file, it prompts me to save and says it will open when download. I wait and wait and nothing gets saved. Do any of you find run into this issue?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:37 PM
    Loving my PB so far, it's everything I had expected and meets my needs. The only thing I have found a bit annoying is reading PDF files. My professors upload lectures and when I go to open a file, it prompts me to save and says it will open when download. I wait and wait and nothing gets saved. Do any of you find run into this issue?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what your problem is. Presume your Professors are uploading to a cloud of some kind. If you access that cloud and try to download what file format is it being downloaded in? If it is.as a pdf file the native Adobe may not handle it well. Get Pdf Reader ($0.99 inUS). Tap "open" and then "downloads" and see if you find it there.
    Johberry likes this.
    03-29-14 12:10 AM
    I want one so badly.
    Amazon won't ship the LTE version to Canada. I could have it shipped to the border using one of those holding services, but I won't be going over any time soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:36 AM
    I want one so badly.
    Amazon won't ship the LTE version to Canada. I could have it shipped to the border using one of those holding services, but I won't be going over any time soon.

Posted via CB10
    That is so ridiculous because the seller is IN Canada. You should try emaiIing the seller or perhaps ebay. If you go to the Marketplace here at the forums, you're bound to find someone who is selling their Playbook...if you don't mind a used one. Best.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 01:35 AM
    I agree completely with Johberry. It's ridiculous if the won't ship to, or within Canada, since the seller is IN Canada! Smh lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005MF...UvbUpU10180748

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    03-29-14 09:54 AM
    Agreed, it's ridiculous. I have thought about a used device, but I really want a brand new one.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    03-29-14 03:54 PM
    I love this tablet. No other tablet out there has managed to capture my attention. Just quality and very well executed device. However, I would have told you to keep looking if there was no updates to follow but it seems there is an update due really soon and that makes it a steal of a deal. One feature that's really nice is the printtogo software that complements the tablet.
    There is a thread concerning our dear PlayBook which concerns itself with updating and upgrading even this middle aged device.
    I say middle aged because some are determined to call it old and though the device wasn't fully completed but I will give it a rating better than anything that's been, including the latest and I can only imagine the worry that would be on the faces on the competitors that this middle aged device could give.

jtvberry
    11-26-14 06:26 PM
    Agreed, it's ridiculous. I have thought about a used device, but I really want a brand new one.

Posted via CB10
    Does it need to be LTE? I can send my 32gb to Canada. Condition wise it is like brand new.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 07:13 AM
    Why are we digging up the dead?
    11-27-14 07:20 AM
72 123