I've a Galaxy y that is fairly good enough, but i don't love it either.
    Internet(2G only) speed is a not so big concern for me.
    I want to use my PB to the fullest, will Curve 8520 fill the gap? Will I be able to use all the anticipated present and soon to come features of BB Bridge with curve? Please clear all the pros and cons that you feel i'd face by leaving an android for a BB.
    And yes I do not have a budget at present to buy any other costlier BB phone.
    01-22-12 11:27 AM
    well before i get my 9860 y was on curve 8520 and it works good with pb, when i changed it, i saw more speed on internet by bridge but it is because curve its edge and 9860 is 3g +++
    01-22-12 12:16 PM
    I've a Galaxy y that is fairly good enough, but i don't love it either.
    Internet(2G only) speed is a not so big concern for me.
    I want to use my PB to the fullest, will Curve 8520 fill the gap? Will I be able to use all the anticipated present and soon to come features of BB Bridge with curve? Please clear all the pros and cons that you feel i'd face by leaving an android for a BB.
    And yes I do not have a budget at present to buy any other costlier BB phone.
    It all depends on what your "gap" is. I had a 9330 Curve that wasn't that much different than the 8530 which I also had. I upgraded to a Torch because I wanted hotspot real bad and that you can only get with OS7. A 8520 you'll should be able to upgrade to OS6 but no higher. It is a capable BB, don't get me wrong. So again, it all depends on your needs. As far as what OS will be compatible with the PB 2.0 upcoming features such as remote control, not sure but that's a good question.
    01-22-12 01:12 PM
    A 8520 you'll should be able to upgrade to OS6 but no higher..
    The 8520 is only capable of running OS5. However, OS5 meets the minimum requirements to use bridge.
    jafobabe and VishRS like this.
    01-22-12 02:03 PM
    It all depends on what your "gap" is. I had a 9330 Curve that wasn't that much different than the 8530 which I also had. I upgraded to a Torch because I wanted hotspot real bad and that you can only get with OS7. A 8520 you'll should be able to upgrade to OS6 but no higher. It is a capable BB, don't get me wrong. So again, it all depends on your needs. As far as what OS will be compatible with the PB 2.0 upcoming features such as remote control, not sure but that's a good question.
    I see! And this is what exactly I fear. If suppose I buy one and then BY CHANCE RIM doesn't provide remote functionality with OS5 it will not be fun at all then. Thanx!
    P.s: Plz clear my doubt guys.
    01-22-12 03:14 PM
    I have no problem with bridge when using my 8520 and I have no problems with the device as a whole.
    Are you looking for problems?
    01-22-12 05:05 PM
    I am also using an OS 5 device (Bold 9000), no problems with bridge. However, I have a feeling that we wont be getting all the capabilities of PB OS 2 such as the bridge remote feature. Just a hunch but not a confirmation.
    01-22-12 05:08 PM
    I have no problem with bridge when using my 8520 and I have no problems with the device as a whole.
    Are you looking for problems?
    Needless to say I am looking towards BB.
    02-07-12 03:15 PM
    I am also using an OS 5 device (Bold 9000), no problems with bridge. However, I have a feeling that we wont be getting all the capabilities of PB OS 2 such as the bridge remote feature. Just a hunch but not a confirmation.
    Thanx. Getting a phone in 3days.
    02-07-12 03:17 PM
    Get a curve 3g off ebay (the 9300 one i think). It's pretty cheap and ..well it has 3g . That'll do fine with your PB :P
    In fact I'm planning on getting one too since I dropped my 9810 off the window (don't even ask how I managed that)
    And yes i'm also using the 8520 now and the internet is pretty slow while bridged...

As for Bridge 2.0 I think it will be disponible for any OS5+ device.
    02-07-12 03:24 PM
    Get a curve 3g off ebay (the 9300 one i think). It's pretty cheap and ..well it has 3g . That'll do fine with your PB :P
    In fact I'm planning on getting one too since I dropped my 9810 off the window (don't even ask how I managed that)
    And yes i'm also using the 8520 now and the internet is pretty slow while bridged...

As for Bridge 2.0 I think it will be disponible for any OS5+ device.
    Off a window huh...haven't heard that one in a while. I got a 9850 now so I should try the bridge because like you said, it was so slow with OS5 devices.
    02-07-12 03:41 PM
    If you want the best PB + BB combo, do yourself a favor and spend the $$$ for a Bold 9900. You will be glad you did.
    02-07-12 03:45 PM
    Off a window huh...haven't heard that one in a while. I got a 9850 now so I should try the bridge because like you said, it was so slow with OS5 devices.
    I was talking at a phone with that special someone and before I knew it ...it just slipped :/
    I did tell myself I'm a ****** so it's k
    02-07-12 04:01 PM
    yes the curve is good enough but if you really want to take full advantage of the up coming bb remote you might want to invest in a bb7 device.
    02-07-12 05:46 PM
    Well, that was what Meep the Bird was using to tweet from Puppy Stadium during Puppy Bowl VIII on Sunday:

02-07-12 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD