Last week, I called BlackBerry during the week in regards to a broken charger I had from them. It was my BlackBerry PlayBook charger and I was requesting to get it replaced. I call and tell the representative my situation and she argues that she can't do anything for me. I ask to speak to her supervisor, asks me to hold and comes back on the line claiming that her supervisor said they would be able to replace it and I should go online and fill out the form so they may call me back.
    Two days later, they send an email requesting to call me, not call for three hours, so I decide to call them. The representative goes over my case, blah, blah, blah and after 30 minutes, he tells me there's nothing he can do because it's a charger. Then what was the point of the email exchanges the past few days and the request to call me?!
    I continue to argue to with guy until I get a hold of "Tier-3"/his supervisor. Here's where it gets good:
    The supervisor apparently looked up my PIN on her system, and here's what baffles me: the information is false. She says my PIN was registered in April 2011, I didn't purchase my PlayBook until December 2012. I understand the mix up because my PlayBook was RMA'ed twice, but shouldn't they have that information in their system? She tries to argue the fact that I'm out warranty, and I tell her that she just revealed their messy dealings with customer's informations. 75 minutes, I repeat, 75 minutes with these impudent wastes of times to tell me there's nothing they can do "because charger is considered an accessory". Okay, that's perfectly understandable, just don't confirm three days beforehand that I can file a REQUEST TO REPLACE CHARGER.
    All I wanted is another charger because I can't afford to dish out money for a new one.

In short, BlackBerry or RIM, or whoever the hell it is probably has your information all over the place and can't keep a firm foot on policies.
    03-15-14 09:07 PM
    Cool story. I've seen where they have done something for out of warranty. But even so it's a charger, was the warranty more than a year? If not you're still out of warranty if purchased in 2012.
    03-15-14 09:12 PM
    Went thru the same thing, cool off and call back. Be nice ask abiut the weather, be polite, you will eventually get it replaced. Some reps love to help, others don't. Took me three tries. Never answered my email about a tracking number that was promised, but a charger was received a few days later. A week goes by and I receive a phone call survey asking if I was pleased with the service received LOL

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    03-15-14 09:16 PM
    Cool story. I've seen where they have done something for out of warranty. But even so it's a charger, was the warranty more than a year? If not you're still out of warranty if purchased in 2012.
    My warranty was extended for three extra months, so I had until March of this year.
    03-15-14 09:36 PM
    Went thru the same thing, cool off and call back. Be nice ask abiut the weather, be polite, you will eventually get it replaced. Some reps love to help, others don't. Took me three tries. Never answered my email about a tracking number that was promised, but a charger was received a few days later. A week goes by and I receive a phone call survey asking if I was pleased with the service received LOL

Well, lucky you! I was calm, patient, persistent with what they were telling me but I still got no where.
    How come they gave you a charger? They told me "by law, we're not allowed to give warranties on those."
    03-15-14 09:47 PM
    Depends who you speak too! Some are nice about it, others aren't. Its like that everywhere!

03-15-14 09:57 PM
    Easier to buy new on amazon for 3 dollars or so OEM!

Posted via CB10
    jh07 likes this.
    03-15-14 10:01 PM
    Easier to buy new on amazon for 3 dollars or so OEM!

Posted via CB10
    Tried buying some locally, none worked because of the voltage. So, I was out of even more money.
    03-15-14 10:13 PM
    Depends who you speak too! Some are nice about it, others aren't. Its like that everywhere!

Oh, teach me your ways, rebroker2009!
    03-15-14 10:13 PM

You username makes you look like a stock broker or financial advisor.
    03-15-14 10:14 PM
    Depends on who he talks to? It's a freaking charger RIM needs to replace it because he was within his warranty. If you call them again tell them you are calling on my behalf. I am one of the handful that paid full price for this device and you are using some of the tread from my mouth to pay for it. I am one of the many thrown under the RIMBERRY bus. Ok I am done hitching. OP check amazon there are plenty of sellers with factory RIMBERRY products cheap. I got a Orange PlayBook sleeve for 2.99.
    gothamsreckoning likes this.
    03-16-14 04:26 AM
    I have had numerous issues with warranty repairs in the UK...the realtailer and carrier dont care they are meant to provide the warranty as per Blackberry website, yellow PB charger went no help, rubber seal on PB at right speaker is disintigrating, rust on the metal bezel...

Pearl 9105 faulty in 11 months, Curve 9320 that periodically wont work....

All in warranty, Blackberry wont help, @blackberryhelp just say contact carrier/retailer...

Lack of customer support is a game changer, usually administration...
    03-16-14 02:48 PM
    It depends on the issue. Physical damage is never covered under warranty with any company. Please define what you mean by "broken" charger. If it's not physically damaged, then you should prove to them that your warranty was extended and insist on a replacement. If it's physically damaged, I don't see how you can get a replacement.

To the person above who has a PlayBook that has a rubber seal disintegrating and a metal bezel that's rusting, what the heck are you doing to your device?
    eldricho, CDM76 and zehkaiser like this.
    03-16-14 03:14 PM
    My warranty was extended for three extra months, so I had until March of this year.
    Who and why was the warranty extended?
    03-16-14 04:08 PM
    All I wanted is another charger because I can't afford to dish out money for a new one.

[/QUOTE]

It's only $20!
    Worst customer support ever-img_20140316_171854.png

Posted via CB10 "Powered by BlackBerry "
    03-16-14 04:46 PM
    Did you call to get your Blackberry Screen Wipe replaced too?
    03-16-14 06:04 PM
    It's only $20!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140316_171854.png 
Views:	267 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	255698

Posted via CB10 "Powered by BlackBerry "[/QUOTE]

Which makes it all the more sad because the $ they spent employing the people to handle this case for the amount that was invested doesn't touch the cost of just replacing the damn charger.

I would never have taken it this far, but still it would be in their best interest to just REPLACE it!

Edit : reverse my points. Oops.

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-16-14 at 10:54 PM.
    03-16-14 09:57 PM
    Accessories have 30 days warranty from your carrier, typically. 1 year or 11 months from BlackBerry. If anything past that especially for accessories you are on your own. 3 month extension or not.

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    03-16-14 10:28 PM
    Hahahahahaha, laughing so hard I just pissed myself!!!
    madman0141 likes this.
    03-16-14 11:47 PM
    Maybe I should to wipe the sarcasm off you.
    madman0141 likes this.
    03-19-14 04:56 PM
    Depends on who he talks to? It's a freaking charger RIM needs to replace it because he was within his warranty. If you call them again tell them you are calling on my behalf. I am one of the handful that paid full price for this device and you are using some of the tread from my mouth to pay for it. I am one of the many thrown under the RIMBERRY bus. Ok I am done hitching. OP check amazon there are plenty of sellers with factory RIMBERRY products cheap. I got a Orange PlayBook sleeve for 2.99.
    Just got one in from Amazon. $6, no way am I paying $20+ from Theftberry Shop.
    madman0141 likes this.
    03-19-14 04:57 PM
    I saw a 2 pack on ebay for 4$ with free shipping
    03-19-14 07:56 PM
    I gave a good old college try with 2 of our PlayBooks that died last year. They were both out of warranty so I didn't expect anything, and I didn't get anything either.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    03-19-14 09:37 PM
    Last week, I called BlackBerry during the week in regards to a broken charger I had from them. It was my BlackBerry PlayBook charger and I was requesting to get it replaced. I call and tell the representative my situation and she argues that she can't do anything for me. I ask to speak to her supervisor, asks me to hold and comes back on the line claiming that her supervisor said they would be able to replace it and I should go online and fill out the form so they may call me back.
    Two days later, they send an email requesting to call me, not call for three hours, so I decide to call them. The representative goes over my case, blah, blah, blah and after 30 minutes, he tells me there's nothing he can do because it's a charger. Then what was the point of the email exchanges the past few days and the request to call me?!
    I continue to argue to with guy until I get a hold of "Tier-3"/his supervisor. Here's where it gets good:
    The supervisor apparently looked up my PIN on her system, and here's what baffles me: the information is false. She says my PIN was registered in April 2011, I didn't purchase my PlayBook until December 2012. I understand the mix up because my PlayBook was RMA'ed twice, but shouldn't they have that information in their system? She tries to argue the fact that I'm out warranty, and I tell her that she just revealed their messy dealings with customer's informations. 75 minutes, I repeat, 75 minutes with these impudent wastes of times to tell me there's nothing they can do "because charger is considered an accessory". Okay, that's perfectly understandable, just don't confirm three days beforehand that I can file a REQUEST TO REPLACE CHARGER.

In short, BlackBerry or RIM, or whoever the hell it is probably has your information all over the place and can't keep a firm foot on policies.
    You're probably dealing with BlackBerry's outsourced Business Partner. The in-house BlackBerry Support Team would have handled the situation much better. Unfortunately BlackBerry only maintains a small internal team for their largest high-value clients; this team is named DART.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-19-14 10:18 PM
    You're probably dealing with BlackBerry's outsourced Business Partner. The in-house BlackBerry Support Team would have handled the situation much better. Unfortunately BlackBerry only maintains a small internal team for their largest high-value clients; this team is named DART.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    How does DART deal with consumers differently?
    03-19-14 10:54 PM
30 12