There's lots of threads about this, but I could never find the ASA side of the configuration.
    This is the configuration I have working, for both the ASA and the Playbook.

IPSec is tough to get right, and if the ASA is not set up right the VPN will fail through no fault of the playbook.

Set this up, get the new RDP client, and enjoy some remote access goodness

Blackberry Playbook to Cisco ASA VPN - Robert's Blog
    jslawell, rotorwrench and sdk1 like this.
    01-26-12 05:05 PM
    There's lots of threads about this, but I could never find the ASA side of the configuration.
    This is the configuration I have working, for both the ASA and the Playbook.

IPSec is tough to get right, and if the ASA is not set up right the VPN will fail through no fault of the playbook.

Set this up, get the new RDP client, and enjoy some remote access goodness

Blackberry Playbook to Cisco ASA VPN - Robert's Blog
    You seem knowledgeable about this so maybe you can tell me if this works for you. I have my vpn set up and it connects without issue it seems. However, I can't seem to do anything while connected. Rdp doesn't work and file explorer doesn't connect to any servers either. Anything I try that would confirm a connectio fails.

Any thoughts?
    01-26-12 10:03 PM
    You seem knowledgeable about this so maybe you can tell me if this works for you. I have my vpn set up and it connects without issue it seems. However, I can't seem to do anything while connected. Rdp doesn't work and file explorer doesn't connect to any servers either. Anything I try that would confirm a connectio fails.

Any thoughts?
    There are a few reasons this can happen.. In all cases I can think of, it's configuration on the VPN server, or the network behind it.

- Routing on the remote network, the core routers might not have a route to the ip addresses assigned to the vpn clients.

- The ASA or VPN endpoint needs to allow traffic from the vpn clients: on an ASA:

sysopt connection permit ipsec

or an access list on the outside interface permitting traffic from the ip addresses assigned to the vpn clients.

Older versions of the ASA software required a route to the vpn subnet pointing outside to the ISP's router. (sounds bizzarre, but that was necessary)

The PlayBook has a traceroute utility under settings --> Wi-Fi --> WiFi Status, where it tries to discover the routers between you and a host, use it to see if your traffic gets anywhere inside your network, and try using the ping utility. Start with IP addresses rather than DNS names.

Can you connect to the VPN and access hosts with Windows or a Mac ?
    01-26-12 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD