Anyone have a working apk2bar converter?

APK to BAR Converter - Online Android to BlackBerry App Converter - this one appears to convert but then it gives an error when trying to download the file.

https://apps.goodereader.com/apk-2-bar/ - this one doesn't finish the upload

or lastly have the tools so I can manually convert apk2bar

thanks
    01-13-19 09:38 AM
    Out of curiosity, why bother?

Apk files can be directly installed on bb10.

Bar files have to be side-loaded - either with Sachesi, Darcy's BlackBerry Tools, or the old PlayBook/BB10 bar installer Chrome Extension.
    01-13-19 11:43 AM
    Out of curiosity, why bother?

Apk files can be directly installed on bb10.

Bar files have to be side-loaded - either with Sachesi, Darcy's BlackBerry Tools, or the old PlayBook/BB10 bar installer Chrome Extension.
    Well, this is a PlayBook thread.
    marcaccioc likes this.
    01-13-19 01:47 PM
    Well, this is a PlayBook thread.
    That's what I get for looking at the new post listing and not paying attention to what section it's from.

01-13-19 02:00 PM
    That's what I get for looking at the new post listing and not paying attention to what section it's from.

I do the same thing from pure simplicity. That is why conite gets the awards.

LOL
    01-13-19 03:51 PM
    I'll actually answer the OP's question.

This one worked for me when I tried yesterday: http://www.mobiles24.co/apk2bar

Posted via CB10
    01-13-19 07:10 PM
    I'll actually answer the OP's question.

This one worked for me when I tried yesterday: APK to BAR Converter - Online Android to BlackBerry App Converter

Posted via CB10
    Thanks - that's the one i've been trying but when I try to download the converted file, it takes me to a "This Site can't be reached" error message. However, I just tried some of the other converted files on the page and they all download, so i guess its just the files i'm trying to convert? strange... These are paid apps - wonder if that site deletes paid apk's?
    01-13-19 10:59 PM
    Is it still working?
    07-29-21 06:20 AM
    Is it still working?
    They had a message back in June that it was working again.... try it and see. But it had to be compatible Android apps... think it's 2.3?

Problem is back in 2011 or so there were very few Android Apps that worked with the PlayBook version of the runtime. One reason most of use were excited for BBX or BB10.
    07-29-21 07:38 AM
    Hi goodereader is down and mobiles24 broke 2 months ago.. It will only let you download apps saved in its database it will show converted but if not saved you get a opps page can't be displayed.. Could someone convert Opera Mini 4.2 to BAR??? I need this app bad it still works on PB had it until Sunday morning and had to factory reset.. Its limited but will allow me to view any website in the world. I'm will to pay someone via paypal to manually convert opera mini 4.2 for me PLEASE!
    10-04-21 08:34 AM
    Hi goodereader is down and mobiles24 broke 2 months ago.. It will only let you download apps saved in its database it will show converted but if not saved you get a opps page can't be displayed.. Could someone convert Opera Mini 4.2 to BAR??? I need this app bad it still works on PB had it until Sunday morning and had to factory reset.. Its limited but will allow me to view any website in the world. I'm will to pay someone via paypal to manually convert opera mini 4.2 for me PLEASE!
    Just for kicks I just tried the mobiles24 conversion site and it worked for me using a sample apk I had on my laptop (not Opera Mini sadly). I then tried an Opera Mini apk (cannot find 4.2) but then the converter would not work as you described. Maybe it's hit and miss - keep trying?? Anyway, I did get a .bar file from an apk - just couldn't repeat the experiment successfully.
    10-04-21 11:27 AM
    Just for kicks I just tried the mobiles24 conversion site and it worked for me using a sample apk I had on my laptop (not Opera Mini sadly). I then tried an Opera Mini apk (cannot find 4.2) but then the converter would not work as you described. Maybe it's hit and miss - keep trying?? Anyway, I did get a .bar file from an apk - just couldn't repeat the experiment successfully.
    I'm not sure whats going on.. It seems if its been converted in the last 2 months its still in the mobiles24 buffer and will let you download. I have tried several and get Opps, page not available.. If anyone can have luck at this I will pay you via paypal i have tried around 50+ times to get it converted its the only browser that will still let you view every webpage on the net... opera mini 4.2 can be found here https://www.freewarelovers.com/android/apps/opera-mini
    10-04-21 12:40 PM
    I'm not sure whats going on.. It seems if its been converted in the last 2 months its still in the mobiles24 buffer and will let you download. I have tried several and get Opps, page not available.. If anyone can have luck at this I will pay you via paypal i have tried around 50+ times to get it converted its the only browser that will still let you view every webpage on the net... opera mini 4.2 can be found here https://www.freewarelovers.com/android/apps/opera-mini
    I've tried also several times for OM 4.2 and get the same results both conite and yourself have gotten. I'll keep trying here and there for awhile but other than that.........sorry.
    10-04-21 03:41 PM
    Any update on a working apk 2 bar conversion solution? I have an apk (based on gingerbread) that I need to convert. I converted it in the past so I know it works, but lost the bar file. I have several playbooks that I am donating to a school for Dart scoreboards, but cannot get it on all playbooks because i cannot find the bar file.
    02-01-23 10:54 PM
    Any update on a working apk 2 bar conversion solution? I have an apk (based on gingerbread) that I need to convert. I converted it in the past so I know it works, but lost the bar file. I have several playbooks that I am donating to a school for Dart scoreboards, but cannot get it on all playbooks because i cannot find the bar file.
    None work, as bar files can no longer be signed.
    02-02-23 08:45 AM
    If you have the app installed on some of the PlayBooks... look in their download folder make sure the APK isn't still there.
    02-02-23 08:53 AM
    If you have the app installed on some of the PlayBooks... look in their download folder make sure the APK isn't still there.
    .bar
    02-02-23 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD