Hello, new to this, just registered.
    I have a question, if anybody care to answer, and an observation about Playbook. My q. Is, is there anyway through any workaround to be able to transfer a file from excell for example to a memory stick or sd by CONNECTING physically, no email, no tethering or wifi. Plain old, stick it in, copy the file.
    I do have an iPad, and I thing tablets can easily replace the "old" laptop, desktop computers, I can understand Apple & other manufacturers of tablets do not want to cannibalize sales from that segment, but.. RIM has no computer division. What better way to dive into this market with a product that can do both by allowing access to outside devices and behaving like a real computer to a certain extend, and not like Kelly Bundy (nice to hold... Too dumb to do anything else) haha.
    05-22-11 03:17 PM
    From what I understand, the hardware is there to be able to do it, but not the software capabilities, yet. RIM did say its something that could be addressed "in the future"...

If you're bridged to a BB, you can access some docs from the BBs sd card and hopefully more file types in the future.
    Tas999 likes this.
    05-22-11 03:25 PM
    Yeas your blackberry phone is the only gateway to that right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Tas999 likes this.
    05-22-11 04:09 PM
    Thanx guys, that's what I thought too. I was wondering if for example somebody can use a USB hub w/ memory stick to copy the file to the stick, or the PB software do not allow such an action.
    05-22-11 07:12 PM
    the PB does not have that ability currently
    Tas999 likes this.
    05-22-11 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD