Does anyone here use Word to go?
    I just got my Playbook and am able to transfer doc from PB to Windows 7
    but I'm not able to transfer from Windows 7 to PB.
    When a WTGo doc transfers to my laptop it "arrives" as a Microsoft Word Doc.
    I've tried to transfer "the other way" a few times with not success.

Any idea???

Thanks !
    01-20-12 01:21 PM
    I love WtG, I use it in the playbook essentially as a log and record keeping feature.

Not familiar with file transferring back and forth between win 7. Seems if it worked on way it would work the other.
    01-20-12 01:25 PM
    try using box or bluebox to transfer files or word documents for word to go
    01-20-12 02:51 PM
    Just more background: How are you transferring? Desktop Manager or simply drag/drop?

I wonder if there is a version difference - MS always changes its formats including the xxx.DOCX format. Try saving as an older/newer version in one place or the other as available.
    01-20-12 02:54 PM
    I'm using the desktop manager and am only able to transfer from PB to laptop,
    kinda funny! I think it might be the versions of word like you say.
    Do you know how to save word docs with "older versions" as you suggested ?

Thanks !
    01-20-12 03:12 PM
    I don't have word installed on my Windows 7 laptop but as a hotmail user I can write a document with Word on sky drive and then download and save to my pb with no problems.
    01-20-12 03:17 PM
    If your using office 10 it will transfer into word without and problems. When I transfer I conect to my laptop or desktop wired and save it to word. I have never done it wireless but that should not make a different. Once Word checks the paper you can add to it there or sent it back to PlayBook. Hope this helps.
    01-20-12 05:28 PM
    I'm running Office 2010 and have no problems with the docx type. I am on XP though.
    Try just copy/paste the doc into the documents folder of the PB. You can either use wireless or a USB cable without DM.
    Or you can try to email the doc to yourself and open it on the PB.
    01-20-12 06:46 PM
    I'm using the desktop manager and am only able to transfer from PB to laptop,
    kinda funny! I think it might be the versions of word like you say.
    Do you know how to save word docs with "older versions" as you suggested ?

Thanks !
    Just proceed to "Save as" then you will see a drop down box at the bottom that should give you the options of saving the document in a different format just click the drop down arrow and select the 97-2003 document option
    01-20-12 06:59 PM
    It could be the version differences but I find that hard to believe seeing as though the .docx format has been around for many years now...

Office 2007 + save (by default) in docx... older versions INCLUDING W2G save in .doc
    01-20-12 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD