This may be an obvious thing to say, but the text editing functionality in Word To Go is pretty spot on. A nice big moveable arrow appears (note, only ONE appears to start off with, as opposed to two appearing elsewhere) which can be used to move the cursor around really easily. Also the spell checker works really well. As RIM owns Docs to Go, it shouldn't take much to extend this functionality to the rest of the Playbook, surely?
    06-14-11 01:13 PM
    I'd like to see the ability to open more than one doc at a time... There has been a lot of times, I need to copy and paste between docs, only to have to close and re-open. It's frustrating to say the least when you have large documents.
    06-14-11 02:53 PM
    Surely we can always HOPE. But they have not even moved that functionality to the Sheets app!
    06-14-11 02:58 PM
    wow kang! You're always ready with another defect to tell us about.
    06-14-11 03:02 PM
    wow kang! You're always ready with another defect to tell us about.
    As gripes go, its a pretty mild and reasonable one, though. I expect that Word to Go will be updated along with lesser apps. Part of the current mystery about the Playbook is this uneven functionality among the apps. Obviously some apps are built better than others. but how is it that Word to Go can have sensible cut and paste function (and spellcheck) while even RIM's own email on the Bridge has the inferior method of selecting text and no spell check? PB Poynt can sync with Poynt on a phone, but other apps can't.
    06-14-11 04:16 PM
    Im a Sheets guy. Every chance I get to howl about poor state of the Sheets app, I'll take. Its one of the main reasons I bought the PB. I would have gladly paid for Docs To Go if it worked well. I paid for it for my BB. But its just a pisser to offer apps that are useless. Im going to stay on their buttocks.
    06-14-11 05:09 PM
    Im a Sheets guy. Every chance I get to howl about poor state of the Sheets app,.
    I agree. The only thing that I can do with a large table is to do various sorts and save and use each as a separate file.
    06-14-11 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD