My 64gb PB is acting wierd. Got up this morning to use the FB app, and it keeps changing words to German/Deutche words. Even the suggestive text words that pop up is German. I checked settings and my language and keyboard are in English mode. The english words I type and proof read for spelling all have red lines under them saying they are mispelled. Its kind of hard go mispell "the". I am running the current OS.

Any ideas CB nation?
    12-29-12 04:04 PM
    Ah, a pb speaking in tongues!

Have you restarted. I don't know if this affects it: But did you change the language on the keyboard itself. Swipe to open the keyboard and Press the Globe symbol to the left of the Spacebar.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    Morpheus likes this.
    12-29-12 06:33 PM
    Most likely, you inadvertently hit the Globe icon next to the space bar and changed the keyboard language. I've had it happen a couple of times. Sure hope they move that icon in BB10. It's too easy to hit where it is.
    Morpheus likes this.
    12-29-12 10:57 PM
    Oh man! Thank you! Forgot my 4 year old was playing on it. I saw the globe key, didn't think to check that. It was set to german. Thanks for the quick fix and responces!
    12-30-12 01:34 AM
    Sehr Gutt! Aufwiedersen.... Hey, I have to practice anyway as I head to the Dolomites next month where they speak Italian, German and an old dialect!
    12-30-12 10:03 AM