My PlayBook worked just fine until last evening. Battery life was good; with no start-up or play issues. Original model; has worked well for nearly 3 years. Has latest OS. Never been dropped or abused in any way.

Last night it wouldn't wake up. I did a hard reboot (power button for 15 seconds) and then it seemed to start, but when the GUI came up the screen was insensitive: no reaction to touch anywhere. I then did a hard reset (both volume buttons plus power button), and now all I can get is a five-red-flashes sequence: flash pause flash flash flash pause flash -- longer pause, then repeat.

I had the BlackBerry charger plugged in overnight... no change, still get the five-red-flashes. Tried another hard reset, same result.

I've tried using Desktop Software, but the PlayBook is not detected.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
    01-29-14 11:05 AM
    Sounds like you are in the rapidly increasing membership of SOL playbook owners. They seem to be failing at alarming rates.
    01-29-14 11:31 AM
    My PlayBook worked just fine until last evening. Battery life was good; with no start-up or play issues. Original model; has worked well for nearly 3 years. Has latest OS. Never been dropped or abused in any way.

Last night it wouldn't wake up. I did a hard reboot (power button for 15 seconds) and then it seemed to start, but when the GUI came up the screen was insensitive: no reaction to touch anywhere. I then did a hard reset (both volume buttons plus power button), and now all I can get is a five-red-flashes sequence: flash pause flash flash flash pause flash -- longer pause, then repeat.

I had the BlackBerry charger plugged in overnight... no change, still get the five-red-flashes. Tried another hard reset, same result.

I've tried using Desktop Software, but the PlayBook is not detected.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
    This is exactly what my son's PlayBook did a couple weeks ago. It never came back up. I swapped the motherboard into my 64GB PlayBook as a test to see if the batteries were in any way related, since I knew that my PB's batteries were charged. Dead as a doornail.
    01-29-14 12:25 PM
    Hey, just happened to me too. The PlayBook was fine over Christmas and into January but died overnight when not plugged in after a heavy day of use. I've had no luck so far with stack charging. But, stack charging, which has worked before, is for a deeply discharged battery. The flashing LED code is different - yellow four flashes, rather than red.
    02-17-14 06:47 PM