Okay folks, I might not have solution for your problems but wanna tell that I have no problem at all playing video.

Before OS update, there are around 5 vid files there which still played nicely after the update.

Moreover, in the last 3days, I've spent around 8 hours watching new video (12 files, each sized at 500-600 MB), in both avi and mp4.

So, if you ask me, it's not necessarily the OS which in fault here. I updated from OS 1.08, never been rooted but have some Android apps sideloaded into it.

Have you guys tried to re-transferred the files?
    Tried all combinations... the best part of all, now my PB freezes after i re-transfer the files. still trying to figure out how to delete those files, now each time i try to launch an app my PB freeze, try using cable system hang... i'm neither here nor there...
    02-28-12 04:47 AM
    Another one adding my voice to this, some videos that played nicely prior to OS 2 now not playing. It's really strange as some of the videos are OK whilst some are not even though they were taken with the same phone.

No combination of hard reset, wipe or re-installation of software solves the problem.
    My playbook has never been rooted.
    02-28-12 06:29 AM
    Same issue here: mp4 videos that played as expected prior to the OS 2.0 upgrade do not play anymore and I get a Media Error mesage saying that I should free up some system resources then try again. I do not wish to reinstall the system, I think RIM should fix this issue for Playbook users. Videos created using the Camera app are not affected.
    02-28-12 05:46 PM
    Finally, after couple of hard reset i manage to get into file manager and delete those video files that PB could not identify. PB seems to be more responsive and less sluggish without those files there.
    02-28-12 08:05 PM
    I too have seen this issue with OS 2.0, especially with HDMI connected. Hopefully a fix will come soon.
    02-28-12 08:49 PM
    Same issue here: mp4 videos that played as expected prior to the OS 2.0 upgrade do not play anymore and I get a Media Error mesage saying that I should free up some system resources then try again. I do not wish to reinstall the system, I think RIM should fix this issue for Playbook users. Videos created using the Camera app are not affected.
    I too have seen this issue with OS 2.0, especially with HDMI connected. Hopefully a fix will come soon.
    I might have the solution for all PB lovers that uses their PB for movies like me. Try converting your files to avi format, that works for me. I know it's a pain in the A$$ but that help to solve the problem. Previously if I remembered correctly avi was not suppoted by PB. I decided to convert all my videos to mp4. After days looking around for solutions, I decided to check out PB user manual 2.0 for video format, that is when i notice "avi". Good Luck guys/gals...
    Last edited by gtsc26; 02-29-12 at 04:05 AM.
    02-29-12 04:02 AM
    I too found the inclusion of AVI in the OS2.0 user guide earlier, but my AVI files were deemed unsupported format.
    AVI is a container of video and audio, so it can contain different video formats. When I converted the video to x264, the new AVI files can now be played.
    But we should be enjoying our videos instead of spending time doing video conversion, shouldn't we?
    02-29-12 08:48 PM
    I too found the inclusion of AVI in the OS2.0 user guide earlier, but my AVI files were deemed unsupported format.
    AVI is a container of video and audio, so it can contain different video formats. When I converted the video to x264, the new AVI files can now be played.
    But we should be enjoying our videos instead of spending time doing video conversion, shouldn't we?
    There is always a give and take when developing software. Everybody wants to be superior. That is why there are such varieties of video format to choose from. What i don't understand is, mp4 is PB default format. Somehow, something must have went wrong during those 2.0 updates. Oh.. well.. we just let the developer over at RIM to figure this one out.
    03-01-12 08:46 PM
    on the side note... my 1.6GB avi played well without audio. I had to convert it down 1/2 the size to get the audio back... another mystery...
    03-02-12 01:06 AM
    Doing a reset resolved this issue for me
    04-06-12 05:01 PM
    I just had the same problem after the NEW update today 20/02/2015 on my Passport, i also just downloaded snap lastnight and thought that was the problem but after looking at these i done a quick restart and everything is working ok again, thanks to all the comments easy to find on internet .
    02-20-15 10:31 AM
    I think the only issue I've run into, in terms of playing video, is YouTube. It's a pain some of the times but I'm glad Amazon Prime Video is up and running on it.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:57 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD