After upgrading I can't play videos on my playbook with the native video player. It gives a media not supported error message. This includes videos that I shot using the playbook video camera !!! I'm sure they are compatible formats because they played fine before the upgrade. Anyone else have this problem? Solutions?
    02-22-12 06:18 AM
    I only moved 2 videos back to my PlayBook, a .3GP and a .m4v and both play fine.
    02-22-12 06:23 AM
    After upgrading I can't play videos on my playbook with the native video player. It gives a media not supported error message. This includes videos that I shot using the playbook video camera !!! I'm sure they are compatible formats because they played fine before the upgrade. Anyone else have this problem? Solutions?
    Try a hard reset if you havent already
    fredogonefishin likes this.
    02-22-12 06:33 AM
    My videos didn't appear for hours after the upgrade...kept getting errors... Did have a fair few videos in there... Be patient, try a restart, hopefully by the time you read this they'll be working again
    02-22-12 06:48 AM
    I have this problem too...apparently it doesn't play mp4 files
    02-22-12 06:54 AM
    Yes it does. We watched an MP4 last evening. Everything worked perfectly. Did you try a restart?
    02-22-12 06:57 AM
    I have maybe 5 mp4 videos on my PB. They all play except for 1 of them for some reason. I can play the demo video along with those I recorded using the PB. The one I recorded using a Samsung tab no longer plays after the update. That one is about a half a gig. It's an mp4 as well, but I get the unsupported file type error as well.

Maybe my PB has taste??? Ha
    02-22-12 07:40 AM
    I did "shutdown" and "restart" a couple of times already last night but no change. I will try "Hard Reset" next to see if that helps. All my videos are .mp4. They worked perfectly before the upgrade. The clincher is that the videos that I shot with my playbook won't play either so it definitely is not a file format issue.

Incidentally, although probably not related to my problem, I was trying out my new 16 foot HDMI cable on my LED TV. (awesome product ... from Monoprice ... let's you sit on the couch and use your playbook on the TV ... the 6 foot HDMI cord that came with my playbook is way too short). Anyway .... using the 16 foot HDMI cable I was able to browse my pics, play my music, and surf the web (including streaming internet videos) with no problem. Then I tried to play my playbook videos and it failed. I disconnected the cable and still no luck.

Will try the hard reset next.
    How To Perform a Hard Reset on the BlackBerry PlayBook - BerryReview

If that doesn't work I will try to record a new video with the playbook and see if that video will play. I wonder if I might need to delete my videos on the playbook and then reload them from my PC. (?)

Thx for all of the input ... will re-post when solved.
    02-22-12 07:52 AM
    I too had the same problem ..one of my videos stopped playing after the update...then I tried another video player (SRT Player) which actually gave me a hint what could be wrong- It gave an error saying Media not suported (which is obviously not true) or Corrupt file reference. That could be it !

Connect the PB to ur computer & transfer the affected video to it, delete the vid from ur PB & then transfer it back..this should hopefully clear the issue

Let us know how it goes for u
    02-22-12 07:58 AM
    All my videos play again like they did before the update.
    Also works with my HDMI cable to my TV
    Thx all.
    02-22-12 11:12 AM
    All my videos play again like they did before the update.
    Thx all.
    For the benefit of others , could you pls share the solution that finally fixed the problem
    02-22-12 11:38 AM
    I did share the solution ... read my whole post above

It says ....

"Hard Reset seems to have done it for me ...."
    "All my videos play again like they did before the update.
    Thx all."
    02-22-12 01:31 PM
    I did share the solution ... read my whole post above

It says ....

"Hard Reset seems to have done it for me ...."
    "All my videos play again like they did before the update.
    Thx all."
    How big is your video files?

My movie files 600MB and above cannot play anymore. Even with all the restart and hard reset method. I get the following message,

"Media Error Please close some applications to free up resources, then try again."

This is becoming to sound like android...

Please help.
    02-23-12 12:58 AM
    The biggest video file I have is the Playbook HiDef Demo @ 200 MB.

Someone else found that deleting their video file from the playbook and re-transferring the files from your playbook.

Maybe try a "hard reset" after deleting but before re-transferring the video files. (?)
    02-23-12 06:13 AM
    ya same here. before the update my movies played fine after the update I get the message too "file not supported" . I used my PB for movies but now its useless. tried to erase and re load and it even messed up everything else. had to security wipe 3 times and reinstall OS 3 times. its a joke. should of stayed with the old OS until the brains at RIM fix all the issues. I have no clue why I still use a blackberry and have a PB, really running out of patience with RIM
    02-23-12 08:57 PM
    The biggest video file I have is the Playbook HiDef Demo @ 200 MB.

Someone else found that deleting their video file from the playbook and re-transferring the files from your playbook.

Maybe try a "hard reset" after deleting but before re-transferring the video files. (?)
    Did a factory reset. Still getting the same error + my PB freezes in video mode, swipe up/down/left or right does not work. Just plain black screen. Had to hard restart.
    02-24-12 01:45 AM
    ya same here. before the update my movies played fine after the update I get the message too "file not supported" . I used my PB for movies but now its useless. tried to erase and re load and it even messed up everything else. had to security wipe 3 times and reinstall OS 3 times. its a joke. should of stayed with the old OS until the brains at RIM fix all the issues. I have no clue why I still use a blackberry and have a PB, really running out of patience with RIM
    WOW, 3 times? I only did once.
    02-24-12 01:49 AM
    I think I might have the solution for you. My 600MB movie play as it suppose to after i did a re-installing of the OS. I guess the regular update over WiFi might have screwed up my PB.

Caution!!!
    The following step will wipe out all your data and apps that you have installed previously. I have decided to do it the hard way by manual backup my files with the standard windows drag and drop method, re-installing the OS and re-installing all the apps from app world.

Here is what i did.

1) Plug PB using the cable to your PC
    2) Hard restart your PB (BB Desktop should detect and prompt you with retry or install, I choose install. This will download about 1GB for the OS installer)
    3) Just let it complete the installation and auto restart
    4) You will now have your PB as it was when you 1st got your PB. (unplug the cable and proceed with the standard PB fresh setup)

Good Luck!!!
    02-24-12 06:47 PM
    So, far so good... except now once in a while my PB goes into sleep mode indefinitely.
    02-24-12 08:44 PM
    Question to those having issues... Did anyone back up their files and do a security wipe on their Playbook... It seems quite a few users are having all sorts of problems ranging form slow repsonse to email issues and video playback...

I wiped my 64 g before the last update but left the 32 g at the old beta... The wiped one works perfectly..... Nothing but problems with the playbook that had 0S2 beta... ended up wiping and reinstalling last night....

Do not know if this is a solution but sure made my life easier since I did it.....
    02-24-12 09:00 PM
    Did security wipe and clean re-install of OS2.0 three times already, and the video player still won't play my movies.
    There is definitely a software problem in the official OS2.0.
    02-25-12 10:25 PM
    Did security wipe and clean re-install of OS2.0 three times already, and the video player still won't play my movies.
    There is definitely a software problem in the official OS2.0.
    I totally agree with you. I guess we just have to wait for another year for the next patch or we can just wait for MOBO player to find it's way into App World.

Security wipe confirm does not help with the video playback. Re-install of the OS also does not help with the video playback. Worked for 1/2 day and the PB decide not to play the video at all. I have even went to great length ripping new DVD movie from my collections and guess what... no luck.

Security wipe works... but PB hang once an application freezes.
    Re-install OS2.0 works like a charm... everything works fine but video still does not play.
    02-26-12 07:56 PM
    I'm unable to play videos using mVideoPlayer for Android. Before the update I had no problems. Using the native player runs like a charm but without subtitles.
    02-27-12 07:29 PM
    Okay folks, I might not have solution for your problems but wanna tell that I have no problem at all playing video.

Before OS update, there are around 5 vid files there which still played nicely after the update.

Moreover, in the last 3days, I've spent around 8 hours watching new video (12 files, each sized at 500-600 MB), in both avi and mp4.

So, if you ask me, it's not necessarily the OS which in fault here. I updated from OS 1.08, never been rooted but have some Android apps sideloaded into it.

Have you guys tried to re-transferred the files?
    02-27-12 08:42 PM
    Have you tried moviesrt player? It worked like a charm for me and you can edit the sub font, size and color. Nice one!

I'm unable to play videos using mVideoPlayer for Android. Before the update I had no problems. Using the native player runs like a charm but without subtitles.
    02-27-12 08:46 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD