I used to be able to connect to my laptop, but since I updated to Win8.1 my playbook won't connect. I have the latest Desktop Manager, and the latest USB driver.

My playbook says it's connected, but Desktop Manager says it isn't. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the driver and Desktop Manager. I don't think that my upgrade to Win8.1 caused this problem, but I'm not sure.

The playbook doesn't show up in Windows Explorer.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Thanks for any help.
    07-06-13 08:09 PM
    Could it be the beta 8.1? Maybe ask on a windows forum.
    07-06-13 08:13 PM
    07-06-13 08:33 PM
    I installed 8.1 on my laptop. connected my PB by usb to it, and then installed the drivers that are on the PB. No go- my laptop didn't see my PB. So I installed BB Desktop Software- still no go. So I installed BB Link- still no go. I then uninstalled the drivers on my laptop using Windows' Device Manager, uninstalled BB Desktop Software, and uninstalled BB Link. After rebooting, I reinstalled BB Desktop Software, and everything was working fine.
    07-06-13 08:59 PM
    Thanks, F2 ...but BlackBerry LInk doesn't work either.
    07-06-13 09:03 PM
    Thanks, pacoman03,

I'll try your method tomorrow, then report back.
    07-06-13 09:05 PM
    I installed 8.1 on my laptop. connected my PB by usb to it, and then installed the drivers that are on the PB. No go- my laptop didn't see my PB. So I installed BB Desktop Software- still no go. So I installed BB Link- still no go. I then uninstalled the drivers on my laptop using Windows' Device Manager, uninstalled BB Desktop Software, and uninstalled BB Link. After rebooting, I reinstalled BB Desktop Software, and everything was working fine.
    pacoman03, I tried a complete uninstall (both Desktop Manager & BlackBerry Link, then a re-install of Desktop Manager. After USB connection, my PlayBook reported "Connected to Computer", but the Desktop Manager tried to connect, then reported, "BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot connect to the device".

I nosed around in Windows Setup, and found a device error, which I removed, then tried a USB reconnect, and ...SUCCESS!

Gawd this can be a frustrating business! (But persistence and sheer stubbornness will usually win in the end.) Thanks for the help.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-07-13 11:13 AM