I downloaded Kobo books straight to my PB from the Kobo app so I don't know where you're getting the PC stuff from. The books I loaded were free so perhaps the retail ones require a PC?
    Same - they download straight to my PB. There are some pretty decent free books. I'm in the middle of "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" by Doyle. Awesome read if you like mystery short stories.
    06-03-11 05:41 PM
    If playbook 2 (or XL) is 10" wont this hurt RIMs quest to get app devs onboard?

Everyone is well aware that ios Iphone apps are different than playbook apps due to screen size. Does RIM have enough draw for devs to want to develop two appsfoe qnx?
    06-03-11 05:50 PM
    I mean is there a way to read the books without having to be signed into Kobo bookstore. As in can I download the book to the BlackBerry PlayBook to read "off-line"? If I am at a campground I doubt WiFi will be available yet I might want to read the Iliad or something.
    Once you have downloaded book (via wifi) you have them stored (somewhere) on he pb and you can read them at a campground or beach or mountain pass. At least, I think so. I just turned off the wifi and the free books I downloaded the other day are there and they are readable. You will not be able to find new books until back in range of wifi.
    06-03-11 06:47 PM
    I wonder how many of you have realized that June launch will be internationally. That means in other words that the PB should be able to support many languages (main european languages, Spanish and Portuguese for Latin America, asian alphabets etc.) That is a major change and I am sure RIM is rushing to have all that in place before June 19th when they start launching overseas.
    Amen to that. I got mine today, so far, I'm super impressed with the browser, but that is about it, sadly.
    06-03-11 08:36 PM
    When I read the title, I thought it was an update! (wonderful surprise) lolz!

My heart kinda jumped out for a second
    06-03-11 08:47 PM
    I have a desktop PC, 2 laptops between work and home, a netbook and now a Playbook that I use to do everything from email to watching hulu and netflix and streaming music to different devices throughout the house and I have silverlight installed on zero devices. For me - the PB does offer a full web experience.

Other than OS's - I dont let Microsoft install anything on my PC's. What does silverlight offer that would create a full web experience?
    several sites i use for reference at work require silverlight, it is a must for me. So much so that if by end of summer it is still unavailable on the playbook i will be selling it on kijiji and looking for an alternative tablet. If you read through the forums, many of people are wanting silverlight....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 09:07 PM
    Yeah i want silverlight for coastalwatch.com.au live surfcams. The replays will work but not the live cams.
    06-03-11 10:06 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD