I don't really understand why people have to react to Playbook criticism as if someone insulted them or their family personally. I think the OP's desires are well justified. After all, we all want the Playbook to be a better product that meets the needs of as many consumers as possible. I am with the OP on:
    - a fully functional IM app
    - more file format support
    - improvements to App World (currently it's searching, categorizing, and sorting capabilities are simply not enough)
    Agreed, if PB can put Skype, ooVoo, YM, etc. then isn't that one of the reasons RIM put a dual-camera feature, more popular known formats, more HD games/apps and may be it can help to attract more consumers to buy PB from the beginning, current and future.

This is irrelevant, but about 5 months ago I went to Lowes home improvement store and they're using iphone 4 for the store use, like; checking inventories, prices, link to the store's network, equipped with a laser bar code scanner/reader plus its own additional extra battery.

That's why I don't want to use an iphone 4/4S, I don't want to be mistaken as one of their employees while I just happen to be shopping there.
    Last edited by B_Berry; 01-14-12 at 12:37 PM.
    01-14-12 12:35 PM
    Among other things.

I don't own an iPhone 4s, but some of this pics I've seen from quite good. Richness or color and deep blacks.

It's about the lense.
    My sister use an iphone 4S and don't be fooled, yes the image looks good on the iphone 4/4S display itself, but once you transferred the taken image to a computer, then you can tell it's just an average results.

The phone that I used to use and find a better than average phone camera and even video results was from the old NK N95/N96, then I bought the NK E90, NK 5800 Navigation and my cousins used NK E71/E72 the results was below average. Yup, in our family, we used to like Nokia, SE & Samsung phones. Now most of us just use BlackBerry and one or two using an iphone 4 and 4S. But, any of us don't own an iCrap.
    Last edited by B_Berry; 01-14-12 at 12:51 PM.
    01-14-12 12:41 PM
    I'm rocking an 8 mp camera on my phone. I completely concur: megapixels do not tell the whole story. Don't get tricked into believing that MPs are the measure of a good camera.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    01-14-12 12:51 PM
    it seems to me that when people start posting the truth most of us get defensive and start to defend RIM.

I love my playbook no doubt...but i wish RIM would of realized where the rest of the competition was before they released the pb last year unfinished.

i agree with the OP 100%
    Last edited by patpatiar; 01-14-12 at 12:58 PM. Reason: no reason.
    01-14-12 12:57 PM
    I don't really understand why people have to react to Playbook criticism as if someone insulted them or their family personally. I think the OP's desires are well justified. After all, we all want the Playbook to be a better product that meets the needs of as many consumers as possible. I am with the OP on:
    - a fully functional IM app
    - more file format support
    - improvements to App World (currently it's searching, categorizing, and sorting capabilities are simply not enough)
    just saw this post and I agree! haha..My message above was trying to convey that exact same point but yours is written so much better lol.
    01-14-12 12:59 PM
    Improve the Tasks application so it is at least useful as opposed to being a giant list of every tasks, whether completed or not.
    01-14-12 12:59 PM
    @topic :

How about :

1. native YM/Gtalk for Playbook that supports webcam
    2. native WebEx
    3 Battlefield 3 for iOS (make a PB Edition XD, though yeah... fat chance )
    4. a PSX Emulator

These are the only things I can think of at the moment
    01-14-12 01:08 PM
    I'm rocking an 8 mp camera on my phone. I completely concur: megapixels do not tell the whole story. Don't get tricked into believing that MPs are the measure of a good camera.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    More often than not, higher megapixels actually hurt picture quality by adding unnecessary noise. Especially at high ISOs. In most cases, you don't even need more than 5-10 mp (unless you want to print huge posters or crop very small details in your photos). But people do think that, if it's a 20 mp camera, it's twice as good as a 10 mp camera. A good example of how the marketing machine exploits consumers' ignorance.
    01-14-12 01:20 PM
    I just want netflix

netflix + bridge browser = hours wasted
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    01-15-12 02:26 AM
    It would be great if the camera had auto focus (if it's a software thingy) and better capability in low light condition Before I bought playbook, I heard a lot about the 5MP and 3MP 1080P cameras. Well, guess what, they suck! Although they use a dedicated image sensor, they lack auto focus, and are completely useless under low light condition. Yesterday my friend and I were comparing photos taken by iphone 4S and playbook at the same spot at the same time. while the iphone photo was bright, clear and without any glitch, I could hardly see the object in the photo taken by playbook. (and RIM went to compete with ipad2 for the same price with this camera! Dear RIM, haven't you observed most of the people going to the stores and trying camera feature right after they are done with touchscreen?!)
    Much of this has already been said, but the iPhone 4S uses a significantly better camera than the iPad2 (which would be what you'd directly compare the PlayBook to), and both of them have come out SINCE the PlayBook, and if you were looking at the iPhone pictures on the iPhone screen and the PlayBook pictures on the PlayBook screen, the iPhone pictures will look nicer by virtue of the smaller screen making it so that any imperfections are smaller, thus less noticeable.
    01-15-12 11:17 AM
    Hmmmmmmm. there is a lot of ME, ME, ME and I WANT, WANT, WANT in this post. It seems to me you are very young. perhaps you could go back to your android devices with all the (free) apps, better cams and blah blah blah.

BTW, PB was never meant to compete with Ipad 2 and its cameras, it competed with Ipad 1 which had NO cameras. I'm not sure that you are as well researched as you would have us believe!
    in defense of newbie he is not exactly bashing playbook and i believe he expressed clearly that he likes the device. there is nothing wrong with having wish list.
    To be honest RIM should have stuff that full time goes around all these forums and read what people like and do not like about playbook, bb phones etc.

If there is a person like that in this forum and is reading this thread................................GET THE DAMN SKYPE FOR PLAYBOOK. One more thread ".......where is Skype for Playbook" and I will explode ! Skype is THE #1 requested App for Playbook. I know at least 1 person myself who I could convince to buy PB if Skype was available for this platform.

...excuse my language. I needed to vent somewhere ....

I find the cameras to be very good. HD video recording is excellent in good light.

Camera software will be improved with the OS2 upgrade and I'm hoping the upgrade will give us the ability to take focused close-up shots. I use my 9800 camera for close-up shots - uploading to the playbook.

It is a headache, searching through large catalogs to find an app (Ex. iTunes, or any other large catalog) and that's why I hope the playbook gives us strong core native functionality (Ex. file management, picture/video taking/editing, browser, PIM, etc...). I don't want an 'app for that'. I like having apps supporting a strong core
    to be honest i think that pb in low light is bad.

no tablet/smartphone will ever replace a point and shoot camera for a lot of years so i doubt that youd get what your looking for picture wise in a tablet.
    it is very nice for chatting its fast but auto focus and all that imaging stabilizing isnt going to get there today even if some apps tries to immitate it in other hardware.
    very true
    kennyliu and morison20 like this.
    01-15-12 11:38 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD