My God, I really do love the form factor of the PB...and I am not just talking about the 7" screen size but just how it feels in your hands, the shape, everything...I know this might upset some folks around here but I wish I could have iOS on the PB hardware though. I am just impatient I guess, I want native email and all the sweet functional apps from my iPad 2 on the PB. The iPad's 9.7 inch screen is just too big some times. I rather take the better pixel density of the PB. Just venting guys as my PB is on eBay right now, I will miss it...somewhat.
    07-14-11 10:50 PM
    iOS? No thanks..I'd rather have Honeycomb than iOS.
    DrRambone, howarmat and esqlaw like this.
    07-14-11 11:01 PM
    iOS? No thanks..I'd rather have Honeycomb than iOS.
    Care to elaborate?
    07-14-11 11:05 PM
    I think honeycomb is a mess. IOS feels dated but has everything and sets the standard. I would love a 8 inch ipad.
    07-14-11 11:10 PM
    iOS is such a simple and mundane OS, why would you want something that monkeys can effectively use? It lacks character and true effectiveness.

If anything, I'd want Android OS, if QNX wasn't around of course.
    07-14-11 11:11 PM
    believe me! OS 2.0 of PB will be better than iOS...
    lmao! PB cd probably run ios as an app while i play need for speed.
    meske likes this.
    ahhahah how to put ios in pb hardware? theres no HOME BUTTON
    07-14-11 11:12 PM
    believe me! OS 2.0 of PB will be better than iOS...
    PB OS 1.0.... is better then iOS, IMO. I wonder if i can use anymore acronyms?!?!

Let's not speculate on PB OS 2.0, as we have no idea what it will include.
    07-14-11 11:13 PM
    Ugh, iOS? If I could have anything other than tabletOS on there it would be linux or windows.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-14-11 11:15 PM
    I guess I prefer iOS on a tablet right now because I use it mostly for media consumption. Here are some of the ways I use my iPad 2 right now:

HBO Go app
    Netflix
    Hulu
    Logitech trackpad (to control my HTPC)
    RDP (remote desktop)
    Air video server (to stream videos from my pc to my iPad)
    Roku remote
    Etc...

I prefer BB or android device for a smartphone so I figure why not have diff OS for a tablet, just my personal preference.
    07-14-11 11:30 PM
    Ugh, iOS? If I could have anything other than tabletOS on there it would be linux or windows.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    I went to the Microsoft store last weekend and most of the windows tablets are like 1,000 bucks or more. I ain't got that kinda money. I will take a ubuntu tablet for sure though .
    07-14-11 11:35 PM
    I want MeeGo... :-)

seriously, I wish "tablets" are like laptops or desktops... we can format and install whatever OS we want to run them... it'll be awesome!
    07-15-11 12:10 AM
    iOS = Mac
    Honecomb = Windows
    QNX = Linux

iOS is like Mac because people either hate it or love it. No customization, boring. You have to play the Apple way. If you don't mind, it has tons of apps.

Honeycomb is like Windows because you can do anything you want once rooted. It is still very flexible running as stock. It has malware and viruses. It also has most of the good apps compare to iOS. Lots of choices of hardware.

QNX is like Linux because owners think it's cool. But no apps, and many even don't know it exists.
    The current implementation of QNX is pretty boring to, wallpaper change is not to much of customization..
    07-15-11 06:07 AM
    iOS is like Mac because people either hate it or love it. No customization, boring. You have to play the Apple way. If you don't mind, it has tons of apps.
    And what can we customize on our PB's? Zippo. Oh ya, wallpapers, and that's it. We can't even create our own groups. We are "forced" to play the RIM way with Media, Favorites, Games, etc...

Seriously what do you need to customize? Do people really stare at their tablet's OS's and hope for something special to happen? That's what the apps are for, wether that be the internet, mail, etc. Nobody's buying a tablet for the built-in apps, especially not the Playbook (sales figures don't lie)

-Cal
    07-15-11 06:58 AM
    iOS = Mac
    Honecomb = Windows
    QNX = Linux

Honeycomb is like Windows because you can do anything you want once rooted. It is still very flexible running as stock. It has malware and viruses. It also has most of the good apps compare to iOS. Lots of choices of hardware.

QNX is like Linux because owners think it's cool. But no apps, and many even don't know it exists.
    Best way I have seen it describe yet. Good job Trinity
    07-15-11 07:30 AM
    And what can we customize on our PB's? Zippo. Oh ya, wallpapers, and that's it. We can't even create our own groups. We are "forced" to play the RIM way with Media, Favorites, Games, etc...

Seriously what do you need to customize? Do people really stare at their tablet's OS's and hope for something special to happen? That's what the apps are for, wether that be the internet, mail, etc. Nobody's buying a tablet for the built-in apps, especially not the Playbook (sales figures don't lie)

-Cal
    Still very early days for the PB. its OS is superb.
    07-15-11 07:38 AM

-Cal
    Have a Honeycomb style UI utilizing QNX. Widgets that can seamlessly play HD videos? HD Live Wallpapers with no lag? Ball is in your court RIM, you have the potential, now make it happen! PB OS 1.0 is a huge disappointment IMO.
    07-15-11 10:40 AM
    iOS? Really? Isn't that four or five years old?
    07-15-11 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD