ok, on the phone fighting mad today. After lots of tooing and froooing, cancelled the return from HP because Staples will deliver a brand new one and puck up the old one tomorrow. I know I should have called them before, but you need to remember my call to HP was for tech support, I was not thinking about a return at that time. Then on to Lexmark, who did not offer money back,and had no option for me. I threatened to load the whole conversation onto youtube, because there was no way to determine by the box or their website, that this printer would not support my tablet. Their website actually says use this printer with you tablet. It does not say, be careful, only some tablets are supported. So, the girl 'escalated' the file. Ihave had my file 'escalated' 3 times. The first time was with kobo on my playbook, 2nd time was with HP today, and now with Lexmark. All it means is that someone higher up tells you exactly the same thing.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-01-13 03:01 PM
    Banned for bringing up a childhood trauma. Eight years old. Summer with a pleasant breeze going through the open front and back door. Pretty birdies. Green and blue. Open cage. Birdies fly away. Spank spank.
    Same with the socks. Open the drawer and they're off.

By the way why do they call it 'BEAUTIFUL NEW HAMPSHIRE' and what's new about it? Been there for years as far as I know?
    04-01-13 03:02 PM
    Didn't know there were man and woman printers! Thanks for that but it should be any different for him to set it up should it?

The man printers go out and play around , don't do any work around the house and sometimes drink too much brandy and stay out all night .
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-01-13 03:05 PM
    There's something kind of sinister about a sock! You take them off at night and go to sleep and when you wake up they're gone. You find one downstairs and one back in your sock drawer??? How?
    Oh no, enough with the sock theory already. It will not make the list like Einstein's Theory of Relativity. No matter how hard you try. Buries his head in hands.

BTW, what's the seating capacity of that PastyShip?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-01-13 03:06 PM
    ok, on the phone fighting mad today. After lots of tooing and froooing, cancelled the return from HP because Staples will deliver a brand new one and puck up the old one tomorrow. I know I should have called them before, but you need to remember my call to HP was for tech support, I was not thinking about a return at that time. Then on to Lexmark, who did not offer money back,and had no option for me. I threatened to load the whole conversation onto youtube, because there was no way to determine by the box or their website, that this printer would not support my tablet. Their website actually says use this printer with you tablet. It does not say, be careful, only some tablets are supported. So, the girl 'escalated' the file. Ihave had my file 'escalated' 3 times. The first time was with kobo on my playbook, 2nd time was with HP today, and now with Lexmark. All it means is that someone higher up tells you exactly the same thing.
    Mmmmmmmm Lexmark printer? HP printer? Both having issues?

As far as I know staples carry a nice range of pens in their shops. Try the Montblanc for starters or the Cross pens. May take slightly longer to write than to print but pens are less susceptible to non parametric end user problems and I have it on good authority that socks hate them.
    castoridae and dphjeff like this.
    04-01-13 03:09 PM
    Same with the socks. Open the drawer and they're off.

By the way why do they call it 'BEAUTIFUL NEW HAMPSHIRE' and what's new about it? Been there for years as far as I know?
    It's a colonial thing. You wouldn't understand.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-01-13 03:41 PM
    The man printers go out and play around , don't do any work around the house and sometimes drink too much brandy and stay out all night .
    Okayyyy - that's the problem - the store is picking up the male and delivering a female. It all makes sense now
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-01-13 07:47 PM
    It's a colonial thing. You wouldn't understand.
    Ok, ok don't you know ok. Now this may come as a shock to you over there, but US people who wot live in this third world country over here, invented those things that you just mentioned that I can't spell there and if you carry on we will come over there and cut Wales off with a chain saw and push it out into the irush sea!!!!!!!! So there. And I know that in Wales you don't wear socks? Or is that scotland where the men wear skirts and no underpants? Anyway I digress, but I know where you live dude!
    04-02-13 10:46 AM
    Ok, ok don't you know ok. Now this may come as a shock to you over there, but US people who wot live in this third world country over here, invented those things that you just mentioned that I can't spell there and if you carry on we will come over there and cut Wales off with a chain saw and push it out into the irush sea!!!!!!!! So there. And I know that in Wales you don't wear socks? Or is that scotland where the men wear skirts and no underpants? Anyway I digress, but I know where you live dude!
    No, I live just north of there. Here is a picture of my summer home and my cat Fluffy. She lost her ball of seal string inside. By the way, do you need a kitten? That strumpet went and got herself knocked up again.

Which wireless printer will work with the playbook2?-imagehbx.jpg
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-02-13 10:55 AM
    No, I live just north of there. Here is a picture of my summer home and my cat Fluffy. She lost her ball of seal string inside. By the way, do you need a kitten? That strumpet went and got herself knocked up again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagehbx.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	146549
    I'm sure that was the cat that I saw F2 playing with yesterday?

Not someone else with a fixation with white cold places?
    04-02-13 11:08 AM
    OK, female OP moderator here. 1) U.S. no longer a colony. 2) Canuckistan, where both me and the Blackberrys come from have remained part of the commonwealth 3) as the VOM, I command you both simmer down now and - SOM - I'm coming over there this summer; don't make me hunt you down!
    I take responsibility for this for not opening the when it first arrived. I will now make up for that.
    The new printer has just arrived. I am taking it upstairs right nlw to test it and will report right back.
    Be warned.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-02-13 12:54 PM
    OK, female OP moderator here. 1) U.S. no longer a colony. 2) Canuckistan, where both me and the Blackberrys come from have remained part of the commonwealth 3) as the VOM, I command you both simmer down now and - SOM - I'm coming over there this summer; don't make me hunt you down!
    I take responsibility for this for not opening the when it first arrived. I will now make up for that.
    The new printer has just arrived. I am taking it upstairs right nlw to test it and will report right back.
    Be warned.
    WOW dude relax. I await with baited breath the results of your discoveries.

No I won't I just thought I'd say that but I'm not scared of you dude. The reason for that is I'm coming that way, so when your coming this way I will be going that way? Does that make sense? Anyway the worst you could do is wave at me as we fly past each other. Oh wrong again we fly higher than you can, anyway keep looking up on your flight across and I guarantee you'll have a stiff neck when you land. Ha ha.

ps don't forget the box or the sock. Especially the sock. Best to open the box in a dark room that is void of all socks.
    04-02-13 02:13 PM
    WOW dude relax. I await with baited breath the results of your discoveries.

No I won't I just thought I'd say that but I'm not scared of you dude. The reason for that is I'm coming that way, so when your coming this way I will be going that way? Does that make sense? Anyway the worst you could do is wave at me as we fly past each other. Oh wrong again we fly higher than you can, anyway keep looking up on your flight across and I guarantee you'll have a stiff neck when you land. Ha ha.

ps don't forget the box or the sock. Especially the sock. Best to open the box in a dark room that is void of all socks.
    1) That would be dudette to you
    2) as the saying goes: like a theif in the night you will not see me coming
    3) printer is settling in nicely, so far so good - got to successfully print test page, now to connect w/ el tableau
    taking lunch break
    more later
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-02-13 02:27 PM
    1) That would be dudette to you
    2) as the saying goes: like a theif in the night you will not see me coming
    3) printer is settling in nicely, so far so good - got to successfully print test page, now to connect w/ el tableau
    taking lunch break
    more later
    Shall I print a picture of a pasty on it for you? Please please please pretty please? I don't care what you are actually. It only makes a difference if you care!!!!!!!!. I'm a confirmed lesbian so what? Does it have nice flashing lights on it and make high tech noises like brrrrr, click, tic tic, beep and other stuff? Oh do tell do tell us!!!!!
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-02-13 03:01 PM
    Finally success. I had to get live online help, but the email print now works. My next 2 tricks will be to post asking if goodereader has an HP print app, and to convince Lexmark for some type of recompense.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-02-13 07:53 PM
    It's about time. This was like a bad soup opera. Congratulation on your new printer and I'm glad that this one didn't have a sock in it.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-02-13 10:00 PM
    It's about time. This was like a bad soup opera. Congratulation on your new printer and I'm glad that this one didn't have a sock in it.
    Part of the problem was HP weekend help. Help from India did not even suggest contacting Staples.ca, but immediately started a process for me to get - first a new, then a refurbished printer, I had to mail this one back myself, etc, etc. I'm so glad I finally did check with Staples.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-02-13 10:25 PM
    Sounds like you used the sock to make your 'soup' with? Bad idea that but I did tell you they get everywhere.

Finally success. I had to get live online help, but the email print now works.
    Ready with the pasty picture whenever you are nice looking dude type person?
    04-03-13 07:49 AM
    Ok told late. I'm not well so I've had to eat the pasty. I can email you a pic of F2s pet polar bear if you want instead.
    04-03-13 02:06 PM
    Sounds like you need an extra dose of brandy. ZZZZZZZZ.....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-03-13 02:39 PM
    Sounds like you need an extra dose of brandy. ZZZZZZZZ.....
    Your cousin is nicer. He doesn't pick on very very ill people!
    04-03-13 03:26 PM
    Your cousin is nicer. He doesn't pick on very very ill people!
    My cousin is a "her".
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-03-13 05:15 PM
    My cousin is a "her".
    SOM has difficulty sorting out genders
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    04-03-13 05:54 PM
    He (maybe) knows about pig testicles and how they feel! Oinker "rocky mountain oysters!"
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-03-13 06:43 PM
    You again picking on me when I have man flu! I'm going to regret this but ok ok I give in. What's a gender?
    04-04-13 09:06 AM
225 ... 789