Gotta be something simple. Maybe not a sock. Sock theory is a bit fartetched even with brandy speaking. The printer is connected to the PC by USB,right? Got to do that on first setup. Maybe that is why software is goofy.
    I have not connected the usb cable yet. It says not to until you have successfully done this part first.
    03-30-13 01:32 PM
    I may be stating the obvious here but the carrier will only go to the far right with the lid closed. When you lift the lid the carrier goes to the middle like a service position. It won't move from there until the lid is closed or if the cartridges aren't installed correctly. There is nothing in the PC software that would help. It's something the printer does automatically. You really should be able to see the carrier moving when everything is closed up and ready to print.
    I don't have the same model but a very similar one.
    The cartridge carrier is at the right, but I. Can see the first 3 of the 4 cartriges. That's also as far right it will go instead of all the way. Ditto for the left side, when you move the carriage to the left, only 2.5 of the cartridges are "under the top" so you can't see them.
    03-30-13 01:37 PM
    Erm um, wifi printer? WiFi? Wireless? USB cable? I told you it was a sock. Never underestimate the capabilities of the basic sock. They are devious devilish beings with a very mischievous attitude towards printers.

Anyway now you've mentioned holy water, I must away to the cellar. Do you think I should install a lift?
    Do you ever sleep? I'm in Canada in the NewYork timezone. There us 6 hrs difference in the UK? But you are always here
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 01:47 PM

Anyway now you've mentioned holy water, I must away to the cellar. Do you think I should install a lift?
    I'd go with a trusty St Bernard with the canister around the neck.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 02:03 PM
    Do you ever sleep? I'm in Canada in the NewYork timezone. There us 6 hrs difference in the UK? But you are always here
    Remember. He's not ...uhmm...normal.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 02:05 PM
    update: phoned live HP help - many thx to Dphjeff for phone list. After I put the printer through many hoops to jump, the man at HP said the printer is defective. He is now setting up a delivery of a new printer for me to be delivered Monday. I'm on hold with him right now.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 02:21 PM
    Remember. He's not ...uhmm...normal.
    ....sooo, we should refer to him as Super sad old man??
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 02:23 PM
    update: phoned live HP help - many thx to Dphjeff for phone list. After I put the printer through many hoops to jump, the man at HP said the printer is defective. He is now setting up a delivery of a new printer for me to be delivered Monday. I'm on hold with him right now.
    Look for the sock Luke, look for the sock.
    03-30-13 02:47 PM
    And the saga continues. Or should I say socka continues. What ever. Stay tune same bat time same bat channel.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 02:54 PM
    And the saga continues. Or should I say socka continues. What ever. Stay tune same bat time same bat channel.
    He stuck the sock in on purpose so he could end up with the longest thread in the history of the mobile phone. By the time the test Page successfully prints off I will have been reincarnated, given up brandy and F2 will have seen the error or his ways and successfully beat his addiction to that cold white stuff!
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-30-13 03:13 PM
    Hmmmm - should read ' same bad channel - turned over to an HP supervisor in India (weekend remember?). I can get a reconditioned copy sent by Tuesday. I Almost went for it, but then I will have to stay home from work anyway, so I may as well get a new one, so she 'escalated' the case. This means I get a phone call Monday morning (sure first thing) from another supervisor (probably in North America, who will ask me the same questions - like" why didn't I call the store for a return?" ..." Because my call was for installation help and escalated into a replacement call after your guy decided the printer was Fu**ed. I was also told I have to return the printer and they will send me a free postage label. I wined a bit about why should I have to do that - if they are delivering one why can't they pick up the other?? -- too large a step of logic I should imagine. Actually, I don't have a car because I live downtown, but I glad because my house does not have a garage, just street parking, which would be a nightmare to clean the car of snow and ice first thing every morning in the winter. -- am I sounding totally winey right now? I hope so, cause that's how I feel
    At least I have you guys to lean on though right? ....right? .... hello??
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    03-30-13 03:15 PM
    Hmmmm - should read ' same bad channel - turned over to an HP supervisor in India (weekend remember?). I can get a reconditioned copy sent by Tuesday. I Almost went for it, but then I will have to stay home from work anyway, so I may as well get a new one, so she 'escalated' the case. This means I get a phone call Monday morning (sure first thing) from another supervisor (probably in North America, who will ask me the same questions - like" why didn't I call the store for a return?" ..." Because my call was for installation help and escalated into a replacement call after your guy decided the printer was Fu**ed. I was also told I have to return the printer and they will send me a free postage label. I wined a bit about why should I have to do that - if they are delivering one why can't they pick up the other?? -- too large a step of logic I should imagine. Actually, I don't have a car because I live downtown, but I glad because my house does not have a garage, just street parking, which would be a nightmare to clean the car of snow and ice first thing every morning in the winter. -- am I sounding totally winey right now? I hope so, cause that's how I feel
    At least I have you guys to lean on though right? ....right? .... hello??
    Psssst the sock?
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-30-13 03:20 PM
    Your not the only one having a bad day. I took my grandson to get his driving permit this morning and when we were inside getting it a girl taking her driving test crashed into my truck. Needless to say she flunked her driving test.
    PS I told her to put a sock in it.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 03:34 PM
    what I really feel like doing is jumping on it several times and then throwing it out the window.
    Did you guys ever see that photo of several office guys in a back field? They had baseball bats, crowbars, etc and were all standing around in a circle staring down at a printer? That's so how I feel right now. >(
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-30-13 03:39 PM
    Your not the only one having a bad day. I took my grandson to get his driving permit this morning and when we were inside getting it a girl taking her driving test crashed into my truck. Needless to say she flunked her driving test.
    PS I told her to put a sock in it.
    On the upside, your grandson will never forget his first driving test
    03-30-13 03:41 PM
    No he will not.
    03-30-13 03:44 PM
    I also have three HP printers that are eprint capable. They are so easy to setup and use that my wife set hers up herself!!!!!!!!
    You had better hope that your wife doesn't see this. You may be eating dinner out for the next week!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 04:01 PM
    You had better hope that your wife doesn't see this. You may be eating dinner out for the next week!
    I always do. She doesn't allow me indoors until after dark.
    03-30-13 04:09 PM
    what I really feel like doing is jumping on it several times and then throwing it out the window.
    Did you guys ever see that photo of several office guys in a back field? They had baseball bats, crowbars, etc and were all standing around in a circle staring down at a printer? That's so how I feel right now. >(
    Look on the bright side!...... Give me a moment on that?
    castoridae likes this.
    03-30-13 04:11 PM
    Didn't you see the picture of him in the earlier post. The only time that she wants to see his face is in the dark.
    03-30-13 04:14 PM
    Didn't you see the picture of him in the earlier post. The only time that she wants to see his face is in the dark.
    Now I know what happened to the batteries out of my torch!
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-30-13 04:17 PM
    ....sooo, we should refer to him as Super sad old man??
    No. MAD old man, like the Mad Hatter!
    castoridae and sad_old_man like this.
    03-30-13 06:04 PM
    Can't you just take it back to the store (unless carless makes that a pain)
    03-30-13 06:07 PM
    Can't you just take it back to the store (unless carless makes that a pain)
    I got it at Staples online, so I think I would have to mail it back, otherwise, I absolutely would get someone to give me a lift .
    03-30-13 06:09 PM
    Then you move the carriage to the left, only 2.5 of the cartridges are "under the top" so you can't see them.
    Were you moving the carrier back and forth by hand. That would be a no no.
    03-30-13 07:16 PM
225 ... 56789