Setting up new equipment is such a joy. Some time it is so easy and the next time nothing goes right. Fill you pain!
    Thats cool that you have a printer option on your PlayBook. Let us know how that works..
    Well on the Playbook, under wireless connectins, it lists my connection and it has an extra one entitled HP setup 03 Photosmart 5520. So if I get the print cartridges to properly align and get the paper to feed,it looks like itvwill be. Fine. I'll probably until tomorrow and look up live help.
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-29-13 11:04 PM
    If he's into the Pappy's we won't hear from him until noon tomorrow.
    OK maybe on the news as a police incident. Vulcan doing Mach 0.6 under London bridge.
    Damn I knew they should have put bigger windows in this dammed aircraft. Is that where we are?
    03-30-13 07:52 AM
    Still waiting. Should we start a countdown calendar.
    03-30-13 08:24 AM
    Weird thing? - my PB now
    magically has an Hp printer option
    Scratching head. How would that happen? Printer loaded something on PB? SOM didn't say anything about that...

Oops, didn't see that it is wireless connections only. The printer is broadcasting an SSID for an ad-hoc connection wireless connection. Don't think PB can do ad-hoc, though...

Surely you don't need HP support with SOM et al here for a printer! This is more fun.
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 03-30-13 at 08:41 AM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 08:30 AM
    Scratching head. How would that happen? Printer loaded something on PB? SOM didn't say anything about that...
    I think it may be the bourbon?
    03-30-13 08:34 AM
    I may be missing something here, but do any applications on the PlayBook have a print option?

Emailing a file to a supported printer may be the only option.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 08:56 AM
    I may be missing something here, but do any applications on the PlayBook have a print option?

Drink enough brandy and there are several print options on the pb. The problem is getting your finger to select the correct icon from the 28 icons you will see!
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-30-13 09:10 AM

No direct printing in apps. That's why it would have been weird. OP has an ePrint HP printer so emailing should work. Waiting for final confirmation.
    03-30-13 09:13 AM
    I think it may be the bourbon?
    Trashed already????
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 09:15 AM
    No direct printing in apps. That's why it would have been weird. OP has an ePrint HP printer so emailing should work. Waiting for final confirmation.
    Well I can't speak for you lot but I just got pissed off with waiting. I nipped down to pc world and bought a 5520 just to find out what the delay is. I must admit getting it out of the box is a lot harder than my old 5510 was but with a little brute force and ignorance the box lost. Anyway first things first throw the instructions away. That done take all the sticky tape off the printer and my god I think hp have a sticky tape franchise somewhere. Well at this point you need to be a close friend with someone who has extensive special forces training to enable you to defeat the packaging that the print cartridges are supplied in. That done its off the the electricity supply and after connection and power on make sure you have a sufficient supply of brandy with you. (not compulsory). If you do choose the brandy option, sit back and enjoy the woooshi, clink, woooshi, clunk sounds you get while it self tests. If at any time you hear a clatter clatter clatter, stop the process and check for obstructions internal. Could be missed sticky tape but in my case it was a sock. (don't ask). Dependent on the quantity of brandy consumed try to type in your wop, wap, wap2 or whatever code you feel like to access your home network. Job done.

You will only see a HP print icon on your pb home screen if you have consumed too much brandy at stage 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 etc etc.

Worked for me! Crap printer though?
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-30-13 09:34 AM
    Well I can't speak for you lot but I just got pissed off with waiting. I nipped down to pc world and bought a 5520 just to find out what the delay is. I must admit getting it out of the box is a lot harder than my old 5510 was but with a little brute force and ignorance the box lost. Anyway first things first throw the instructions away. That done take all the sticky tape off the printer and my god I think hp have a sticky tape franchise somewhere. Well at this point you need to be a close friend with someone who has extensive special forces training to enable you to defeat the packaging that the print cartridges are supplied in. That done its off the the electricity supply and after connection and power on make sure you have a sufficient supply of brandy with you. (not compulsory). If you do choose the brandy option, sit back and enjoy the woooshi, clink, woooshi, clunk sounds you get while it self tests. If at any time you hear a clatter clatter clatter, stop the process and check for obstructions internal. Could be missed sticky tape but in my case it was a sock. (don't ask). Dependent on the quantity of brandy consumed try to type in your wop, wap, wap2 or whatever code you feel like to access your home network. Job done.

You will only see a HP print icon on your pb home screen if you have consumed too much brandy at stage 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 etc etc.

Worked for me! Crap printer though?
    Ok, everything you did, I did and up to that point no problem. After you plug it in and turn it on, it asks you in english what language you want. It is after that, that you must follow the little demos on the printer's screen. I only had to clear the cartridge carrier(or some irritating word like that) and load the paper. It is the cartridge track that is the problem. I found clearer instructions last night on loading paper that worked better. I can find no obstruction in the cartridge track; it just will only go as far as the eye can see - not completely to the right or the left, but only in the middle open area. Online also said, look up 'all programs' and click on pic of printer under new HP prog. This is where **** happens again. There is supposed to be an option to clear cartidge that I don't have. I loaded the HP disc twice, but nothing extra, so I gave up and went ti sleep.
    Today, after several coffees and a couple of hrs of fav TV, I'm going to try and find a phone number or live help today.
    03-30-13 10:42 AM
    BTW: the HP wireless listing on my PB is in the wireless list.
    03-30-13 11:29 AM
    Will this help?
    Attached Thumbnails Which wireless printer will work with the playbook2?-img_00000003.jpg  
    castoridae likes this.
    03-30-13 11:33 AM
    Ok, everything you did, I did and up to that point no problem. After you plug it in and turn it on, it asks you in english what language you want. It is after that, that you must follow the little demos on the printer's screen. I only had to clear the cartridge carrier(or some irritating word like that) and load the paper. It is the cartridge track that is the problem. I found clearer instructions last night on loading paper that worked better. I can find no obstruction in the cartridge track; it just will only go as far as the eye can see - not completely to the right or the left, but only in the middle open area. Online also said, look up 'all programs' and click on pic of printer under new HP prog. This is where **** happens again. There is supposed to be an option to clear cartidge that I don't have. I loaded the HP disc twice, but nothing extra, so I gave up and went ti sleep.
    Today, after several coffees and a couple of hrs of fav TV, I'm going to try and find a phone number or live help today.
    Sounds like something is jammed. But after receiving help from Sad-Old, I can see where LIVE help would be preferable!
    sad_old_man and castoridae like this.
    03-30-13 11:43 AM
    Sounds like something is jammed. But after receiving help from Sad-Old, I can see where LIVE help would be preferable!
    SOM is actually a crafty old codger! He knows way more than he's willing to admit
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 12:05 PM
    Thanks, I will do this and report back!
    03-30-13 12:06 PM
    Try to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed, correct angle and clicked in place. Make sure all packing is removed and all that protective cellophane. Try turning power on/ off. Cartridges should go to the default position. Anyway to tell the software on the PC that the cartridges are new so that ink levels can be tracked?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 12:17 PM
    In my case it was a sock? (don't ask or I'll come and get you).
    03-30-13 12:19 PM
    Did you offer it a pasty?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 12:24 PM
    Try to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed, correct angle and clicked in place. Make sure all packing is removed and all that protective cellophane. Try turning power on/ off. Cartridges should go to the default position. Anyway to tell the software on the PC that the cartridges are new so that ink levels can be tracked?

Did you offer it a pasty?
    OMG!!!! How remiss of me to forget the most important part of the setup. Sorry about that and if you need any help with the pasty side of it, just ring me. In the meantime to help you out if you ever get that far in the setup process, I have setup your account for you already. The details are as follows:

User name: him
    Email address: [email protected]

Do you want to borrow mine? You print on it and I'll post the prints back to you!

And by the way take the sock out of it. Trust me there will be a sock in there somewhere.
    03-30-13 12:37 PM
    In my case it was a sock? (don't ask or I'll come and get you).
    Huh - care to explain. I hope the trip is worth it!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 12:40 PM
    Gotta be something simple. Maybe not a sock. Sock theory is a bit fartetched even with brandy speaking. The printer is connected to the PC by USB,right? Got to do that on first setup. Maybe that is why software is goofy.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 12:45 PM
    Gotta be something simple. Maybe not a sock. Sock theory is a bit fartetched even with brandy speaking. The printer is connected to the PC by USB,right? Got to do that on first setup. Maybe that is why software is goofy.
    Erm um, wifi printer? WiFi? Wireless? USB cable? I told you it was a sock. Never underestimate the capabilities of the basic sock. They are devious devilish beings with a very mischievous attitude towards printers.

Anyway now you've mentioned holy water, I must away to the cellar. Do you think I should install a lift?
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-30-13 01:15 PM
    I may be stating the obvious here but the carrier will only go to the far right with the lid closed. When you lift the lid the carrier goes to the middle like a service position. It won't move from there until the lid is closed or if the cartridges aren't installed correctly. There is nothing in the PC software that would help. It's something the printer does automatically. You really should be able to see the carrier moving when everything is closed up and ready to print.
    I don't have the same model but a very similar one.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-30-13 01:16 PM
    I may be stating the obvious here but the carrier will only go to the far right with the lid closed. When you lift the lid the carrier goes to the middle like a service position. It won't move from there until the lid is closed or if the cartridges aren't installed correctly. There is nothing in the PC software that would help. It's something the printer does automatically. You really should be able to see the carrier moving when everything is closed up and ready to print.
    I don't have the same model but a very similar one.
    Cool and perfectly correct. I know this but what I'd like to know is how you know this? If the lids down, how do you know the carrier is on the right? Ok so when you open the lid you see the carrier move to the centre, but how do you truly know that it returns to the right when you close the lid. My theory is it goes to the left depending on the size of the sock!

Just let me call my therapist a moment!
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-30-13 01:24 PM
225 ... 45678 ...