Well, the Lexmark I bought in December wants black ink already and I don't print that much. Time to make friends with the Island Ink store !!
    Would it be humanly possible for you to please please TAKE THE DAMN PRINTER OUT OF THE. BOX and just test it please. Otherwise you will sentence me to further geography lessons about strange mysterious cold parts of this planet where humans for some unknown reason have a fascination for tying sticks to their feet!!!!

While your here, save me having to spend another two days googling daft words, what is 'sour mash'. Do you have it with sausages?
    03-29-13 08:16 AM
    I would hate to see you around Christmas time. I bet you peak through the paper on you presents. The suspense is unbearable.
    sad_old_man and castoridae like this.
    03-29-13 08:34 AM
    I would hate to see you around Christmas time. I bet you peak through the paper on you presents. The suspense is unbearable.
    You probably have already seen me. Heard of the "Gringe"
    03-29-13 08:58 AM
    Your green? Or are you dressed up as a Treckkie?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-29-13 09:06 AM
    Your green? Or are you dressed up as a Treckkie?
    Was it you that burgled my house? You've been peeping in my wardrobe.
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-29-13 09:14 AM
    Couldn't find anything worth stealing. Not into role playing.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-29-13 09:19 AM
    Couldn't find anything worth stealing. Not into role playing.
    Please don't mention the whips and latex on here.

ps is that still the same flag?
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-29-13 09:32 AM
    Mums the word. Yes it is still the same flag. I may keep it for a while.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-29-13 10:57 AM
    Mums the word. Yes it is still the same flag. I may keep it for a while.
    I understand, so it's your mums flag? Wonder if he's got the printer out of the box yet? It is a complicated process and you don't get the instructions until you get into the box. Always found that strange myself!
    03-29-13 11:32 AM
    OP, HP ePrint. Commonly available.

But enough of such trivialities. Back to liquor.
    I rode a chairlift last weekend with an IT guy employed at Pappy van Winkle's. He takes 3 (or was it 4) months off every winter to ski. Must be good with virtualization or cables or something. Said he thinks he is the only guy with Tennessee licence plates and a season's pass at Whistler. I know geography isn't your strong suit on account of the small windows on the Vulcan, so I'll add that Whistler is far from Tennessee. Canuckistan to be specific. Cool guy. My only previous experience with bourbon was underage drinking Southern Comfort by fire pits at outdoor parties. Never did remember the end of those nights. Anyway, that Pappy stuff is top shelf.

Just hide the keys to the jet before you crack it open.
    My experience with southern comfort was in a bar in Indiana. Being from Canuckistan, I naturally asked for a rye and ginger . The young woman waitressing left and returned very confused and told me she didn't know what rye was, but they didn't have it. I was shocked. I was pretty sure I was still on planet earth, so I explained that rye was whiskey and ginger was ginger ale. She then suggested the SC w/coke. Worst hangover ever and no memory beyond the first taste.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    03-29-13 01:25 PM
    All of the ISP provided routers I have used list the SSID and network password somewhere on the router. If you used a password to connect the PB it would be the same password for the printer.
    Yes, this is where I got confused. I have only heard my wifi connection referred to as the SSID and password, so when we talking to routers came up, it scared me
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-29-13 01:30 PM
    Yes, this is where I got confused. I have only heard my wifi connection referred to as the SSID and password, so when we talking to routers came up, it scared me
    It's usually a little or a big box with flashing lights on located somewhere in your home and plugged into your telephone connection with a cable. Don't take any notice of the flashing lights, they're just provided to amuse the kids. Sometimes the manufacturers are sneaky and place access code actually on the bottom/side/back of the router itself. Don't know why they do that because I can't read but there you go!

Do you like tequila?
    03-29-13 01:38 PM
    Would it be humanly possible for you to please please TAKE THE DAMN PRINTER OUT OF THE. BOX and just test it please. Otherwise you will sentence me to further geography lessons about strange mysterious cold parts of this planet where humans for some unknown reason have a fascination for tying sticks to their feet!!!!

While your here, save me having to spend another two days googling daft words, what is 'sour mash'. Do you have it with sausages?
    Relax! All in good time! I'm currently working from home so had to spend yesterday getting the office laptop to work wirelessly. Definitely planned to happen some time today
    03-29-13 01:44 PM
    I understand, so it's your mums flag? Wonder if he's got the printer out of the box yet? It is a complicated process and you don't get the instructions until you get into the box. Always found that strange myself!
    Why do you insist on referring to me as ' he ' -- I did say I was female?
    03-29-13 01:49 PM
    It's usually a little or a big box with flashing lights on located somewhere in your home and plugged into your telephone connection with a cable. Don't take any notice of the flashing lights, they're just provided to amuse the kids. Sometimes the manufacturers are sneaky and place access code actually on the bottom/side/back of the router itself. Don't know why they do that because I can't read but there you go!

Do you like tequila?
    I'm a red wine Person. I'm beginning to understand; you bought your own router, didn't you? That's why it came with a password. From what I recall, the IP set it up and I created my own I'D and password.
    03-29-13 01:55 PM
    Southern Comfort isn't Bourbon. Pappy Van Winkle is made in Frankfort, Kentucky by Sazerac for the PVW group. The home office for PVW may be in Tennessee but in Tennessee the best known is Jack Daniels which is sour mash not Bourbon. There is also George Dickel and many new small distilleries which will produce a range of spirits including the Bourbon type. Brandy??
    Depends on the year it was made.
    "In an episode of The Thirsty Traveler entitled "A River of Whiskey," spirits historian Chris Morris describes the original recipe of Southern Comfort. Heron began with good-quality bourbon and would add: "An inch of vanilla bean, about a quarter of a lemon, half of a cinnamon stick, four cloves, a few cherries, and an orange bit or two. He would let this soak for days. And right when he was ready to finish, he would add his sweetener: he liked to use honey."

Present day releases include:
    Southern Comfort Special Reserve, found in duty-free shops, is a blend of Southern Comfort and bourbon,

I know very little about it as my system initiates the reverse peristalsis reflex simply discussing this decades after my last use and I doubt the particular variant I was exposed to was either vintage or special reserve.

[Heads for the snow bank to fish out another beer.]
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-29-13 02:43 PM
    Depends on the year it was made.
    "In an episode of The Thirsty Traveler entitled "A River of Whiskey," spirits historian Chris Morris describes the original recipe of Southern Comfort. Heron began with good-quality bourbon and would add: "An inch of vanilla bean, about a quarter of a lemon, half of a cinnamon stick, four cloves, a few cherries, and an orange bit or two. He would let this soak for days. And right when he was ready to finish, he would add his sweetener: he liked to use honey."

Present day releases include:
    Southern Comfort Special Reserve, found in duty-free shops, is a blend of Southern Comfort and bourbon,

I know very little about it as my system initiates the reverse peristalsis reflex simply discussing this decades after my last use and I doubt the particular variant I was exposed to was either vintage or special reserve.

[Heads for the snow bank to fish out another beer.]
    Maybe a matter of semantics. To me it is a fruity drink maybe made with whiskey which may be good because it is not lousy. Doubt the base is whiskey you would.choose to drink with brancb water. Since it reacted poorly with your system maybe you had too much or perhaps it. was made with lousy whiskey not good corn aqueezings.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-29-13 03:58 PM
    Why do you insist on referring to me as ' he ' -- I did say I was female?
    He's a 292 yo man (oops Vulcan or vampire; something that is long-lived). Gotta give him a break.
    In addition to his addiction to brandy and pasties, he's revealed a picture of himself in his younger days. See post#40 here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...70/index2.html
    As you can see, he wreaks havoc all over this forum.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    03-29-13 05:11 PM
    Please ignore me, I'm really not here anymore. After reading all the edificated comments about drink from those two dudes, I'll just sit here and watch!
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-29-13 05:45 PM
    Maybe a matter of semantics. To me it is a fruity drink maybe made with whiskey which may be good because it is not lousy. Doubt the base is whiskey you would.choose to drink with brancb water. Since it reacted poorly with your system maybe you had too much or perhaps it. was made with lousy whiskey not good corn aqueezings.
    -Too much: true without a shadow of a doubt.
    -Lousy whisky: unknown. As I have said, I am a simple Canadian peasant who prefers beer.
    03-29-13 05:48 PM
    ***News Flash to S-A-M*** Step one : I have opened the box. After much cursing and bewailing the fact that I had to go all the way upstairs and tote this box (surprisingly light in weight) back downstairs, so that I could finally surrender to the incessant goading of our ancient mariner, I conscripted a kitchen knife and opened THE BOX . I immediately recognized the 4 ink cartridges all neatly lined up and waiting to be lovingly attended to, accompanied by a small stack of very large print instruction papers. Stay tuned
    FF22 likes this.
    03-29-13 06:58 PM
    You must be a slow reader you started reading the instructions @ 7:58 and now it's 9:45 and were still waiting to hear how it went. Sad_old_man is going to blow a gasket in anticipation.
    03-29-13 08:45 PM
    You must be a slow reader you started reading the instructions @ 7:58 and now it's 9:45 and were still waiting to hear how it went. Sad_old_man is going to blow a gasket in anticipation.
    If he's into the Pappy's we won't hear from him until noon tomorrow.
    OK maybe on the news as a police incident. Vulcan doing Mach 0.6 under London bridge.
    dphjeff and FF22 like this.
    03-29-13 09:06 PM
    I'll tell you what I am is pis**d off - loaded ink cartridges, but it kepos telling me to clear cartridge bin. I. An'7t seem to get the bin to move totally to either side; also do not appear to like how I loaded paper. Weird thing? - my PB now magically has an Hp printer option
    03-29-13 09:14 PM
    Setting up new equipment is such a joy. Some time it is so easy and the next time nothing goes right. Fill you pain!
    Thats cool that you have a printer option on your PlayBook. Let us know how that works..
    03-29-13 09:21 PM
225 ... 34567 ...