I seen the lexmark S515 on Amazon for $68.00 and the HP 5515 printer for $95.50. There both mobile device compatible.
    Both relatively low cost devices untill you buy replacement ink cartridges. What a rip off. I find that I am paying about �30 every two months to replace them. Seems the same issue whichever device you purchase now. The printer industry needs regulation regarding this matter, and fast.
    03-23-13 07:12 PM
    Amen brother. I spend about $400.00 a year on ink.
    03-23-13 07:31 PM
    Hewlett Packard has 55 different printers with ePrint. Go to HP - United States | Laptop Computers, Desktops , Printers, Servers and more and click on "shop for printers". Use the filters on the left hand side under "Special Features" and check the ePrint feature and search. They start at $69.99, but I wouldn't go for the cheapest one. They have four printers at the $99.99 price mark that look pretty good.
    03-23-13 07:39 PM
    Both relatively low cost devices untill you buy replacement ink cartridges. What a rip off. I find that I am paying about �30 every two months to replace them. Seems the same issue whichever device you purchase now. The printer industry needs regulation regarding this matter, and fast.
    That is why they are so cheap to buy. That business model started a long time ago when George Eastman about gave away the Brownie camera to make money on film sales. Same idea applies to a considerable degree with the Amazon Kindle and the Google Nexus7. Personally since I print mostly just black on white prefer laser anyhow. But if you are going ink jet , ink cost is a big consideration.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-23-13 07:48 PM
    Ok, I found one on Amazon.ca for $48.88 w/free shipping: HP office jet all in one. I googled the specs that say it has wireless capabilities, but does not mention an email address. Good price - anyone know this printer?
    03-24-13 07:38 AM
    That is why they are so cheap to buy. That business model started a long time ago when George Eastman about gave away the Brownie camera to make money on film sales. Same idea applies to a considerable degree with the Amazon Kindle and the Google Nexus7. Personally since I print mostly just black on white prefer laser anyhow. But if you are going ink jet , ink cost is a big consideration.
    You must also bear in mind the setup complexity equasion. For those unfamiliar with this little know equation which I invented, here it is. It's based on Newtons laws of relativity (loosly speaking).

Effort required = frustration�2 � �>10 <100 = 1364052514

Therefore the more effort required to setup is directly related to the required amount of brandy needed to complete the task. However I am still working on the equasion to refine it allowing for the pasty factor that should greatly reduce the amount of brandy. I'm not exactly rushing with this amendment for obvious reasons.
    03-24-13 07:46 AM
    Ok, I found one on Amazon.ca for $48.88 w/free shipping: HP 4500 office jet all in one. I googled the specs that say it has wireless capabilities, but does not mention an email address. Good price - anyone know this printer?
    03-24-13 08:07 AM
    Firget this one - 7no wifi, I'm still looking
    03-24-13 08:11 AM
    What's the difference between eprint and wireless? They are listed as separate features.
    03-24-13 08:17 AM
    What's the difference between eprint and wireless? They are listed as separate features.
    Ok eyes down and look in. I will only say this once so pay attention and I will be asking questions later.

1. If the printer has eprint then you can print to it from anywhere in the world with any device that is connected into the web and capable of sending emails. ie mobile phone, tablet, laptop, pc. The printer must be connected to the web as well but will have to be hard wired to your router by cable.

2. If the printer is eprint and wifi, then it's exactly the same but will connect to your router via wifi as opposed to you having to connect by cable.

All instructions are non guaranteed and you must not try this at home unless supervised by an adult, scrap that, accompanied by a child (don't trust them adult type people)
    malgpz900 likes this.
    03-24-13 08:56 AM
    Wireless is that it will connect to your wifi network and be available to your other networked devices. The eprint lets you print from devices without loading drivers and such. So great for mobile devices. Most major printer manufacturers have this feature. I think Canon has the cheapest ink.

Edit oops som beat me to it. No brandy today?
    03-24-13 08:57 AM
    Ok, I think the Lexmark 750 I have does all that - it just doesn't support my playbook.
    This is why I'm being very leery about brand names, models, etc.
    03-24-13 09:06 AM
    Ok, I think the Lexmark 750 I have does all that - it just doesn't support my playbook.
    Oooohhhh I like leery, it sound wonderful. Don't forget my setup equasion thought. If your lexmark has all that then just email it!
    03-24-13 09:13 AM
    I think you are missing the point here. It is not about whether the printer will support your playbook. The only way you can easily print from a playbook is sending the document you want to print to the printer via eprint.
    For the playbook forget everything else, and just make sure the printer you are going to buy is eprint capable.
    Malcolm.
    castoridae likes this.
    03-24-13 09:22 AM
    Wireless is that it will connect to your wifi network and be available to your other networked devices. The eprint lets you print from devices without loading drivers and such. So great for mobile devices. Most major printer manufacturers have this feature. I think Canon has the cheapest ink.

Edit oops som beat me to it. No brandy today?
    You little devil you, playing there in the background. Wireless is that it will connect to your wifi network and be available to your other networked devices.

Not at all it just means you can pickup your favorite local radio stations! You youngsters you see before all this modern fandangled technology things, radio's were called a wireless. Therefore you will have wireless radio in your printer somewhere, maybe, forget I said that!
    03-24-13 09:41 AM
    Sad_old_man your showing your age. Wireless?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-24-13 10:32 AM
    You little devil you, playing there in the background. Wireless is that it will connect to your wifi network and be available to your other networked devices.

Not at all it just means you can pickup your favorite local radio stations! You youngsters you see before all this modern fandangled technology things, radio's were called a wireless. Therefore you will have wireless radio in your printer somewhere, maybe, forget I said that!
    You mean a telegraph and the pony express?
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    03-24-13 10:51 AM
    Sad_old_man your showing your age. Wireless?
    Yes wireless. "You can receive radio signals without the need to plug the unit into the mains for power". Remember the wireless used valves until they were replaced with transistors. The name then changed from wireless to transistor radio. Are you with me so far? A transistor is only a modern valve or should I say cathode tube. I had this same conversation with Isaac one day, well it went on for two days and God was he clever, anyway we both agreed that there was no future in tin mining!

It's a bit like today with dab radio. It's still a radio at the end of the day. A wireless now however seems to be any device that connects to its intended target without the need for wires. I mean imagine trying to fire a missile from a fighter and guiding it with a cable. The thing is missiles don't print so stick with the HP eprinter.

ps and they are cheaper than guided missiles.
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-24-13 11:14 AM
    Surprised to see that Lexmark doesn't support the printing by email. I'd try the print app in App World if the printer is wifi networked to your PC.
    BlackBerry World - Print
    03-24-13 11:24 AM
    Sad_old_mam your older than that. I heard that you have dinosaur s##t in the cracks of your feet.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-24-13 11:34 AM
    Surprised to see that Lexmark doesn't support the printing by email. I'd try the print app in App World if the printer is wifi networked to your PC.
    BlackBerry World - Print
    I'm not!

Sad_old_mam your older than that. I heard that you have dinosaur s##t in the cracks of your feet.
    Aahhh I remember my old mam with fondness. Alas she is no longer amongst us but she definitely had that on her feet.

I however still wear the sandals given to me by Joan of Arc even though I hate the french. Strange isn't it that we think the barbecue is a recent invention?
    03-24-13 11:41 AM
    I'm not!

Aahhh I remember my old mam with fondness. Alas she is no longer amongst us but she definitely had that on her feet.

I however still wear the sandals given to me by Joan of Arc even though I hate the french. Strange isn't it that we think the barbecue is a recent invention?
    Irreverent much, are we! (g)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-24-13 11:53 AM
    We must have ADD were off topic again. The OP wants to know what printer to purchase . I would get an HP (you should decide what is best for your needs). What ever you do OP don't purchase a Kodak printer there all junk.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-24-13 11:54 AM
    We must have ADD were off topic again. The OP wants to know what printer to purchase . I would get an HP (you should decide what is best for your needs). What ever you do OP don't purchase a Kodak printer there all junk.
    Ok just so I don't go off topic (which I never do!!!!!!) ADD ADD ADD ADD ADD. There I'm in keeping with the OP for weeks to come. In fact he owes me!

However if my very own feeble, old, forgetful, destitute, unloved, unwanted, unwashed memory serves me correctly, we did tell the OP that he needs any printer that's eprint. (can't understand this fixation with lexmark. It always reminds me of Lego.

Anyway to score some more brownie points with them there people who rule us, dont forget OP, always use a bb to print with. They are wonderful and will be even better when google buy them.
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-24-13 12:06 PM
    It's kind of funny that you mentioned BBQ, I have been smoking a hog for the last 16 hour and just finish making a half gallon of red sauce. Besides its all fun and games.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-24-13 12:12 PM
225 1234 ...