Hi all,
    My real question here is can people please tell me which printer they have that works well with the playbook, preferably without the need for an app because some apps work for some people and not for others.
    As I await the delivery of my 2nd playbook, I find I need yet another printer.
    I just bought one in November from Staples, a Lexmark 'all in one', only to find it does not work with our playbooks. I even phoned the company and tried their google chrome andriod app with no luck. Staples won't take it back because more than 30 days so I can try with the company or try to sell to a friend or maybe one of those small computer shops on College Street in Toronto, if they do that.
    My real question here is what I. Said at first: can people please tell me which printer they have that works well with the playbook without having any app. Many thanks
    03-23-13 08:54 AM
    If printers have a capability to receive emails with attachment that is about the easiest method.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:56 AM
    Check out HP printers. I set one up last year for a guy who lived behind me. He was using my router signal for his Internet (for a fee of course) so we set up his wireless printer in his house. I could print stuff over the wifi network but had to give to his place to pick up my stuff. This printer also had the ability to have an email address. You could then print from anywhere in the world to that printer. Unfortunately I don't recall the model and we now live hundreds of miles away from each other.
    03-23-13 10:02 AM
    I also have three HP printers that are eprint capable. They are so easy to setup and use that my wife set hers up herself!!!!!!!!

I can scan, photocopy either to email or file. I can print as normal or email the printer from anywhere in the world from any device. Works a dream for me and everyone on this forum knows how stupid I am!
    03-23-13 10:44 AM
    I also have three HP printers that are eprint capable. They are so easy to setup and use that my wife set hers up herself!!!!!!!!

I can scan, photocopy either to email or file. I can print as normal or email the printer from anywhere in the world from any device. Works a dream for me and everyone on this forum knows how stupid I am!
    Your post was extremely helpful and I have never, even for a moment, thought that you were stupid.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-23-13 11:11 AM
    Your post was extremely helpful and I have never, even for a moment, thought that you were stupid.
    Well unfortunately, I am. However don't tell anyone else!
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    03-23-13 11:15 AM

Okey dokey, old 'M'! - can you pls tell me models/model #s so I can start to search Amazon and Staples?
    03-23-13 11:31 AM
    Yes, just look for the ePrint feature on HP printers. You just send anything you want to print to a preassigned email (I set up a contact named "Printer") and you are good to go. There ia even a pre BB10 app, not sure if they will upgrade it, but its not necessary.
    03-23-13 11:34 AM
    Okey dokey, old 'M'! - can you pls tell me models/model #s so I can start to search Amazon and Staples?
    Well I bought mine two years ago when they were relatively new products and they are the HP Photosmart 5510 and they only cost �110 then. They have been upgraded now as the technology has evolved and also got cheaper. All you need to do is look for eprint capability. The printer is supplied with its own unique email address at @hpeprint.com and you just register (free) whatever username you choose to be the prefix. Ie. *****[email protected] and your all setup!!!!

Violla, technology at its best. Easy and works!

P's please don't forget how thick I am. No challenges for my title ok!!!!!

Pps the new models are still only around �65
    dexter likes this.
    03-23-13 11:41 AM
    Stupid is stupid does. Unfortunately you just told everyone.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-23-13 11:45 AM
    Stupid is stupid does. Unfortunately you just told everyone.
    Does that mean I have to get a box of chocolates as well?

I hate chocolate with a passion!
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-23-13 11:57 AM
    Get some Brandy flavored ones. The brandy will cover the taste of the chocolate. I personal would get the bourbon ones.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-23-13 12:01 PM
    Get some Brandy flavored ones. The brandy will cover the taste of the chocolate. I personal would get the bourbon ones.
    Mmmmmmmm why do I suddenly feel that I need to make another trip to the cellar.

How does, Pappy Van Winkle's 23-Year-Old, or Black Maple Hill 16-Year-Old Small Batch sound to you. Maybe perhaps both, but you can have the chocolate.
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-23-13 12:13 PM
    Sounds like one h##l of a plan. Cheers.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-23-13 12:30 PM
    Sounds like one h##l of a plan. Cheers.
    If the HP printer thingy works for 'castoridae' while I'm away please let me know. Mind you, by the time I get back from the cellar, I won't care ha ha.
    03-23-13 12:36 PM
    Someone else will have to let you know. You made me trusty, I'm heading to the cellar too.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-23-13 12:45 PM
    Ok, so while you guys are all playing silly bugger, I'm going eShopping for HPs. I'll report back when I see some deals. Cheers all
    PS:
    I'm using my iPod touch because I'm streaming a program on my PB. When my. Ew play look arrives, I can use them both at the same time!
    03-23-13 02:25 PM
    Good luck let us know what you decide on.
    03-23-13 02:37 PM
    Absolutely! I'll report on my options; hopefully I can get some advice
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-23-13 02:56 PM
    Absolutely! I'll report on my options; hopefully I can get some advice
    Try the brandy too. Get the right one and drink enough and you won't care what printer you buy. Tell us first though so we can advise you.

(advice given about brandy only)
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-23-13 03:48 PM
    Yeah, about the brandy - that's how I decided on the Lexmark, so this time shopping dry
    sad_old_man and CDM76 like this.
    03-23-13 04:00 PM
    Sad_old_man quit being a silly bugger this is serious stuff here. We need to talk about brandy on our own time. What kind of brandy did you say was best?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-23-13 04:06 PM
    The lexmark S515 will do what you want.
    03-23-13 04:29 PM
    I have the HP 5515 with eprint. As Sad Old Man said they are very easy to set up and work very well. I can download a PDF file on my 9900 or Playbook and then email it to my printer wherever I am. Works well with pretty much any type of file.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-23-13 04:43 PM
    I seen the lexmark S515 on Amazon for $68.00 and the HP 5515 printer for $95.50. There both mobile device compatible.
    03-23-13 06:33 PM
225 123 ...