Be aware that if you connect a BT keyboard and your palybook is put to sleep, at least with the hard button, when you go back to wake the device up it will give you a dialog password box with no on-screen keyboard. It does not give you any warning or info that you need to use the BT keyboard.

The only downside of this is because the os is still buggy one could assume it's the PB malfunctioning. My gut instinct was to hit submit with no text and hopefully bring the keyboard up on the screen. This did not bring up a on-screen keyboard but i did remember about making the bluetooth connection before dinner.

Be careful with this, if you hit a password dialog box and hit it 10 times with the incorrect or no input the playbook will erase itself - no way to stop it. It initiates a self destruct mode and clocks the device back to a clean install. Great for thieves who steal playbooks, who really think they are stealing ipads, but not so great if you forget your password.
    04-24-11 11:25 PM
    I think you can bring up the on screen keyboard by swiping at at an angle in the bottom left corner.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    04-24-11 11:53 PM
    I think you can bring up the on screen keyboard by swiping at at an angle in the bottom left corner.
    Yup, anytime - regardless of whether or not there is a text field available.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    04-25-11 01:23 AM
    Yup, anytime - regardless of whether or not there is a text field available.
    We need to initiate a PSA about this - I'm seeing a bunch of negative reviews on app world relating to keyboards not popping up in apps. Doing this gesture will save you! :P
    04-25-11 02:40 AM
    OMG i might actually have to read the manual after all. Thanks
    04-25-11 07:16 AM
    Speaking of keyboards, is there any way to bluetooth your blackberry and use the qwerty phone keyboard? That would be a neat feature, if it already exists, I have yet to figure it out?
    04-25-11 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD