<a href="http://bbmobile.me/CBKEY2BLtopic?utm_source=cb&amp;utm_medium=topicblock&amp;utm_campaign=navigation" target="_blank">Shop BlackBerry KEY2</a>
    When I open a browser in XP and type in the IPv4 number that is given by my Playbook About/Network in Settings, I get an error saying the webpage is not available and then adding that the connection to that ip address was interrupted.

I have Wi Fi file sharing enabled, etc. What am I missing?
    01-09-13 04:18 PM
    Type it in the run box not the browser. Something like \\192.168.1.1\media
    Last edited by Chaddface; 01-09-13 at 04:42 PM.
    01-09-13 04:28 PM
    Thanks. When I tried that, it opened a browser window, put the number in the address bar, and displayed the same error message.
    01-09-13 04:44 PM
    Thanks. When I tried that, it opened a browser window, put the number in the address bar, and displayed the same error message.
    Browsers are for things serving web pages, this is using Windows networking (well probably Samba) so your PC has to interpret it that way.

If you type an IP address into a web browser address bar, as is, it will expect to find some kind of web page it can display. What you want to use is windows explorer and ensure you use a path like: \\<ip address> in the address bar - the direction of the backslashes is important, because it denotes the type of path it is - it's not a URL, it's a UNC path, that's something that Windows networking understands.

(for completeness, I'm fairly sure, from memory, smb and cifs paths can be expressed in XML type strings, with slashes the conventional way as in URLs, but that's partly dependent on the path including details of the protocol being used)
    01-10-13 01:01 PM
    If you type an IP address into a web browser address bar, as is, it will expect to find some kind of web page it can display. What you want to use is windows explorer and ensure you use a path like: \\<ip address> in the address bar - the direction of the backslashes is important, because it denotes the type of path it is - it's not a URL, it's a UNC path, that's something that Windows networking understands.
    That worked! Thanks.
    01-10-13 01:18 PM