[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEPYYo0-gfc[/YT]

Check out this video of BB10 at around 38 seconds.

I understand it is a preview of BB10 but how is the device connecting over the TV there? The guy pushes a button on the phone and then connects through his TV.

I am surprised that there has not been more discussion about this because it is pretty cool.
    07-15-12 09:24 AM
    Possibly bluetooth
    07-15-12 10:00 AM
    There's are tons of threads already about DLNA. Whether it actually makes it into BB10 is anybody's guess.
    07-15-12 10:01 AM
    Maybe there will be a BB TV or there was a PB hooked to the TV
    07-15-12 10:51 AM
    Bluetooth wouldn't have enough bandwidth to do this - probably WiFi.
    07-15-12 11:37 AM
    I imagine it is something similar to AirPlay in iOS products (which has been there for a few years, it's nothing revolutionary by any means) and the various similar technologies in Android devices (for example, Samsung devices have some app [it's called something to do with "Share"..."AllShare", perhaps?] for doing similar things). Obviously there is some sort of set top box connected to the TV (akin to the Apple TV or whatever)
    07-15-12 11:44 AM
    Yeah, I wanted to stay away from mentioning AirPlay But I believe it would work around the same concept as that and other similar products. Correct on Samsung's AllShare platform, by the way. I use it with my Smart TV.
    07-15-12 12:10 PM
    Yeah, I wanted to stay away from mentioning AirPlay But I believe it would work around the same concept as that and other similar products. Correct on Samsung's AllShare platform, by the way. I use it with my Smart TV.
    Airplay is a nice feature to have. I use it a lot. I'd think BB users would welcome something similar on their devices.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    07-15-12 12:12 PM

Check out this video of BB10 at around 38 seconds.

I understand it is a preview of BB10 but how is the device connecting over the TV there? The guy pushes a button on the phone and then connects through his TV.

I am surprised that there has not been more discussion about this because it is pretty cool.
    It's called DLNA. So far RIM has had a hard time wrapping their heads around it.
    07-15-12 12:22 PM
    It's called DLNA. [Useless comment removed]
    Breaking news, we now go live to comments already made for more...
    There's are tons of threads already about DLNA. Whether it actually makes it into BB10 is anybody's guess.
    Bluetooth wouldn't have enough bandwidth to do this - probably WiFi.
    07-15-12 12:26 PM
    Would love it if DLNA finally comes to the PlayBook
    07-15-12 12:37 PM
    There have been rumors about a Blackberry TV device. I am hoping that this has not been shelved and is coming with BB10.
    07-15-12 02:30 PM
    DLNA video quality sucks. Be thankful the Playbook has the micro HDMI out.
    07-15-12 02:35 PM
    My support for blackberry is for the long haul, but just as for everyone else, seeing is believing. I want bb10 to be perfect and have no glitches, but time is running out. BlackBerry 10 will have to come out strong, and do so before thinking about a 10" tablet. With apple talking about bringing out a 7" tablet of there own shows the urgency in the 7" tablet market.

We always have the tendency to compare things to the top selling products in that market. Ipad is just a big Itouch with more to offer. So Apple will have the upper hand in this market until BlackBerry gains a hold on the market as I know it can.

At the end of the day BlackBerry is in a different league then Apple with its Ios system. Apple is a good product, just not for me.

RIM please do what needs to be done and get back in the game. Do what you know how to do best and get back to what you do.
    07-15-12 09:29 PM
    My guess is something similar to Apple TV. Some of you may recall that sometime around last fall, CrackBerry posted a story about a BlackBerry version possibly in the works. Perhaps what we're seeing in the video, in the result of that?
    07-16-12 01:53 AM
    Google "Blackberry Cyclone.". It was supposed to be out last year.
    07-16-12 06:11 AM
    Airplay is a nice feature to have. I use it a lot. I'd think BB users would welcome something similar on their devices.
    Has anyone had any success with using Airtime on their PB?
    07-16-12 01:06 PM
    If the cyclone ships I hope to god I can plug my NAS into it!
    wxmancanada likes this.
    07-16-12 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD