So I've been thinking of wiping my playbook, but don't have access to a wi-fi connection for the device setup. Is there any way of pre-downloading the OS to another device(phone or pc) and then just install it to the playbook?
    10-06-13 03:40 AM
    If your PlayBook is running the latest OS, it shouldn't download any updates, just check for them. The security wipe doesn't delete the OS, it just deletes the user data and settings.
    Plus I'm not 100 % sure, but I think BlackBerry added an option to skip the update search at the beginning so you can start using your tablet even if you're out of WiFi reach.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 03:56 AM
    Ok i thought it wipes the OS as well, that makes the decision to wipe easier!
    10-06-13 04:12 AM
    Not so fast. A security wipe will leave you with NO apps other than the Browser. You'll need wifi to update after the wipe to get your apps back.
    Mich1001 likes this.
    10-06-13 09:39 AM
    if you have access to public wifi, or a friends', give that a shot,,, i did my initial setup in a 7/11 parking lot, () 'cuz i didn't have personal wifi @ the time,,, be sure to have a full charge, it'll take a while to do it...
    Mich1001 likes this.
    10-06-13 12:44 PM
    Thank you all for your input, i'll try to get it done some....with free wifi ofcourse
    10-07-13 12:11 AM
    Question on the wipe I'm getting a playbook from ebay that said that powers on and stuff but they cannot log in because there is a password or what not am I able to do a wipe and set it up as my own will that be an issue?
    10-07-13 01:34 PM
    Question on the wipe I'm getting a playbook from ebay that said that powers on and stuff but they cannot log in because there is a password or what not am I able to do a wipe and set it up as my own will that be an issue?
    Should not be an issue, as long as the unit was not reported MIA to BB. They can lock down the device for good if it has been.

Otherwise, just do a security wipe when you get it, and go for the updates/reinstall. You will have to create a new BB id for it, but that should be no issue either way.

Incorrect password 10 times wipes the unit.

ENJOY!

c
    10-07-13 01:37 PM
    Not so fast. A security wipe will leave you with NO apps other than the Browser. You'll need wifi to update after the wipe to get your apps back.
    OEM apps, not your "paid apps" from BB world..
    You would have to go there to re-install your paid items....

c
    10-07-13 01:40 PM
    Should not be an issue, as long as the unit was not reported MIA to BB. They can lock down the device for good if it has been.

Otherwise, just do a security wipe when you get it, and go for the updates/reinstall. You will have to create a new BB id for it, but that should be no issue either way.

Incorrect password 10 times wipes the unit.

ENJOY!

c
    Thanks I appreciate the advice I hope this device is good as they said and I can get it to work.

Join my bbm channel tech heads C00122D07
    10-07-13 02:43 PM