I wiped my PB updated the OS to 2.1.0.1917 and can't download apps. On blackberry world there is there little blurb saying that the update comes with the OS update so I'm just stuck now... I never did get an updated version month the ago before I wiped it either.

Is there a work around? I wiped it twice in a row and the problem is still there, doesn't matter how many times I try again.
    06-28-14 09:34 PM
    I wiped my PB updated the OS to 2.1.0.1917 and can't download apps. On blackberry world there is there little blurb saying that the update comes with the OS update so I'm just stuck now... I never did get an updated version month the ago before I wiped it either.

Is there a work around? I wiped it twice in a row and the problem is still there, doesn't matter how many times I try again.
    I had the same problem after the last mini-update (which I loaded last week)

After multiple re-boots it all works fine again for me (but it probably took three restarts in total)
    06-28-14 09:37 PM
    * restart number 2 *

Thanks lol. Giving it a shot.
    06-28-14 09:57 PM
    * restart number 2 *

Thanks lol. Giving it a shot.
    Good luck - btw I think one of my restarts included the one where you hold down the volume button at the same time as the power button (though as my power button is quite knackered - I'm never too sure if this 'special reboot' actually happens or not)
    06-29-14 08:55 AM
    The update is included in the latest OS for the PlayBook. BlackBerry just hasn't taken the banner down in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 01:03 PM
    The update is included in the latest OS for the PlayBook. BlackBerry just hasn't taken the banner down in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    I know. That's what I'm saying, I have the newest OS but when I try to download an app it would show that error. A restart seems to have fixed the issue (the volume up/down kind)
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    07-01-14 11:59 AM
    Well when you updated your OS you wiped out all the apps in BW.

Oh well like there was many to be had anyways
    07-01-14 12:10 PM
    I know. That's what I'm saying, I have the newest OS but when I try to download an app it would show that error. A restart seems to have fixed the issue (the volume up/down kind)
    Great to hear that the problem has been finally resolved

(I think all PlayBooks should come with stickers on the back that say "when you have a problem, do a hard re-boot"..... or whatever the power-volume restart is called)
    07-01-14 07:35 PM
    Wiped again and then connect to PC (Blackbeery Link) follow detailed instructions ....
    I tried and succeeded
    Good luck!
    08-14-14 01:05 PM