I have Win 8 (upgrade from Win 7) and the latest Blackberry Desktop app. I have re-installed the app but it does not recognize either of our two playbooks, a 64 and 32 Ks.

I checked Device Manager and cannot find any Blackberry drivers under Network or USB connections. I have tried
    different USB cables.

How do I get my Win 8 computer to recognize the Playbook USB connections as that seems to be my problem? I have checked the USB ports with flash drives and they work with no problems.

johnreid
    04-23-13 11:42 AM
    There is another thread already going about the Windows 8 driver issue. I had a problem and made a post about it. The great over the top Crackberrians came up with working solutions. I am thinking that this is the same issue. If you want I can get a post location, but you could find it pretty easy too.
    04-23-13 09:01 PM
    Under the PlayBook topic towards the bottom is a post about PB not connecting to Windows 8. There are solutions posted there.
    04-23-13 09:10 PM
    I have tried those possibilities; I have the WIFI working well with both computers, and with no difficulties. However, my problem is that neither of my computers recognize our Playbooks connected with the USB cable, so there are apparently no drivers to check or roll back. I have the latest Desk Top software.

johnreid
    04-23-13 11:03 PM
    how do i put music on my playbook with my computer? can anyone help
    04-24-13 12:09 AM
    how do i put music on my playbook with my computer? can anyone help
    I don't know if you want your own thread but .....

Generally, you can attach a usb cable between the pb and computer and the pb should show up as a DRIVE, sometimes Z:

You can then drag/drop music to the music folder. The tracks should have accurate mp3 tags so that they show up with sufficient info in the Music app on the pb. You can also setup Wifi sharing and copy them without a cord.
    04-24-13 12:18 AM
    Check whether the computer software for desktop application is blackberry desktop software 7.1.If its not working ,Please download the .NET framework and install it in your system.You have to give more priority to enable the Blackberry desktop software.

http://www.dataproforbusiness.com/software03.html
    05-21-13 01:16 AM