I'm likely to continue to use my PB, but I'd been considering an additional, larger tablet. For what I want I'd probably be good with a Win RT tablet (mostly for content consumption).

Still believe that even if the PB isn't going full-out BB10 that many improvements will still be implemented in subsequent updates. Fingers crossed.
    I hope your optimism is rewarded.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    07-05-13 07:09 PM
    Within these next 2 week the Playbooks ( 3 ) will get a new companion ( ipad )
    then we'll see what we have been missing on the playbook for years.
    Apppppppps ( crappy or not at least they have apppps ios or android ), handwriting input ( chinese ) etc...

Only thing we'll be missing is the swipping up and down this i know for sure.
    Everytime i use my mothers ipad i'm swipping, instead of using the HOME button.
    You don't need to use the home button with an iPad. You can use gestures.
    07-05-13 07:55 PM
    I'm likely to continue to use my PB, but I'd been considering an additional, larger tablet. For what I want I'd probably be good with a Win RT tablet (mostly for content consumption).

Still believe that even if the PB isn't going full-out BB10 that many improvements will still be implemented in subsequent updates. Fingers crossed.
    Yes, if you want aTablet with not many apps the PB and Windows RT are both good choices.
    07-05-13 07:56 PM
    I will stay with my playbook.. since I have 2 playbook at home 32 Gb 16 GB and I just use tablet for movie games and some browser and heavy twitting via @blaq on my playbook.. i love simple n solid tablet..

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:10 PM
    For now, I have nothing (ditched the PlayBook a while ago), and I'm holding off until either the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 or the next Nexus 7.
    07-05-13 10:21 PM
    For now, I have nothing (ditched the PlayBook a while ago), and I'm holding off until either the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 or the next Nexus 7.
    wait you ditched your playbook and have nothing ? clever
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-05-13 10:49 PM
    wait you ditched your playbook and have nothing ? clever
    lol, I know it sounds stupid, but I hadn't used the PlayBook for a while anyways, and I figured if I haven't used it for a while, I won't be upset if I have nothing
    07-06-13 10:32 AM
    Considering options at present - waiting for the 'new' Nexus 7 and hoping it won't be manufactured by Asus.

If that's good (and doesn't have QC issues), it'll be my choice.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 10:45 AM
    Yes, if you want aTablet with not many apps the PB and Windows RT are both good choices.
    The apps I actually want are available on both platforms.

BTW, worth noting that many new releases for the BB10 phones work on the PlayBook and are released there as well. In many cases, if you buy an app for your phone it will automatically show up as an available download for your PlayBook as well.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    07-06-13 10:52 AM

BTW, worth noting that many new releases for the BB10 phones work on the PlayBook and are released there as well. In many cases, if you buy an app for your phone it will automatically show up as an available download for your PlayBook as well.

Really? That would be great I have numerous apps purchased on my Z-10 but they dont show up for me on my PlayBook and I wish they would like Blaq.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 11:50 AM
    Really? That would be great I have numerous apps purchased on my Z-10 but they dont show up for me on my PlayBook and I wish they would like Blaq.

Posted via CB10
    No, Blaq isn't one of them (it's a completely different executable between the PBOS and BB10 versions). The Cineplex app did it though. And a handful of minor ones.

07-06-13 04:52 PM
    Hp touchpad with ice cream. Has worked very well for me

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 05:17 PM
    I am very unhappy with the PlayBook situation but buying another tablet out of spite in no way helps me - just empties my bank account. I will keep my playbook until it dies (since I pre-ordered i'm already over two years into it's life span) but I can pretty much garuntee that my next tablet will not be from BlackBerry.
    07-06-13 06:11 PM
    Well, the decision was made to phase out Blackberry phones and Tablets, so I've been working on a strategy. What I've found however is that what's out there doesn't compare with what we had. It seems it was a software gap that killed the Playbook and that's really sad.

So far, we're considering the Kindle Fire, Samsung note and even the Ipad, but so far none of these meet "everyone's" requirements. I think they were really on the right track with the Bridge from the tablet to the phone and its a terrible shame they decided to abandon that path, cause I can tell you no one else has anything close. At least not that I have found yet anyways...

We're field testing the Samsung Note, Nexus 7 and the Ipad right now and I'll let everyone know how it goes.
    07-06-13 06:34 PM
    I still like my playbook alot. I do use it less then when I first got it, but my cell is a Galaxy Note 2 so with using both I get the best of both worlds. No need to get a different tablet at this time.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CB Forums mobile app
    rexrim likes this.
    07-06-13 07:15 PM
    Yes, getting an AT&T ipad Mini soon since there doesn't seem to be any improvements coming for the PlayBook. Browser is too slow and no apps, tired of it... really like the PlayBook, just wish they would upgrade the current OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 07:16 PM
    Well, the decision was made to phase out Blackberry phones and Tablets, so I've been working on a strategy. What I've found however is that what's out there doesn't compare with what we had. It seems it was a software gap that killed the Playbook and that's really sad.

So far, we're considering the Kindle Fire, Samsung note and even the Ipad, but so far none of these meet "everyone's" requirements. I think they were really on the right track with the Bridge from the tablet to the phone and its a terrible shame they decided to abandon that path, cause I can tell you no one else has anything close. At least not that I have found yet anyways...

We're field testing the Samsung Note, Nexus 7 and the Ipad right now and I'll let everyone know how it goes.
    There's an android app called screen share. For sharing between android phones and tablets. I contacted developer to see if he could get it working from z10 to android tablet.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 08:00 PM

Windows RT has a built in calendar app that can't even sync to Google Calendar. I have both an iPad and a Surface Pro, I mostly run Windows Desktop apps in the Surface. For tablet apps, I reach for the iPad.

The app situation with "metro" apps is getting better but most of the apps aren't very good and plenty are missing. It will get better but in the meantime, I don't see any reason to buy any Tablet other than the iPad. Windows 8 is best suited for a touchscreen UltraBook IMHO.
    07-07-13 09:39 PM
    My friend purchased a Galaxy Note 8.0 and let me play with it today.

I have to say, it is an amazing piece of kit. It was running at least 10 serious apps and a browser with multiple windows open without lagging. The S-Pen keeps getting better and better. The UI experience was much smoother than previous generation Android tabs I had tried. There were so many screen customization options. And best of all - Skype, Netflix... and in my (medical school) situation, obscure apps from Kaplan and UWorld that would NEVER EVER have made their way to Playbook. My friend was saying that whenever he hears of some service or company, he searches Google Play just to see and 90% of the time there's already an app. Every airline has an app. Every store chain has an app. Every cross platform chat app is available. Government agencies, utility companies... it just goes on and on.

Anyway, it was a pretty brutal experience for me as a Playbook owner. I feel like an abused spouse that finally discovered they didn't have to take it anymore. Unfortunately, I blew my 2-3 year optional tech budget on the Playbook, so I can't afford it, but if I could... oh man, if only.
    07-10-13 09:21 PM
    I haven't jumped ship, but I've sold 2 of my 4 PB's and bought myself an Asus Vivotab Smart 64G model with full Win 8.

Verdict: Loving it, and glad I have a choice as to what to use. Both have their purpose, and if I can find a way to connect my Q10 to
    the Asus as a remote, like with the PB, I'll be using the Asus for my presentations.

I still love my PB units, and will continue to use them as media centers, social networking, and such...but now I have a tablet I can run my windows
    programs on.

I won't touch an Android tablet, or an iPad, so this was a great alternative for me.

More people should consider a Win8 tablet (not RT) more often, I believe!
    07-10-13 10:02 PM
    My friend purchased a Galaxy Note 8.0 and let me play with it today.

I have to say, it is an amazing piece of kit. It was running at least 10 serious apps and a browser with multiple windows open without lagging. The S-Pen keeps getting better and better. The UI experience was much smoother than previous generation Android tabs I had tried. There were so many screen customization options. And best of all - Skype, Netflix... and in my (medical school) situation, obscure apps from Kaplan and UWorld that would NEVER EVER have made their way to Playbook. My friend was saying that whenever he hears of some service or company, he searches Google Play just to see and 90% of the time there's already an app. Every airline has an app. Every store chain has an app. Every cross platform chat app is available. Government agencies, utility companies... it just goes on and on.

Anyway, it was a pretty brutal experience for me as a Playbook owner. I feel like an abused spouse that finally discovered they didn't have to take it anymore. Unfortunately, I blew my 2-3 year optional tech budget on the Playbook, so I can't afford it, but if I could... oh man, if only.
    No hdmi output from what I see? That would be a loss!
    07-10-13 10:22 PM
    No hdmi output from what I see? That would be a loss!
    I agree...it would be a loss for me as well...huge one!!
    07-10-13 10:25 PM
    HP Envy X2, had a chance to set one up for a friend and I really liked it. Price is eight too for $599.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 10:26 PM
    HP Envy X2, had a chance to set one up for a friend and I really liked it. Price is eight too for $599.

Posted via CB10
    Possibly too large as is the one costas1966 mentioned, too. I really do like the pb's size. Also, the hp's keyboard is NOT bluetooth and has to be physically connected although one could get a real bt keyboard, I guess.
    07-10-13 11:43 PM
    quadcore 64 bit. no other features matter to me much more than this. quadcore 64 bit arm cpus and a decent ram. i can overlook the features. but mandatory, next device i buy it better be quadcore 64 bit arm. else i am not buying anything till then and i will use my old whatever devices i got, i will play with them and keep myself busy.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-11-13 05:06 AM
210 ... 6789