Already Have.......... Nexus 7. LOVE IT.
    I also picked up the Nexus 7 +HSPA for work. Great device for $309.
    This month Google is set to Release the NEXUS 7 2 ..... for those who can wait.
    07-03-13 10:30 AM
    I won't get something new anytime soon. Frankly, I got a PB recently, because it was the cheapest thing with 64GB of space I'd ever seen. A comparable iPad Mini was something in the $600-700 range, which I couldn't justify to myself.

I will get something else eventually, sure. For right now, though, I have a solid 7" tablet that can hotspot off my Q10 - for free - with a sharp screen, lots of drive space, and an OS that runs nicely. While there isn't much in the way of apps, anything I've ever needed I could find as an Android sideload.

So I'm sticking around for a while longer. Frankly, I never thought BB10 really was coming to the PlayBook anyway. If they actually grafted a new operating system onto two-year old hardware, it could have only ended in tears.
    07-03-13 01:16 PM
    Yeap PlayBook is smarter than ipad. Multitasking on PlayBook is superb. If only all apps was available wow we have a winner. Still PlayBook is too smart for the masses as you said. But I'm keeping my PlayBook. No matter what happens
    07-03-13 11:12 PM
    I still love my PB, but I'll have to move on. I travel quite a bit and was hoping that we would eventually get Skype or some form of cross-platform videochat and texting facility, but now we know that's not going to happen. The biggest factor driving me to consider another platform, though, is the lack of a good news reader. My most frequent non-work-related use for PB was keeping up with news streams; now that Gee Reader is no more, and with no PB alternative in the works (I tried Taptu, but it's soooo laggy), I need another way to get my news fix.

I can't see myself shelling out the money for Apple, so it's either Android or Windows 8 for me. I've been researching the Acer A1; looks interesting, and it may be a contender. I was interested to read F2's take on the Acer W3 (his comments re Acer support do leave me leery, though, and the fact that I had TWO Acer laptops experience the blue screen of death within days of purchase last year does not inspire confidence in their quality control). Windows 8 tablets seems like they would make an ideal laptop replacement, but except for the W3, they're big and expensive.

Checking out Nexus and Samsung, Galaxy Note 8 looks interesting; love the form factor, but I don't want to pay a premium for a stylus I won't use. The latest Nexus might be the fallback; seems like it would meet all my needs except HDMI output, which I do use on my PB from time to time.
    07-04-13 04:02 AM
    @prononmad
    news reader
    sideloade pulse
    Attached Thumbnails Will you jump ship to a new tablet, and if so, what?-uploadfromtaptalk1372929714354.jpg  
    pronomad likes this.
    07-04-13 04:21 AM
    Or gReader. Best newsreader app for Android and works flawlessly on the PB. Now supports Feedly for sync, so...

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    pronomad likes this.
    07-04-13 05:35 AM
    @blucie: Thanks; I have sideloaded Pulse but, like Taptu, find it to be laggy. Not as bad as Taptu, but still.... What's News Reader; do you mean BB News?

@rkennedy01: Thanks as well; I'll give gReader a try.
    07-04-13 06:08 AM
    @pronomad.

Others have weighed in on Google Reader alternatives. I've used gReader with some success but has a few limitations and I find the synchronization isn't always up to snuff.

Lately, I've just been using the Feedly (main Google Reader replacement) web client through the stock browser: feedly: your news. delivered..

For cross-platform video chat, here's another website option: Free Video Chat - Quick & Simple | FaceFlow.
    pronomad likes this.
    07-04-13 06:35 AM
    I was interested to read F2's take on the Acer W3 (his comments re Acer support do leave me leery, though, and the fact that I had TWO Acer laptops experience the blue screen of death within days of purchase last year does not inspire confidence in their quality control). Windows 8 tablets seems like they would make an ideal laptop replacement, but except for the W3, they're big and expensive.
    An issue that came up in the Acer support forum and one that maybe should be a separate topic was:

What kind of security issues exist when the "hard drive" is chock full of personal data but the unit or maybe that drive needs repair. Obviously, you need to trust the repair agency with your personal data unless you can still access it and erase it. That was my concern when Acer offered the RMA to extract the stuck sd card and fix the slot. But not only did the sd card contain persona data but I had moved stuff to the Acer. Now while I could erase the data in this case, in others of say screen failure folks might not be able to CLEAN UP.

How have people been handling the "sharing" of their data to get units repaired?
    07-04-13 08:57 AM
    Hmmm. While I was looking at the IPad mini, I actually just ordered up new Franklin Planner pages for all of my organization needs. Tons cheaper, and I like the retro approach to the whole tech thing. Much happier. For the things I have to access electronically I have an IPhone now (yep just got it when I saw the Q10 was now off the table due to Blackberry's incompetence and my mistrust in them).

As I feel more and more alone, my phone confidently connects with everyone.

As I feel more and more lost, my phone calmly knows how to get anywhere.

As I struggle to remember mundane things like the name of that movie with the boat and the guy with the lip, my phone smugly recalls literally everything.

As I increasingly lose the nouns, verbs and adjectives that once stood ready to articulate my thoughts, my phone taunts me with its instant access to all the words there have ever been.

There is only one possible conclusion. Slowly, without realizing it, I seem to have outsourced my mind to my phone. And to make matters worse, the [phone] knows it... . Several times during the day I feel it buzz in my pocket, alerting me that some vital information has just arrived. Then, when I look, there's nothing there. No email. No text. Nothing. Was the buzz in my mind? I don't think so. I think it's purposeful. I think my phone is mocking me. And it's not just my phone. It's all of them. They are working together, systematically robbing us of our intelligence, our humanity. And then, when we are made stupid and helpless, they will take over. It's just a matter of time before the next generation of iPhone is equipped with an opposable thumb. Oh yeah, they're smart alright. Evil, world domination smart.

I have to call people and tell them... Oh, great, now I have no bars! [Oh no], what is happening?!

Chuck Lorre

Oh yeah, +1 on the fact we are not being disloyal, it is Blackberry. Thor's promises ( and then convenient reversal) of BB10 for Playbook remind me of Nixon's last words, "I'm innocent, I'm innocent, I'm innocent, I quit!" But, as far as I'm concerned now, it's all just water under the gate.
    Last edited by Dexter Neilson; 07-04-13 at 02:09 PM.
    djenkins6 likes this.
    07-04-13 01:06 PM
    I still love my PB, but I'll have to move on. I travel quite a bit and was hoping that we would eventually get Skype or some form of cross-platform videochat and texting facility, but now we know that's not going to happen. The biggest factor driving me to consider another platform, though, is the lack of a good news reader. My most frequent non-work-related use for PB was keeping up with news streams; now that Gee Reader is no more, and with no PB alternative in the works (I tried Taptu, but it's soooo laggy), I need another way to get my news fix.

I can't see myself shelling out the money for Apple, so it's either Android or Windows 8 for me. I've been researching the Acer A1; looks interesting, and it may be a contender. I was interested to read F2's take on the Acer W3 (his comments re Acer support do leave me leery, though, and the fact that I had TWO Acer laptops experience the blue screen of death within days of purchase last year does not inspire confidence in their quality control). Windows 8 tablets seems like they would make an ideal laptop replacement, but except for the W3, they're big and expensive.

Checking out Nexus and Samsung, Galaxy Note 8 looks interesting; love the form factor, but I don't want to pay a premium for a stylus I won't use. The latest Nexus might be the fallback; seems like it would meet all my needs except HDMI output, which I do use on my PB from time to time.
    The Acer W3 is a total piece of Junk. You can buy a much better iPad Mini for less.
    07-05-13 07:29 AM
    nope I'm still happy with my PB, it does all I wanted from it, and more. Be nice to have some more bridge integration with my Z10
    07-05-13 09:17 AM
    I had to crash and burn my PB because of the **** battery issues and was not able to revive by stack charging like people said.
    I am moving to an xperia Z tablet
    07-05-13 10:01 AM
    We have two PBs and use them quite a bit (though less since we got our z10s). Mostly for browsing, youtube, kids' games, music, and as an e-reader.

I don't "need" another tablet, so I won't "buy" one - but I do have enough airline loyalty points for an iPad, 2 iPad Minis, or a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 (no Nexus tablets are available through points right now, and Windows ones are too many points). I might get a new tablet to dip my toe in the water of a rich ecosystem, but a) I don't even know what apps I'd use besides Netflix, and b) really really not keen on iTunes. Not sure what to do, really.

EDIT: I should point out that I wouldn't be getting rid of the PBs, or stop using them. Any new tablet would just be an addition to the fleet.
    07-05-13 10:12 AM
    The Playbook is still serving the same functions for me that it did before last Friday's earnings call, so I don't feel the burning need to jump ship. If it died, I wouldn't go to the trouble of hunting down another, but it does what I need it to do well enough that I'll keep using it.

If it did die, I'd probably go iPad Mini full time
    07-05-13 10:17 AM
    I won't get something new anytime soon. Frankly, I got a PB recently, because it was the cheapest thing with 64GB of space I'd ever seen. A comparable iPad Mini was something in the $600-700 range, which I couldn't justify to myself.
    Me too - this is why I'm not bummed about it. I paid like $200 bucks for a tablet with 64 GB storage. It's loaded with apps and games and videos and music. It serves its purpose and it came to me at a great price. I'd be mad if I paid $800 for it when it launched, but I didn't. In honesty, I use it for games more than my iOS devices or my Z10 because it has the room to keep them.
    07-05-13 10:20 AM
    Me too - this is why I'm not bummed about it. I paid like $200 bucks for a tablet with 64 GB storage. It's loaded with apps and games and videos and music. It serves its purpose and it came to me at a great price. I'd be mad if I paid $800 for it when it launched, but I didn't. In honesty, I use it for games more than my iOS devices or my Z10 because it has the room to keep them.
    That's pretty much my usage pattern as well, but this is also the reason every "dumb tablet" in the market annoys me right now.

I dislike WP8 but the full W8 is a brilliant OS on a tablet.
    I always wanted my tablets to do, what my PC can do (well at least for the majority of tasks. For Autocad or Photoshop, I prefer my workstation because of obvious reasons) and MS gave it to me.

The 13 inch Sony Vaio Duo Hybrid, will probably be my next Tablet.
    The performance of a sub-notebook (for those that remember the devices for 5000$, long before Apple knew what a MacBook Air is) as a tablet.
    Brilliant.

My Electronics will be pretty fragmented though...
    BlackBerry phone, 15 inch MacBook Pro with Retina display, the new Sony Hybrid and my W7 workstation.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:43 AM
    I'm going with Nexus 7 2.0 which is said to have 2 gig of RAM.
    07-05-13 10:52 AM
    That's pretty much my usage pattern as well, but this is also the reason every "dumb tablet" in the market annoys me right now.

I dislike WP8 but the full W8 is a brilliant OS on a tablet.
    I always wanted my tablets to do, what my PC can do (well at least for the majority of tasks. For Autocad or Photoshop, I prefer my workstation because of obvious reasons) and MS gave it to me.
    I have a Surface Pro and an iPad. I don't find W8 particularly good as a tablet OS or the Pro particular good as a tablet. I almost always reach for the iPad. It can do things the Surface Pro cannot (like access google calendar & program my car nav). The physical form factor is much better for a Tablet too.

The Surface Pro is great for OneNote and other office apps (iPad has OneNote too though). It is useful to be able to run other desktop apps too and the screen is beautiful too.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-05-13 12:23 PM
    Well I had two playbook sold the 16 gb for 100 buck lucky me but still have the 32 gb wifi and cellular went to buy a ipad mini using my playbook less and less!
    07-05-13 04:42 PM
    I'm likely to continue to use my PB, but I'd been considering an additional, larger tablet. For what I want I'd probably be good with a Win RT tablet (mostly for content consumption).

Still believe that even if the PB isn't going full-out BB10 that many improvements will still be implemented in subsequent updates. Fingers crossed.
    07-05-13 04:48 PM
    I'm likely to continue to use my PB, but I'd been considering an additional, larger tablet. For what I want I'd probably be good with a Win RT tablet (mostly for content consumption).

Still believe that even if the PB isn't going full-out BB10 that many improvements will still be implemented in subsequent updates. Fingers crossed.
    I also have my fingers crossed maybe for a pbos3.0
    07-05-13 05:01 PM
    I also have my fingers crossed maybe for a pbos3.0
    That may be a little much to hope for, unfortunately.

What I DO think we'll get will be the implementation of a bunch of stuff that got built for PB10, and works. Think 2.3, not 3.0.
    07-05-13 05:06 PM
    That may be a little much to hope for, unfortunately.

What I DO think we'll get will be the implementation of a bunch of stuff that got built for PB10, and works. Think 2.3, not 3.0.
    I'm thinking more of a pbos2.5 my glass is half full !
    07-05-13 05:09 PM
    Within these next 2 week the Playbooks ( 3 ) will get a new companion ( ipad )
    then we'll see what we have been missing on the playbook for years.
    Apppppppps ( crappy or not at least they have apppps ios or android ), handwriting input ( chinese ) etc...

Only thing we'll be missing is the swipping up and down this i know for sure.
    Everytime i use my mothers ipad i'm swipping, instead of using the HOME button.
    07-05-13 05:10 PM
210 ... 56789