I have one of those from the MS developer conference. It's the worst tablet I have ever used. Complete and utter junk,
    Could you provide more info on why you think that? Build quality? Screen, speakers? Laggy?
    07-02-13 09:00 AM
    Could you provide more info on why you think that? Build quality? Screen, speakers? Laggy?
    Windows. 'nuff said. :P

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-13 09:26 AM
    hold on a sec here whatsbthe difference between windows 8 and windows 8 Rt ?
    07-02-13 09:34 AM
    hold on a sec here whatsbthe difference between windows 8 and windows 8 Rt ?
    Windows 8 is real windows, like on your desktop and can run existing windows programs . Very expensive tablets. Windows RT is a tablet version and needs a new ecosystem. Cheap tablets.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:35 AM
    Windows 8 is real windows, like on your desktop and can run existing windows programs . Very expensive tablets. Windows RT is a tablet version and needs a new ecosystem. Cheap tablets.

Posted via CB10
    wouldn't windows 8 tablets be big,bulky and have poor battery then ?
    07-02-13 09:41 AM
    I don't about bulky, but I do believe the battery isn't as good as they run Intel chips and full Windows.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:43 AM
    I don't about bulky, but I do believe the battery isn't as good as they run Intel chips and full Windows.

Posted via CB10
    I just know my windows 7 laptop has a huge ulgly battery and I get 4 maybe 5 hours max
    07-02-13 10:01 AM
    I'll be using my PB until it dies. Sadly my 9930 gave up the ghost a few months ago & because I'm on a Sprint everything data family plan I was forced to choose between 2 yr old hardware (another 9930) or something not a bb. After much research I went with the iPhone 5 & can honestly say I don't regret it. Still not a fan of the Home button or the lack of a physical keyboard but amazed at all the things I can do now including using FaceTime with my 6 yr old granddaughter who has an iPod. Figure I'll probably get an iPad after I mourn my PB cuz after what was said about the future of tablets by bb I don't foresee another BBRY release....ever.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-13 10:16 AM
    Currently I have a Playbook and I'll keep using it for as long as possible. It's great for a few key apps (The Economist, Kindle reader, Bible). Mine's a bit laggy but it works fine. And it's great for browsing from the couch.

My plan is to wait for the A10. It seems like the A10 can replace a tablet, or there might be a dummy screen that could connect to it.
    07-02-13 10:20 AM
    I'll use it until it dies or my Torch dies. The Bridge is very convenient and with Verizon unlimited data I can't see switching to anything that will require paying monthly data fees. Too bad. I like the PB.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-13 10:22 AM
    its a damn shame for those who actually have a pb and use it they really like it. shame marketing sucked horribly
    07-02-13 10:25 AM
    For now, no. As a few others have already stated, I will keep using my Playbook until it dies. I have looked at the Kindle Fire HD and the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet because of the size of the 2, which are similar to the Playbook. I was impressed with the Galaxy Note from what I've read/researched but have yet to play around with one. iPad Mini is still a little bit big to carry around, unless I carry around a "man-bag/purse" or whatever. Lol. I can't justify spending $200+ right now for a new tablet when that money can be best used elsewhere. My Playbook cost $250 which I didn't mind forking over, but as long as it still works, I'll keep it and keep using it as I have before.

Still rocking my 9930/Playbook 32GB combo...

"If it isn't broken, why spend more money?"
    07-02-13 10:29 AM
    The MS Surface line (RT and Pro) uses a weird WIFI chip. It has trouble staying connected to wifi. It also had some problems with the attached keyboard. I don't think I would get a Surface.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    07-02-13 10:38 AM
    The MS Surface line (RT and Pro) uses a weird WIFI chip. It has trouble staying connected to wifi. It also had some problems with the attached keyboard. I don't think I would get a Surface.
    I wish their was more tqblet options
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-02-13 10:42 AM
    I really like the features and price points of the Windows Tablets... but not sure I want another device that doesn't have an ecosystem to really support it.

But too be honest, I'm thinking about moving back to a new laptop. Larger screen, physical keyboard and Windows environment for documents and picture editing just can't be beat. And my Z10 does most of what I need for Mobile....
    07-02-13 10:49 AM
    already did
    Chromebook for browsing at home (safety from viruses/malware and instant on)
    Surface RT for work travel laptop replacement (built in MS Office/IE for work webmail)
    iPad Mini with LTE for entertainment in the plane/car and Amazon eBook reading (easier to hold/carry)
    Kindle paperwhite for sitting in the bright sun outside reading by the pool

The Chromebook and Kindle were cheap
    The iPad Mini was an upgrade from an the original iPad I got with the ATT Unlimited access when it first came out
    The Surface is clunky but still easier to manage than a laptop too bad it didn't come with built in wireless

My Playbook has been packed away waiting for bridge to a Z10/Q10 in LTE for almost a year
    I'm a keyboard freak which is why I have been waiting for the Q10 with bridge but...

Maybe just give up and get the new Sony Experion Z 6.5" Phablet, phone/tablet in one with pen support
    07-02-13 10:54 AM
    I'm not going anywhere. As old as the PlayBook feels at times it still does things that no other tablet can do. I do a lot of PPT/Video presentations, about 175 per year, and to be able to use my phone as a remote is a Godsend and onscreen editing back at the hotel or the office is more than a convenience too. I know it's fashionable to kick the PlayBook around the block these days but for me I can't think of a single tool that's as valuable to my job outside of my Z10.
    07-02-13 11:28 AM
    Ipad mini. -No cent to BB liars anymore (or Lenovo or what so ever in the near feautre).
    07-02-13 11:29 AM
    Ill keep my BlackBerry PlayBook and keep my fingers cross that we get a update to 3.0. Once that happens or doesnt ill buy a Apple Ipad mini to help control my apple TV and itues.
    07-02-13 11:53 AM
    Ill keep my BlackBerry PlayBook and keep my fingers cross that we get a update to 3.0. Once that happens or doesnt ill buy a Apple Ipad mini to help control my apple TV and itues.
    I have a roku 2 xs and I have the latest roku android app sideloaded works great on my playbook. remote, add/delete channels, and more
    07-02-13 12:01 PM
    The pro is a little thicker than the rt as it has vents on the sides to allow more airflow, i have no clue how the battery would be, but im assuming the rt would be better as it uses an arm processor designed specifically for mobile applications while the pro uses a intel processor (im assuming the same one they use in ultrabooks/notebooks)
    07-02-13 12:07 PM
    I just know my windows 7 laptop has a huge ulgly battery and I get 4 maybe 5 hours max
    My Windows 8 "laptop" weighs under 3 pounds, gets 16 hours of battery life and runs virtually any Windows app you can think of. Then I detach the screen and it becomes a 1.5 pound tablet that gets 8-10 hours of battery life and still runs circles around the iPad or any Android tab. All in a sweet aluminum enclosure that you could easily mistake for a Macbook Air (clearly an intentional design decision). Full-sized HDMI port, 2x SD Card slots, 2x full-sized USB 2.0 ports, multi-touch click pad and a nice keyboard - all for under $600.

HP Envy x2 FTW!

RCK
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    07-02-13 12:08 PM
    I wish their was more tqblet options
    There will be less - dead in five years!
    07-02-13 12:17 PM
    There will be less - dead in five years!
    He speaks the truth.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 12:19 PM
    My Windows 8 "laptop" weighs under 3 pounds, gets 16 hours of battery life and runs virtually any Windows app you can think of. Then I detach the screen and it becomes a 1.5 pound tablet that gets 8-10 hours of battery life and still runs circles around the iPad or any Android tab. All in a sweet aluminum enclosure that you could easily mistake for a Macbook Air (clearly an intentional design decision). Full-sized HDMI port, 2x SD Card slots, 2x full-sized USB 2.0 ports, multi-touch click pad and a nice keyboard - all for under $600.

HP Envy x2 FTW!

RCK
    You are going to make me go out and look at it again! Maybe just look for a separate bt keyboard so it can be used across the room attached to the tv.

Oh, someone at Staples mentioned it was chock full of 3rd party "junk." Did you find that true?
    07-02-13 12:23 PM
210 ... 34567 ...