Amazon.com: Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard/Touchpad with Laser Pointer: Computers & Accessories

This is what I use. Works perfectly for my needs. The Rii mini bluetooth wireless keyboard.
    I already have the blackberry mini keyboard, complete with carrying case, so I donn't reallyy need another keyboard. I do have trouble with it because I frequently hit the scroll/mouse pad, that is located just below the space bar. Probably just need to get used to the small keyboard. I believe the keyboard w/case and travel mouse will be perfect for just that - travel, especially on airplanes and hotels where wifi is now easily accessible. I'm really excited!
    04-22-13 10:21 AM
    I have cut the back of an old hardback A5 diary which is a very useful 'mouse mat' if you are out and about/travelling - Just thought I'd share that one

I also have the BB mini keyboard, with mouse pad, but I found it to be a bit to small for me so I then got an HP Touchpad keyboard which is almost full size but without the number pad, which suits me very well. With the mouse, these are all, or more than, I need so will be selling the BB mini keyboard (only used briefly twice so in perfect condition etc) - just haven't got around to it.

Just as a PS, if anyone (in UK) is looking out for such a keyboard, please PM me.
    04-22-13 02:06 PM
    I have cut the back of an old hardback A5 diary which is a very useful 'mouse mat' if you are out and about/travelling - Just thought I'd share that one
    That is soo neat ! - Its a rough surface - plasticised cardboard isn't it? I actually have kept several old diaries, but mostly smoother surfaces. It's a marvellous idea, I'll look around!
    04-22-13 02:54 PM
    I also have the BB mini keyboard, with mouse pad, but I found it to be a bit to small for me so I then got an HP Touchpad keyboard which is almost full size but without the number pad, which suits me very well. With the mouse, these are all, or more than, I need so will be selling the BB mini keyboard (only used briefly twice so in perfect condition etc) - just haven't got around to it.
    Just as a PS, if anyone (in UK) is looking out for such a keyboard, please PM me.
    What I like about the mini keyboard is that it does not require any batteries - just a re-charge like the playbook. I could be wrong but it seems that all the others needed to be battery-operated. Oh yes, and it keeps its charge like forever!

Regarding UK shipping, I'm traveling to London this summer, so I've arranged my UK purchases on eBay to be delivered to where I'm staying while in London. This really cuts down on delivery charges. Just thought I'd throw that into the idea pot for people.
    04-22-13 03:03 PM
    I slid it into an C5 brown envelope, so that I could change the envelope if it became tatty or torn etc. So far, after nearly 2 yrs of only light use, I've not felt the need to renew the envelope!!!

Oh, another thing I think helpful - use a sharp knife / Stanley-type to cut the back off the diary, then you have a decent edge !!!

Handy for quick jottings, though, in which case you probably would need a new envelope every now and again

Pleased you liked my idea
    04-22-13 03:05 PM
    I slid it into an C5 brown envelope, so that I could change the envelope if it became tatty or torn etc. So far, after nearly 2 yrs of only light use, I've not felt the need to renew the envelope!!!

Oh, another thing I think helpful - use a sharp knife / Stanley-type to cut the back off the diary, then you have a decent edge !!!
    Handy for quick jottings, though, in which case you probably would need a new envelope every now and again Pleased you liked my idea
    I Love the idea, I've been upstairs and in my basement since reading your post - feeling old diary covers and books to see what might work and smiling all the time! Do you remember the Quo Vidas diaries -the small ones (which I still use) have leatherette. Plastic covers that have a slightly rough surface. The larger version seems to have a better quality cover purchased separately -I only have one of those, and I remember transfering each new book into this cover. Also located some old university books with real cloth binded covers. I just need to determine which would be the best surface cover to serve as a mouse pad, apart from needing to be a hard stiff platform, They would work great sitting on one's lap on the plane as well as in the hotel room. I'm beginning to think that this could be a useful sticky.
    04-22-13 03:43 PM
    Well, my plan is to get a Dell 5button travel mouse, a used one from eBay for approx $20-30, so this should be ok, right?
    I have a couple of the Dell bt travel mice, works great with pb, but I got them for $13 from Dell during sale, usually every few months.

CB10 on z10
    04-23-13 06:56 PM
    I have a couple of the Dell bt travel mice, works great with pb, but I got them for $13 from Dell during sale, usually every few months.

CB10 on z10
    Are you in the US? Its more here I think. Anyway, I got one off eBay for$15.88 + $10.00 shipping, so not bad considering the price on Amazon.ca.
    04-23-13 07:10 PM
    Just saw a couple on ebay for $13.95 with free shipping.Very good deal.
    04-23-13 08:16 PM
    Hi all,
    So, I have my mini keyboard and hooked my PB up to my TV, its pretty neat. It would be perfect if I could now use a wireless mouse with this setup. Mini everything and never use the PC again! - well, ok, I'm not looking for a mini mouse.
    Has anyone tried a wireless mouse with the playbook? Any type in particular that would work best? Thx
    Check out the thread below for a bunch of bluetooth mice and keyboards that work with the PB.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=640629

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:53 PM
    For those who have success with their wireless mouse, do you need a dongle or anything beyond the batteries?
    My Logitech V470 Bluetooth Mouse does not require any dongles.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-24-13 12:09 AM
    I already have the blackberry mini keyboard, complete with carrying case, so I donn't reallyy need another keyboard. I do have trouble with it because I frequently hit the scroll/mouse pad, that is located just below the space bar. Probably just need to get used to the small keyboard. I believe the keyboard w/case and travel mouse will be perfect for just that - travel, especially on airplanes and hotels where wifi is now easily accessible. I'm really excited!
    There is an option to disable the trackpad while typing.

04-24-13 12:12 AM
    There is an option to disable the trackpad while typing.

OMG thank you! Can you pls tell me how to disable the trackpad.
    04-24-13 12:19 PM
    OMG thank you! Can you pls tell me how to disable the trackpad.
    From the Manual:

"The touchpad automatically turns off while you are typing, so you don't have to worry about tapping something by mistake."

I'm not sure how quickly that "safety" engages when typing and when slowing down typing.
    04-24-13 05:43 PM
    From the Manual:

"The touchpad automatically turns off while you are typing, so you don't have to worry about tapping something by mistake."

I'm not sure how quickly that "safety" engages when typing and when slowing down typing.
    .....no it doesn't. When I'm typing and hit the space bar, I frequently hit the pad by mistake because its right below the space bar. When this happens, it moves the cursor up several lines and I'm totally lost.
    04-24-13 06:53 PM
    Marketing - BlackBerry aims at the business market and ipads and ipods are aimed at the rest of the world
    Last edited by muzeek; 04-27-13 at 05:39 AM.
    04-25-13 09:28 PM
    My mini Dell mouse arrived today. Like item, but came alone - no instructions, nothing. It can be tricky to open the battery box - very stiff & I was afraid of breaking it. Had to try 2 different sets of battery, same type, but fist set just flickered. Turned it on & off - no connection; went to tools and hit add new device - it wants device password. The device came alone - no instructions, nothing. Then I remembered - I watched a youtube video a while back which actually gave the password, so entered it an the device is working. Other youtube vids show what are the 5 buttons. Its great and you can type with it, so I can now enter script 3 different ways!!
    04-30-13 03:46 PM
42 12