Hi all,
    So, I have my mini keyboard and hooked my PB up to my TV, its pretty neat. It would be perfect if I could now use a wireless mouse with this setup. Mini everything and never use the PC again! - well, ok, I'm not looking for a mini mouse.
    Has anyone tried a wireless mouse with the playbook? Any type in particular that would work best? Thx
    04-21-13 12:13 PM
    Hi all,
    So, I have my mini keyboard and hooked my PB up to my TV, its pretty neat. It would be perfect if I could now use a wireless mouse with this setup. Mini everything and never use the PC again! - well, ok, I'm not looking for a mini mouse.
    Has anyone tried a wireless mouse with the playbook? Any type in particular that would work best? Thx
    I haven't tried one, but I have seen some Devs posting on Twitter about having a BT keyboard and mouse working on the Z10. There have been functionality issues though, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an app become available to smooth things out.
    04-21-13 12:52 PM
    Hi all,
    I have Microsoft 6000 BT keyboard and a Dell BT mouse that work flawlessly with my PlayBook. I can't remember the exact model of the mouse (traveler??) but I found a post or two on CrackBerry awhile back, which is why I decided to go with that model. The PB connected via HDMI to a HDTV, with a BT keyboard and mouse is a pretty killer combo.
    castoridae and Man@Arms like this.
    04-21-13 01:02 PM
    I use a Logitech Cordless MediaBoard Pro for Playstation 3. It has a built in touchpad if you like that type of input device. Some ppl only like mice. I like it 'cuz it is an all in one solution and don't have worry about a separate mouse while on the recliner. Works for WIDI on my laptop, too. It doesn't have a Windows key or numpad. PB doesn't need Windows key.
    Rakuten.com - Logitech PlayStation 3 Cordless MediaBoard Pro

I've not had a whole lot of trouble connecting BT devices to PB. I don't think you can go wrong with anything. I don't think there is one specifically for PB for specific PB functions.
    04-21-13 03:17 PM
    Yes. I've had one for over a year that works great.
    04-21-13 03:47 PM
    I've got a Dell Bluetooth 5 Button Travel Mouse which I bought from Amazon.
    It works extremely well and I'm very pleased with it
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-21-13 04:12 PM
    I've tried several BT mice without issue. You can also use a bridged BlackBerry that is OS5 or higher.
    04-21-13 05:24 PM
    Works with apple wireless mouse, keyboard and trackpad. Had to look for the passkeys ( which was 0000 ), but other than that, no issues.

Works in Dosbox like a charm.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    04-21-13 05:33 PM
    Yes. I've had one for over a year that works great.
    What is the one you have?
    04-21-13 05:37 PM
    I have the Microsoft Wedge Touch BT mouse, works great paired with the PlayBook. It's designed for easy portability/travel and the scrolling feature is better for control than the BB mini keyboard trackpad.
    04-21-13 06:04 PM
    Works with apple wireless mouse, keyboard and trackpad. Had to look for the passkeys ( which was 0000 ), but other than that, no issues. Works in Dosbox like a charm
    So I went to the Apple store and apparently the Apple magic mouse doesn't work on the iPad, but if this is the one you're talking about, it would work on the Playbook - is that right?
    04-21-13 06:56 PM
    Hmmmm, Dell 5 button blue tooth is $60.97 + shipping at Amazon.ca, $24.95 + $10.00 shipping best price on eBay. Guess which I'm buying?
    04-21-13 07:12 PM
    So I went to the Apple store and apparently the Apple magic mouse doesn't work on the iPad, but if this is the one you're talking about, it would work on the Playbook - is that right?
    LOL, don't you love the irony... Apple doesn't allow BT mouse on iOS
    CosmicHeretic likes this.
    04-21-13 07:33 PM
    Seriously ******** techno-thinking
    04-21-13 08:14 PM
    For those who have success with their wireless mouse, do you need a dongle or anything beyond the batteries?
    04-21-13 08:40 PM
    For those who have success with their wireless mouse, do you need a dongle or anything beyond the batteries?
    you don't need a dongle since the bt mouse connects directly to internal bt. Usb dongle would not work at this point and not needed, though would like Usb otg for disk access.

CB10 on z10
    04-21-13 09:00 PM
    you don't need a dongle since the bt mouse connects directly to internal bt. Usb dongle would not work at this point and not needed, though would like Usb otg for disk access.

CB10 on z10
    Unfortunately, a number of Logitech mice use a proprietary dongle so that those mice would not work. The feature is the: "Unifying receiver connects up to six compatible devices."
    04-21-13 09:21 PM
    Well, my plan is to get a Dell 5button travel mouse, a used one from eBay for approx $20-30, so this should be ok, right?
    04-21-13 09:41 PM
    I use my bridged Curve as a mouse when my PB is hooked to the 42-inch. My son works for Apple and was amazed first time he saw me use it. Yeah his iPhone can't do that.
    castoridae and anon(1852343) like this.
    04-21-13 09:48 PM
    What you need is a BLUETOOTH (BT) mouse rather than a WIRELESS mouse. Most (not all) BT mice will work, but I don't think you'll get any wireless mice (that will require a dongle in most cases) to work.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    04-21-13 10:04 PM
    I use my bridged Curve as a mouse when my PB is hooked to the 42-inch. My son works for Apple and was amazed first time he saw me use it. Yeah his iPhone can't do that.
    I'm still amazed that Apple remained more popular and the playbook fell.
    04-21-13 10:05 PM
    What you need is a BLUETOOTH (BT) mouse rather than a WIRELESS mouse. Most (not all) BT mice will work, but I don't think you'll get any wireless mice (that will require a dongle in most cases) to work.
    I frequently confuse these terms. I'm getting the Dell 5 button travel mouse, so I'm safe
    04-21-13 10:33 PM
    Amazon.com: Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard/Touchpad with Laser Pointer: Computers & Accessories

This is what I use. Works perfectly for my needs. The Rii mini bluetooth wireless keyboard.
    04-21-13 10:52 PM
    I'm getting the Dell 5 button travel mouse, so I'm safe
    I think you will be very pleased with the Dell travel mouse.
    Not sure if all the 'buttons' are effective as I haven't used them but for pointing, clicking, scrolling, swiping it does very well
    castoridae likes this.
    04-22-13 03:30 AM
    I think you will be very pleased with the Dell travel mouse.
    Not sure if all the 'buttons' are effective as I haven't used them but for pointing, clicking, scrolling, swiping it does very well
    Yes, I wondered what the '5 button' thingy was all about. What you are describing: for pointing, clickinng, scrollong and swiping, is exactly why I wanted one; basically, the same as a regular mouse. Thx for the vote of confidence!
    04-22-13 10:13 AM
42 12