Zero interest in cellular data, won't even pay for the radio. But would be interested in a new wi-fi only PB w/ 1.5 GHz.

I suspect PB w/ BB10 will benefit from 1.5 GHz much more than 2.x. So might not be if/until BB10 arrives that wi-fi only PB gets 1.5 GHz?
    08-05-12 10:47 AM
    I hope so, although I'd rather get 1.5Ghz AND 2GB memory in an "enhanced" Playbook, because I think the Playbook OS would really benefit from more memory. Of course the ultimate dream would be 1.5Ghz CPU, 2 GB RAM AND a Micro SD slot!
    08-05-12 11:28 AM
    Zero interest in cellular data, won't even pay for the radio. But would be interested in a new wi-fi only PB w/ 1.5 GHz.

I suspect PB w/ BB10 will benefit from 1.5 GHz much more than 2.x. So might not be if/until BB10 arrives that wi-fi only PB gets 1.5 GHz?
    I doubt it. The 4G LTE Playbook is also wifi and has the 1.5GHZ, So you can use it just with the wifi and not activate the cellular data, and just use Bridge.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-05-12 12:28 PM
    That would be cool, i would be all over that.
    08-05-12 02:49 PM
    I doubt it. The 4G LTE Playbook is also wifi and has the 1.5GHZ, So you can use it just with the wifi and not activate the cellular data, and just use Bridge.
    Yea, this makes sense.....sounds about right (logical)
    jafobabe likes this.
    08-05-12 03:48 PM
    I'll probably pick one up myself. Having the option of connecting via "data plan" one day would be cool (if I EVER do), but would love the minor enhancements.
    08-06-12 04:11 AM
    I'll probably pick one up myself. Having the option of connecting via "data plan" one day would be cool (if I EVER do), but would love the minor enhancements.
    Well, if it got to the point where Verizon (in my case) forced me off UNlimited data and forced Sharing, it might be handy. But until that time, I don't need it.
    08-06-12 08:54 AM
    I think the 1.5 LTE could be the last of this version.

A sleeker more powerful model needs to be done using the new OS.
    This may be why the BB10 PB is taking longer to be released. Just a guess.
    Coordinated styling between the PB and RIMs phones.

Not sure we will see that, but it is a nice thought. A "rebirth" of sorts.

Tim
    08-06-12 09:16 AM
    I rather doubt Rim is delaying BB10 just to coordinate styling with the phones. But heck, we are talking about Rim, so who knows.
    08-06-12 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD