View Poll Results: Will RIM release an update with BBM this Tuesday?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

71 33.65%
  • No

57 27.01%
  • RIM can't keep any date it will happen sometime in a few weeks.

83 39.34%
    also supposed to include video chat....no? can't do that on the BB....
    05-01-11 08:48 PM
    having bbm on the pb will def be a plus. i wont have to keep switching from my pb to bb everytime i get a bbm msg and with a blue tooth headset i wont even have to take out my bb out of my holster for calls
    05-01-11 08:55 PM
    I was out on Friday eve and saw a guy with his playbook out and playing with it. When I saw him break out a phone not released yet (Monaco - Storm3) I had to go over to talk. He had pocketed the phone then and wouldn't take it back out with a grin when I mentioned it. I asked and he told me he's been with RIM for a few years now and so was the other guy with him.

He did start showing me his playbook then asking what I thought of it. The one thing he showed me and mentioned was "And this the e-mail on the playbook". I made mention that that was not normally there and again the smile when he shut the mail off. He did let me play for a little look and I was sure I saw a BBM symbol in with the apps. I can't be sure because he was pointing out items as we went along and I didn't get to see that screen for long enough to see all the stuff there.

With seeing the playbook and the phone is a good sign that the apps and software are coming real soon.Looks like a good year of stuff.
    05-01-11 08:58 PM
    The one thing he showed me and mentioned was "And this the e-mail on the playbook". I made mention that that was not normally there and again the smile when he shut the mail off.
    hmm what could this be?��??
    05-01-11 09:06 PM
    I will believe it when we see it.

I use BBM, but I honestly don't care at this stage seeing it on my PlayBook. As much as it's hard to believe to some, there are corporations and institutions that deactivate/uninstall BBM.

If it comes, great. If not, oh well. Will it make me return my PlayBook, I doubt it.
    05-01-11 09:19 PM
    Not interested in BBM myself, but what I would like to see is SMS over the bridge. Never use BBM, I'd remove it from the phone if I could; but I'm always using SMS.
    05-01-11 09:25 PM
    I was at a Future shop Yesterday and there was a RIM rep there to talk about the PlayBook. When he heard that I had a PlayBook we got to talking and he told me that there will be a major update for the PlayBook coming next week that will include BBM AND a video conferencing app! I have a feeling that it will be through BBM but I really hope that it's Skype that he was talking about.

But to summarize,

BBM AND a video conference app coming next week!
    05-02-11 12:02 AM
    I was at a Future shop Yesterday and there was a RIM rep there to talk about the PlayBook. When he heard that I had a PlayBook we got to talking and he told me that there will be a major update for the PlayBook coming next week that will include BBM AND a video conferencing app! I have a feeling that it will be through BBM but I really hope that it's Skype that he was talking about.

But to summarize,

BBM AND a video conference app coming next week!
    sounds good, but it would sound better if it came out this week
    05-02-11 12:08 AM
    I'm just looking forward to a new update.
    05-02-11 12:43 AM
    sounds good, but it would sound better if it came out this week
    oh sorry, this was yesterday so he was referring to this upcoming week!
    05-02-11 01:10 AM
    the video conferencing app that is coming in the update is the native bb video conferencing using blackberry ids to add contacts
    05-02-11 01:34 AM
    the video conferencing app that is coming in the update is the native bb video conferencing using blackberry ids to add contacts
    Ha do you know?
    05-02-11 01:36 AM
    We have it today folks RIM came through

See http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ju...9330-a-610804/
    05-02-11 01:42 AM
    trust me you will see.
    05-02-11 01:47 AM
    For once I am looking forward to Monday.
    05-02-11 01:54 AM
    The "Yes" peeps WIN!
    05-02-11 02:13 AM
    The "Yes" peeps WIN!
    Update is only out for the Phone not the tablet
    05-02-11 02:17 AM
    New bridge browser for phone to allow BBM on Tablet.

Just got a Bridge update on my 9330 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Check out the screen cap from poster agault.
    Last edited by johndoe086; 05-02-11 at 02:30 AM.
    05-02-11 02:22 AM
    No native BBM? Fail.
    05-02-11 02:33 AM
    i have bought a Playbook for any reasons but one of them were BBM in native...
    I'm very disappointed about this update.
    I don't have a BBerrie phone and i' don't want a BBerrie
    05-02-11 03:16 AM
    No native BBM? Fail.
    i have bought a Playbook for any reasons but one of them were BBM in native...
    I'm very disappointed about this update.
    I don't have a BBerrie phone and i' don't want a BBerrie
    Seriously guys? When was there ever supposed to be native BBM? If you researched the product before you bought it you'd see that it has been commonly discussed the Playbook will only support BBM through bridging with your Blackberry as of now. This could change in the future.
    05-02-11 03:22 AM
    All i can say is that i will seat and watch....If i comes out better.....Lol
    05-02-11 03:47 AM
    BBM on PB came out today.

There is a new Bridge for the phones and new BBM.

Versions needed:

BBM: 5.0.3.22 or the 6.0 beta
    Bridge: 1.0.0.83

Got the new Bridge off the App world website. Didn't say it was the new version
    but downloaded it and got the one indicated above.

See other threads in this section. "Just got a Bridge update on my 9330"

BoxFeeder and agault got the ball rolling.

Tim
    05-02-11 04:35 AM
    checking app world now to verify rumor..

i forgot how big bbm files are. Slooooow progress bar!

edit: i am showing bridge 1.0.0.78 still on app world. The new bridge isnt showing up on my appworld or this is a really really nasty gag.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 05-02-11 at 05:35 AM.
    05-02-11 05:30 AM
    My app world still doesn't show any update to Bridge.
    05-02-11 06:06 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD