View Poll Results: Will RIM release an update with BBM this Tuesday?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

71 33.65%
  • No

57 27.01%
  • RIM can't keep any date it will happen sometime in a few weeks.

83 39.34%
    RIM promised us BBM in 2 weeks after release, that is Tuesday. Will this happen, will it not?
    Last edited by rjkolo; 04-30-11 at 06:48 PM.
    04-30-11 06:40 PM
    No one outside of RIM knows for sure, obviously. My heart says yes, but unfortunately my brain says no. I have a feeling it will be delayed - but if it is, only by a few days.
    04-30-11 06:46 PM
    I'm pretty sure RIM said two weeks for BBM, but stated 60 days for native email.
    but i for one am not holding my breath about seeing BBM by tuesday.
    04-30-11 06:46 PM
    I'm pretty sure RIM said two weeks for BBM, but stated 60 days for native email.
    but i for one am not holding my breath about seeing BBM by tuesday.
    You would be correct, I corrected the post. I really hope it comes Tuesday as well...but I wont be shocked if it doesn't.
    04-30-11 06:50 PM
    I don't think it will happen so easily. You can't trust RIM
    04-30-11 06:57 PM
    I hope it comes on Tuesday but knowing RIM, the only thing that will come on tuesday is a statement that says "just wait, we promise that something good will be released sometime in the future". I hope that I am completely wrong on this.
    04-30-11 07:03 PM
    I think they'll announce Tuesday that BBM will available at a sooner date. I'm more
    than sure that BBM will be on the PB somewhere during the first 10 days of May.
    04-30-11 07:05 PM
    Blackberry World starts Tuesday with a keynote from Mike Lazaridis so fingers crossed !
    04-30-11 07:06 PM
    I'm going to say 'no'. People will be disappointed but only for a short while till they announce the 9900. Then all will be forgotten. At least for a week or so.
    04-30-11 07:24 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger 6.0 (6.0.0.73) came out in Beta Zone the other day, and it does not work on Bridge yet. They have a survey that's due to be done by the 5th. This taken to into account, there will not be another version released to the public in time for the deadline. The best they can do it turn out another version of Bridge that reads the BBM. I personally do not see it.
    04-30-11 07:38 PM
    i think we'll see them give us a date at least. i really want bbm on my pb.
    04-30-11 07:42 PM
    I would love if we got BBM on tuesday, but I just have a funny feeling it's not going to happen.
    04-30-11 07:43 PM
    This is RIM we're talking about. We were also suppose to have the PlayBook by end of Q1.
    04-30-11 07:51 PM
    We probably wont get anything for the rest of the year
    04-30-11 07:53 PM
    I certainly hope so, but wouldn't be terribly surprised if it didn't come to us until late May. Does anyone know when the Android apps are supposed to be available?
    04-30-11 07:55 PM
    We will see $5.00 gas before BBM
    04-30-11 08:00 PM
    Jim B did say 2 weeks at launch, but like many others I don't really believe it. I would like to see it arrive within the next 2 weeks along with an update that addresses some of the bugs in the 1710 OS release. So we'll have to take a wait and see approach.
    04-30-11 08:03 PM
    This is RIM we're talking about. We were also suppose to have the PlayBook by end of Q1.
    im guessing you posted this message on your playbook while watching the hockey game, just like me!

1-0 canucks

on topic:

i really hope RIM uses their upcoming event to announce some major new things in regards to the playbook. This device is awesome, but just needs to mature a little bit (expected) and get some new features that really should have been there from the start.

i.e. any bad spelling in this post should have been auto corrected by my playboo!
    04-30-11 09:23 PM
    I have been a loyal BlackBerry user for several years, but I am sad to say I have lost all faith in RIM.

My PlayBook is going back on Monday (bought it on launch day with 14 day return window), and it will truly be a sad day for me. But I truly believe RIM has let all of its loyal customers down, and that they really do not have our interest at heart. They are not even coming out with anything official regarding all the shortcomings of the PlayBook.

Unfortunately "it is coming soon" does not cut it for me, and after so many years, it may be time for me to try something new.

Not trying to step on anyones toes, just saying how I, a loyal BlackBerry user am feeling.
    04-30-11 09:36 PM
    In all seriousness, why is everyone so jazzed about BBM? Frankly, I have always uninstalled it off my BBerries. I have SMS and email. What is the big deal about it? Thanks.
    04-30-11 09:56 PM
    I better buy some popcorn this weekend, theres gonna be some good DRAMA come Monday & Tuesday
    04-30-11 10:01 PM
    I personally dont even think bbm will ever come. Why would it? This is a wifi only device so you would only get bbm updates when connected not like if it had a 3g or 4g radio in it which is always connected. I say never for bbm.
    04-30-11 10:09 PM
    I personally dont even think bbm will ever come. Why would it? This is a wifi only device so you would only get bbm updates when connected not like if it had a 3g or 4g radio in it which is always connected. I say never for bbm.
    we mean the bridge access, not standalone
    bigchico68 likes this.
    04-30-11 10:12 PM
    we mean the bridge access, not standalone
    oh ok, i got ya. Yeah i agree then I think it will be soon. Dont know about tuesday but definitely soon
    04-30-11 10:16 PM
    I have been a loyal BlackBerry user for several years, but I am sad to say I have lost all faith in RIM.

My PlayBook is going back on Monday (bought it on launch day with 14 day return window), and it will truly be a sad day for me. But I truly believe RIM has let all of its loyal customers down, and that they really do not have our interest at heart. They are not even coming out with anything official regarding all the shortcomings of the PlayBook.

Unfortunately "it is coming soon" does not cut it for me, and after so many years, it may be time for me to try something new.

Not trying to step on anyones toes, just saying how I, a loyal BlackBerry user am feeling.
    obviously you are in the critical position of deciding whats best for you. i empathize with your disappointment. cant say that the current PB gaps are sufficient for me to return it. i'm enjoying it as a mobile media and browsing device. the form factor is just right.
    04-30-11 10:23 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD